Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indonesia set to ban sex outside marriage

Eldorado

People in Indonesia who have sex outside of marriage could face up to a year in jail if officials ratify sweeping changes to the country's criminal code as expected on Tuesday.

As well as criminalising adultery, the revised code would ban unmarried couples from living together.

The law, if passed, would apply to Indonesian citizens and foreigners alike, including tourists to the hotspots of Bali and the islands off Lombok.

Insulting the president and spreading views counter to the secular national ideology, known as the Pancasila, will also be outlawed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/indonesia-set-to-ban-sex-outside-marriage-in-overhaul-of-criminal-code/ar-AA14VBr7?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well they're gonna see a drop in tourism.

Though the stuff about insulting the president and spreading views that don't align with those of the government is a LOT more concerning.  Even if I don't live there it always pains me when a country does something like that. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

People in Indonesia who have sex outside of marriage could face up to a year in jail if officials ratify sweeping changes to the country's criminal code as expected on Tuesday.

As well as criminalising adultery, the revised code would ban unmarried couples from living together.

The law, if passed, would apply to Indonesian citizens and foreigners alike, including tourists to the hotspots of Bali and the islands off Lombok.

Insulting the president and spreading views counter to the secular national ideology, known as the Pancasila, will also be outlawed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/indonesia-set-to-ban-sex-outside-marriage-in-overhaul-of-criminal-code/ar-AA14VBr7?

What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes: 

I wonder what @SHaYap thinks about this?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

"Indonesia's population is predominantly Muslim, with sizeable groups of Hindus, Christians and people of other faiths. Most Indonesian Muslims practice a moderate version of Islam, but recent years have seen a rise in religious conservatism that has crept into politics."

Imagine that...

Let me guess… gaol for the woman, a slap on the wrist and telling not to be naughty for the man involved?

• Like 1