Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Five-year-old girl attacked by raccoon while waiting for school bus in Connecticut

Still Waters

A 5-year-old girl was attacked by an aggressive raccoon while waiting for the school bus outside her home in Ashford, Connecticut, on December 2.

Logan MacNamara’s home surveillance camera captured the scary moment her daughter, Rylee, was bitten. She told Storyful her daughter stepped outside to wait for the bus and the raccoon was sitting on the porch.

The video shows the raccoon quickly latch onto Rylee’s leg, who then screams and attempts to shake the animal off. MacNamara rushes to help her daughter, grabbing onto the animal by the scruff of its neck. She’s able to remove it, and at one point can be seen holding both the raccoon and her daughter. Once her daughter is inside she throws the animal into her yard where it can be seen waddling away.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/five-old-girl-attacked-raccoon-174552233.html

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

When I was ten years old I had a buddy in the neighborhood whose family adopted a wild raccoon kit.  They named him Rastus and he was mostly confined to a large cage when the family weren't home.  We used to wind him up, nothing mean spirited or abusive but we'd pick at him at times.  I went over to see my buddy one day and when I came around the corner of his house, who do I meet but an angry Rastus, loose and lovin' it! :lol:  He chased me for 20-30 yards and used his claws to shred my heel.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, and-then said:

When I was ten years old I had a buddy in the neighborhood whose family adopted a wild raccoon kit.  They named him Rastus and he was mostly confined to a large cage when the family weren't home.  We used to wind him up, nothing mean spirited or abusive but we'd pick at him at times.  I went over to see my buddy one day and when I came around the corner of his house, who do I meet but an angry Rastus, loose and lovin' it! :lol:  He chased me for 20-30 yards and used his claws to shred my heel.

That will teach you. Go team Racoon :lol::tu:

• Haha 1

When I was ten, I encountered a belligerent racoon while roaming the woods. I drilled that sucker right through the head with my Marlin .22.