Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting Stars

sanchez710

I had an interesting coincidence experience recently. About 2 weeks ago I was driving home from work in the evening and the sky was really clear. I stopped at a lay-by and parked for a while to look at the stars. A short time later in my peripheral vision, I saw a bright meteor briefly flash a trail in the sky. That was lucky to see that, I thought. And made a wish. A few days later I was again driving home from town, this time a bit later as I had been at a therapy session which was quite tough emotionally. I stopped at the lay-by again as the sky was crystal clear and the stars were beautiful. I was looking at the constellation of the Plough or Big Dipper and thought that it would be nice to see another shooting star. I then asked it out loud. Right at that moment, to the left of the Big Dipper, a really bright meteor streaked diagonally across the sky. I said out loud... Wow, thanks! I made another wish and drove the rest of the way home with a smile on my face. Thanks for reading. 

• Like 4

@sanchez710 at the very least, you got to see a couple of impressive shooting stars! 

I hope that whatever is going on with you goes as well as it can. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@sanchez710 at the very least, you got to see a couple of impressive shooting stars! 

I hope that whatever is going on with you goes as well as it can. 

Thanks, very kind of you. 

• Like 3

I recall my dad got all into the study of coincidence one fun trick is while driving think about a traffic or street changing or turning off as you pass it does happen.

Ive had a few real stunners but im too skeptical to subscribe paranormal to any of it.

• Like 2

I called an ambulance one time for a close friend of mine because she had a seizure. It was in the middle of the night, like around 2am. They took her to the hospital and I followed the ambulance there. Right when the ambulance came to a stop at the ER, there was a very bright meteor that came down in the distance, right in line with the top of the ambulance. It sort of freaked me out and I thought I sure hope that is not a bad omen, I don't believe in stuff like that. My friend never recovered and died about 3 days later. I still do not believe that was anything but a coincidence, but I won't forget it, very sad event. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Here's a really weird one from yesterday evening. My wife and I were watching the Netflix series 'Better than Us'. There was a scene were the main guy in the series was having a sort of confrontation with a bot and it was blocking his way from exiting a room and said 'No' twice and then the TV just sort of freaked out and started stuttering the bot and my wife looked at me like 'what is happening?' and then the TV just shut off. I've never seen it do that before. It came back on, but the UPS for my entertainment system was fried. 

That doesn't even sound weird, but trust me, it was freaking weird, you would have had to see it to understand. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seems when i read this stuff its more about us humans like to perhaps need to subscribe deeper meaning to meaningless random events i know ive done it myself in a that was cool hah hah type way.

In fact sometimes all i have is my cynical skepticism to keep me grounded.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 6:35 AM, the13bats said:

Seems when i read this stuff its more about us humans like to perhaps need to subscribe deeper meaning to meaningless random events i know ive done it myself in a that was cool hah hah type way.

In fact sometimes all i have is my cynical skepticism to keep me grounded.

I agree totally. It was just a cool coincidence for me but it was nice to be connected to the universe for a second. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sanchez710 said:

I agree totally. It was just a cool coincidence for me but it was nice to be connected to the universe for a second. 

Dont get the wrong idea about me while i am a rather jaded cynical skeptic i would be delighted to be proven wrong.

• Like 2

Looks to be remnants of the Northern Taurids (Nov. 12) meteor shower.

Coincidences do happen, and it's probable that it does.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Looks to be remnants of the Northern Taurids (Nov. 12) meteor shower.

Coincidences do happen, and it's probable that it does.

Yes they certainly do. I have had quite a few good ones over the years. The best was when my phone rang and someone said Hi, Sanchez, is that you? I said yes who's that? It's Jo, are you still coming over this evening? I knew a Jo but she lived about 450 miles away. I replied.. Erm no. I think you have the wrong number She then said, but you're Sanchez Mariposa yes? Yes I am but I don't know you. What number did you call? She stated the phone number which had one digit different to mine. We both went a bit quiet and then she said that this is weird. You have someone with the same name and almost the same number. It seemed that way. We said goodbye and I looked up my name in the phone directory. Sure enough there was someone who not only had the same name as me and almost the same number but also almost the same street name and lived nearby... I was a bit freaked out but put it down to a really interesting coincidence. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sanchez710 said:

Yes they certainly do. I have had quite a few good ones over the years. The best was when my phone rang and someone said Hi, Sanchez, is that you? I said yes who's that? It's Jo, are you still coming over this evening? I knew a Jo but she lived about 450 miles away. I replied.. Erm no. I think you have the wrong number She then said, but you're Sanchez Mariposa yes? Yes I am but I don't know you. What number did you call? She stated the phone number which had one digit different to mine. We both went a bit quiet and then she said that this is weird. You have someone with the same name and almost the same number. It seemed that way. We said goodbye and I looked up my name in the phone directory. Sure enough there was someone who not only had the same name as me and almost the same number but also almost the same street name and lived nearby... I was a bit freaked out but put it down to a really interesting coincidence. 

A few years back my wife wanted a cheap pay as you go phone for some stuff and sure enough the number it came with belonged to a lady with the same name as my wife albeit a fairly common name.

My dad who passed in 2014 had on his same street a couple blocks away a man with his same names first and last not middle not common name and would receive and open each others mail for over 20 years.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 4:59 AM, sanchez710 said:

I had an interesting coincidence experience recently. About 2 weeks ago I was driving home from work in the evening and the sky was really clear. I stopped at a lay-by and parked for a while to look at the stars. A short time later in my peripheral vision, I saw a bright meteor briefly flash a trail in the sky. That was lucky to see that, I thought. And made a wish. A few days later I was again driving home from town, this time a bit later as I had been at a therapy session which was quite tough emotionally. I stopped at the lay-by again as the sky was crystal clear and the stars were beautiful. I was looking at the constellation of the Plough or Big Dipper and thought that it would be nice to see another shooting star. I then asked it out loud. Right at that moment, to the left of the Big Dipper, a really bright meteor streaked diagonally across the sky. I said out loud... Wow, thanks! I made another wish and drove the rest of the way home with a smile on my face. Thanks for reading. 

Hi, Sanchez.

How do you know that you didn't see UFO's? Many people mix the two. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Hi, Sanchez.

By the most basic definition if something is flying in the sky and the witness doesnt know what it is then its a UFO, unidentified flying object.

however this person says he believes it to be shooting stars no clue why you want to go backwards with this one please explain why you do not believe it to be shooting stars.

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2022 at 5:56 AM, Hyperionxvii said:

Here's a really weird one from yesterday evening. My wife and I were watching the Netflix series 'Better than Us'. There was a scene were the main guy in the series was having a sort of confrontation with a bot and it was blocking his way from exiting a room and said 'No' twice and then the TV just sort of freaked out and started stuttering the bot and my wife looked at me like 'what is happening?' and then the TV just shut off. I've never seen it do that before. It came back on, but the UPS for my entertainment system was fried. 

That doesn't even sound weird, but trust me, it was freaking weird, you would have had to see it to understand. 

The original Metal Gear Solid game featured a psychic NPC. He could access your PS1 and tell you about games you had played and also take over the controls, like vibration. It was a fun feature.

On 12/9/2022 at 12:33 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Hi, Sanchez.

Definitely not a 'UFO'. It was a short, bright trail of a meteor. I have seen a couple of other strange things in the sky that I couldn't explain but this one was definitely a shooting star. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, sanchez710 said:

Definitely not a 'UFO'. It was a short, bright trail of a meteor. I have seen a couple of other strange things in the sky that I couldn't explain but this one was definitely a shooting star. 

Some folks know shooting stars when they see them, whats next credulous true believers claim aliens disguise themselves as metors?

Its not you some dear true true believers are so far down their rabbit hole of delusions that they ache and grasp that everything is a UFO and UFO equals aliens which is of course riduculous to rational people.

i drive home from the club i work late at fri and sat a 30 mile trip back roads kind of country i see all kinds of weird stuff and i dont know what all of it really is im just not a person who makes some unsupprted leap from i dont know so it must be xxxx.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2022 at 3:11 AM, pellinore said:

The original Metal Gear Solid game featured a psychic NPC. He could access your PS1 and tell you about games you had played and also take over the controls, like vibration. It was a fun feature.

Psycho Mantis! That was a trip back in high school. Had to switch ports to beat the character