Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any ideas on what kind of camera to use?

smallpackage

I don't know what to use. I want to be able to take pictures of the sky and be able to see the stars (incase I do see something unexplained)...The best camera I have is a 3.2 Mega pixel digital camera..Which barely picks up the moon. Any ideas?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smallpackage

• star_child

• forgotfel

• Barb

You are going to need nice film camera. Digital cameras just don't cut it. What you are looking for is a camera that does long exposures. You won't be able to pick up the stars if you are holding that camera either. You need to set your camera down on a tripod, or mounted somewhere then you can take the picture. Because you are dealing with so little light any movement will show up blurry. So camera that does long exposures (infinite, 1 hour, etc..) and you need to mount it. Good Luck!

Bianca

You would definitely be better off with an SLR camera, but you'd also be suprised at what you can do with one of those simple 3.2 mp digital camers. I would read up in the instruction manual and see how it suggests you apply the settings. You can set the shutter speed and aperature so that pictures such as the one are you are describing may have a good possibility of coming out well.

Hi.

If you want to see the sky and the stars you need a telescope. The Celestron line are the best.

Then you need a camera, but not a digital, a normal camera with objective removable.

You remove the objective from the camera and you applies it to the telescope.

You can also buy only a camera and a tripod. You place the camera on the tripod, then you leave the objective open for 10 min, ad example. You should use a sensitive film, best are 1000 ASA.

Check this link:

http://www.astropix.com

Good luck ! grin2.gif

good old fashioned cameras r the best to use!!!

Digital Cameras have great zoom.

Also, you say you want to see something unexplained. The best time to see something unexplained is when you least expect it, and I don't think a lot of people have cameras with them 24/7, so the chances are very slim that you will ever get a picture of 'something' let alone see it.

Good luck to you on it, though, thumbsup.gif

Yes I know, But I'd still like to take pictures of stars. tongue.gif

Edit: Also, With so many sightings these days, I dont think the chances are slim.

Edited by smallpackage

Stars are so beautiful. Will you post some pictures if you get good ones? I'm sure we would all love to see them, regardless of whether or not you see something weird.

Also, so many people fake things and spoil it for the rest of us.