Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trudeau says assisted dying offers to veterans ‘unacceptable’ as cases mount

glorybebe

On Thursday, retired corporal Christine Gauthier, who is paraplegic, told the House of Commons standing committee on veterans affairs that the topic of assisted dying was raised during a years-long fight for a home wheelchair lift.

“On the comment of medical assistance in dying … I was approached with that as well,” Gauthier testified. She described the comments of the VAC agent she spoke with as saying, “‘Madam, if you are really so desperate, we can give you medical assistance in dying.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/9321582/veterans-affairs-maid-cases-trudeau/

Getting pretty bizarre in Canada when the government would rather kill you than help you

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

America, be very afraid: astonishingly, Canada is now euthanizing 10,000 of its citizens a year - and some of the horrific stories of its ultra-permissive policy will horrify you

More and more.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe a distraction, but how many Americans do insurance companies allow to die each year by refusing to cover treatments?

One of my aunts skipped cancer treatment because of the cost, her age, and the fact that it made her feel bad.  Once the symptoms kicked in, she quickly opted for the assisted suicide (she lived in Oregon).

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

One of my aunts skipped cancer treatment because of the cost, her age, and the fact that it made her feel bad.  Once the symptoms kicked in, she quickly opted for the assisted suicide (she lived in Oregon).

Untold millions of Americans literally can not afford to get sick. That's the point we're at now. 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It happened to my mom at 85.  She did have the heart surgery she needed, even with insurance the cost depleted her retirement savings and some of us siblings. She never fully recovered her strength.  After a couple of years, she told us she was happy to be done.  She cheerfully stopped eating and went to a hospital from the care facility.  She remained fun, present, light hearted, and got to see most of her family in the last couple of days. I was there when she peacefully let go of her last breath.  Seems like she chose well.  It was the best passing by far of my parents and my wife's parents. The others were not so peaceful or sublime.

• Like 1