Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alleged Antarctic Photos from 1912 showing ruins.

Alchopwn

While trawling YouTube with 2 dogs on my lap one evening I came across an outrageous claim which I thought might amuse and titillate the jaded palates of the Unexplained Mysteries forum.  I believe these photos are from the Flat Earth society in some form, and claim to represent suppressed photographs from Scott's Expedition that crossed the "Polar Wall" into the flat earth lands beyond (or some-such).  The details are vague and sketchy (I wonder why? Clearly evidence of a conspiracy, but by whom? :alien::devil::ph34r:B):cat::sk:santa:?).  Nevertheless the photos do seem genuinely old and you might enjoy having a good look at them.  I suspect they are mainly from Tibet and the 1904 Younghusband Expedition, but I haven't done any image searches to find out the answers.  Has anyone bumped into these before?  Where are they from?  Anyhow, enjoy your Antarctic conspiracy slideshow.  Expect the images to repeat from video to video.

The Ice Wall Images

Suppressed Images of 1912 

The Ice Wall expedition

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Most, if not all, of them look to be AI generated. Check out the garbled attempts at text in some like the one below, it's a dead giveaway of AI.560944639_TheIceWall(61IMAGES)1912Cpt.RobertScottExpeditionantarcticafactsflatearth3-5screenshot.png.a8b1624f9eca85c487c121883bf96dd7.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Most, if not all, of them look to be AI generated. Check out the garbled attempts at text in some like the one below, it's a dead giveaway of AI.560944639_TheIceWall(61IMAGES)1912Cpt.RobertScottExpeditionantarcticafactsflatearth3-5screenshot.png.a8b1624f9eca85c487c121883bf96dd7.png

Honestly I can't read it at all, and I'm sort sighted.  What does it say?

2 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Honestly I can't read it at all, and I'm sort sighted.  What does it say?

It doesn't say anything, it's the AI's failure to generate actual text.

• Like 3

Besides the obvious fake text, there are other AI generated discrepancies. Why does the ship in these "photos" sometimes have four masts when Scott's actual ship, the Terra Nova, had three masts?

1198464006_TheIceWall(61IMAGES)1912Cpt.RobertScottExpeditionantarcticafactsflatearth2-16screenshot.png.e6807c367aa620f153e3eb415fbc749a.png

• Like 4

Just now, Carnoferox said:

It doesn't say anything, it's the AI's failure to generate actual text.

Well thank F for that.  I thought I was losing my eyesight.  Do A.I.s actually generate unreadable pseudo text these days?  How odd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alchopwn said:

Well thank F for that.  I thought I was losing my eyesight.  Do A.I.s actually generate unreadable pseudo text these days?  How odd.

Yes, they are mostly unable to create text in images. It's a telltale flaw in what otherwise can appear to be quite convincing images.

• Like 3

Just now, Carnoferox said:

Yes, they are mostly unable to create text in images. It's a telltale flaw in what otherwise can appear to be quite convincing images.

Thanks for tipping me off about it then.  I have had a small investigation of AI generated images, but not to the same depth as yourself obviously.   I wonder which image generating AI program produced them? (There are quite a few).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Thanks for tipping me off about it then.  I have had a small investigation of AI generated images, but not to the same depth as yourself obviously.   I wonder which image generating AI program produced them? (There are quite a few).

It's hard to say, a lot of them will produce similar results if given similar inputs. Here's a run I did in Craiyon (link) for example. In a couple of images I even got the pseudotext.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8c0fa235fa204e6cc55de996e8cb1b11.PNGdownload.thumb.png.711a446a8afba4a0ea9008dd1092aec2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Early 1900 cameras and lens can't produce plates or prints like those shown. The "color" contrasts doesn't look right either for the time period.

~

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2022 at 5:49 AM, Alchopwn said:

Here's a bit extra:

https://observers.france24.com/en/americas/20230104-antarctica-lost-civilisation-debunked-pyramids-byrd

The AI program is Dall-E

• Thanks 4