Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro Choice group threatens to shoot up Newman Center and local church leaders in Nebraska

OverSword

Authorities in Omaha, Nebraska, are investigating two threatening letters allegedly tied to radical pro-abortion group Jane’s Revenge that were sent to a Catholic-affiliated center and a local Christian church. 

"If our right to abortion in Bellevue is taken away due to the attempt to pass an abortion ban and its gets passed we will shoot up your Newman Center with our new AR-14 rifles. Sincerely, Jane’s Revenge," a note found outside the John Paul II Newman Center near the University of Nebraska-Omaha's Scott Campus allegedly reads. 

Students for Life president Kristan Hawkins posted a photo of the note to Twitter on Saturday, saying "Jane’s Revenge threatens to shoot pro-lifers." Members of Students for Life were meeting at the Catholic-affiliated center on Saturday "to strategize about how to use @studentsforlife’s Campaign for Abortion Free Cities to shut down the late-term abortion facility in the state," according to a Twitter thread by Hawkins. 

The note was reported to authorities and the University of Nebraska at Omaha Public Safety’s office posted on social media that it was "alerted to a threat of violence against the John Paul II Newman Center" and called on the public to come forward with any tips on the case.

Link

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

AR-14 rifles

:rolleyes:

So they don't even know the model designation........or they're using the smaller version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Violence is not the answer 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

:rolleyes:

So they don't even know the model designation........or they're using the smaller version.

The AR-14's were never put into production but were designed by ArmaLite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Violence is not the answer 

I would be surprised if this isn't the work of one slightly unbalanced person rather than an organization.  Hopefully they round this person up before they do something dumber than leaving notes or spraypainting threats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I would be surprised if this isn't the work of one slightly unbalanced person rather than an organization.  Hopefully they round this person up before they do something dumber than leaving notes or spraypainting threats.

An unhinged person. Or I also have the thought it could be staged. You never really know anymore.

Regardless, I hope nonething violent comes of it 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

They've never been able to identify it's members so it probably is one schmuck.

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The AR-14's were never put into production but were designed by ArmaLite

I know. 

Isn't this the same label used by those who burned several pregnancy centers during the early days of the Roe V Wade SCOTUS chaos?