Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Organization found guilty of tax crimes

Eldorado

Well… I’m shocked. 
No. 
Wait. 
The opposite of shocked. 
I’m insulated by this news.

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Guilty on all accounts. Damn. 

So much for the accusation that this was only "political motivated." 

Crimes were committed.

You are surprised?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

"They said it ran a scheme that allowed some executives to "understate their compensation" so that their taxes "were significantly less than the amounts that should have been paid"."

So what penalties do these executives get?   1.6 million fine is not enough.   The actual humans involved need to be held accountable.

There is also a seperate $250 million lawsuit going on for related tax offences that this ruling might influence.  That's not due till October of next year: Judge sets October 2023 trial for New York attorney general's $250 million lawsuit against Trump | CNN Politics

Edit to add: Most of these corporation are structured so that the people involved have no liability.  The company commits the crime- not them.  Even if they personally sign the checks.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Gee... I wonder if Trump will withdraw?  :w00t:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, and-then said:

He won't. He needs the pardon power or at the very least get someone to pardon him.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

"I am shocked! Shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"

Edited by Portre
The view expressed here does not necessary represent my view

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

neither Mr Trump or his family members were on trial.

Just highlighting for effect :yes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

someone other than Donald, himself, should sue the judge, jury and prosecution for violating the human rights of an artificial entity.

According to Mitt Romney, "Corporations are people." at least when it comes to political donations.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

According to Mitt Romney, "Corporations are people." at least when it comes to political donations.

Another reason we need to limit the amounts "people" can donate to political campaigns.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, and-then said:

I really don't think so.  It is not going to change many opinions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Edit to add: Most of these corporation are structured so that the people involved have no liability.  The company commits the crime- not them.  Even if they personally sign the checks.

But the tax fraud was actually done by the executives with the aid of the corporation or company.  The executives committed tax fraud.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

No, no.  According to the Supreme Court :yes: 

That settles it, time to abolish the white supremist constitution. :devil:

50 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

But the tax fraud was actually done by the executives with the aid of the corporation or company.  The executives committed tax fraud.

I agree, but corporate law limits the personal responsibility in many cases to the company. For example, someone is a builder. They put some substandard pieces into the house they build. You can sue the company owned by the builder, but the buiilder himself and his family are usually protected from the lawsuits. Some states prevent lawsuits extending to seizing assets like personal homes. Think Enron.

I'm sure that if the law could pierce the corporate veil they would.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piercing_the_corporate_veil

Usually a corporation is treated as a separate legal person

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

He won't. He needs the pardon power or at the very least get someone to pardon him.  

Yeah.  I hear "the walls are closing in" :w00t:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, and-then said:

I heard "it's the beginning of the end" :w00t:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, he will run on his own ticket in his head and claim he won, in the nursing home the family puts him where the decor will be "white house" and they will call him Mr. President to keep him pacified and quiet.   The internet will be a local server with fake twitter and fake websites that praise him.

Have you ever asked yourself, IF he's that pathetic and poses no threat... WHY all the efforts - some openly admitted - to keep him from running?  I mean, why spend the effort and money?  It isn't apt to change his supporter's minds and it CANNOT disqualify him.  So... why?  I see a different reality and I think those on both sides ignore it at the risk of the nation.  I believe they are panicked at high levels because they understand that he not only isn't a joke, he COULD win again or at least cause them to have to cheat so blatantly that the people simply revolt, like what is going on in Brazil.

No... no matter what average non-Trump voters may think, the people at the top of the Democrat Party - AND their globalist paymasters - are going to show themselves to be increasingly hysterical as the months go by.  This isn't just hatred of him.  This is because they understand their global plans depend on taking America down and the damage they have already set in motion cannot be stopped or even slowed.  That matters because over the coming 23 months, Americans are going to see no improvements in their lot in life.  Things are going down from here and having Trump be a rallying point against them is not something they can allow.  NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES.  They'd literally rather see the nation plunged into chaos, including widespread violence, rather than have him in that office again.  

I think I'll make a record of this post and date so I can bring it up every time a new Leftist outrage is felt in America.  :yes:  And BTW, feel free to insert whatever label that doesn't cause you stress.  Believe it or not, I don't use "Left" to annoy anyone.  When I use it it is synonymous with Progressive, Democrat, Globalist, Far Left.  There are a few others but I don't want to cause Saru or the mods a headache ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Oh, I wouldn't use that phrasing.  The walls of his empire are certainly crumbling, though.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Have you ever asked yourself, IF he's that pathetic and poses no threat... WHY all the efforts - some openly admitted - to keep him from running?  I mean, why spend the effort and money?  It isn't apt to change his supporter's minds and it CANNOT disqualify him.  So... why?  I see a different reality and I think those on both sides ignore it at the risk of the nation.  I believe they are panicked at high levels because they understand that he not only isn't a joke, he COULD win again or at least cause them to have to cheat so blatantly that the people simply revolt, like what is going on in Brazil.

No... no matter what average non-Trump voters may think, the people at the top of the Democrat Party - AND their globalist paymasters - are going to show themselves to be increasingly hysterical as the months go by.  This isn't just hatred of him.  This is because they understand their global plans depend on taking America down and the damage they have already set in motion cannot be stopped or even slowed.  That matters because over the coming 23 months, Americans are going to see no improvements in their lot in life.  Things are going down from here and having Trump be a rallying point against them is not something they can allow.  NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES.  They'd literally rather see the nation plunged into chaos, including widespread violence, rather than have him in that office again.  

I think I'll make a record of this post and date so I can bring it up every time a new Leftist outrage is felt in America.  :yes:  And BTW, feel free to insert whatever label that doesn't cause you stress.  Believe it or not, I don't use "Left" to annoy anyone.  When I use it it is synonymous with Progressive, Democrat, Globalist, Far Left.  There are a few others but I don't want to cause Saru or the mods a headache ;) 

Why do you think America is going downhill?  Things haven't been bad in my life.  Heck, I just got back from a vacation in Florida with a cruise, my one Aunt went to Mexico, my uncle went to Ohio, the guys at work are still working overtime and one even bought a $30,000 off road four wheeler.  I shifted my retirement funds around a bit to account for the current market, but my retirement is still going up.  I've just landed another project at work which had me worrying that we would be overloaded next March, but the scheduled outage at the powerplant that was going to tie up my crew got moved back to next fall.  The kid is doing good in school and even taking violin lessons.  The only news on TV is the locals crying about how the Democrats are moving their first in the nation primary to North Carolina, but I get it.  We are an aging, 90% white, predominately Republican state and they have nothing really representing them here.  I will admit that I will miss the tens of millions that the status brought to the state as well the opportunity of having a future president serve me a pork chop at the state fair.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, and-then said:

I believe they are panicked at high levels because they understand that he not only isn't a joke, he COULD win again or at least cause them to have to cheat so blatantly that the people simply revolt, like what is going on in Brazil

Here you go again with the cheating.  You penned a goodbye letter because THE KRAKEN could provide no evidence of cheating.  Then you came back anyway, and still talk of cheating.  You're a pathetic old man.  In your short lifetime you have left, you will never see any evidence of cheating.  You should really focus on being a decent human being, especially if you're a religious man...because this schtick is getting old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

I heard "it's the beginning of the end" :w00t:

But Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

• Haha 1