Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AP declares Warnock over Walker in Georgia runoff

Likely Guy

CNN has Warnock at 50.7% and Walker at 49.3%. There's about 60,000 votes separating them. Walker is expected to speak soon and concede the election.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Republicans lost?  Must be fraud.  

Oh, by the way, Spike Lee was talking at Warnock's rally earlier and referred to Trump as "Agent Orange". :whistle:

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh, by the way, Spike Lee was talking at Warnock's rally earlier and referred to Trump as "Agent Orange". :whistle:

I KNEW IT!!

• Haha 5

I listened to Herschel Walker's concession speech. It was the most coherent and heartfelt of anything I have heard him say.  

It must have given the Republicans both a disappoint and a shiver of relief.  Why, because they thought he would be easy to manipulate?  No.  Because in his speech he talked about unity, patriotism, honoring elections, voting in every election, trust for our fellow citizens, honor for the Constitution and so on.  He just separated himself from Trump. It was the most unifying,  presidential and patriotic speech I have heard anyone make this season. He shaded Ye and Trump into invisibility. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

….. He shaded Ye and Trump into invisibility. 

I heard it. He can speak way better than the liberal media portrayed, but Obama made Walker a laughing stock, with that vampires and werewolf skit.

I agree, Walker made his own way tonight.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, susieice said:

CNN has Warnock at 50.7% and Walker at 49.3%. There's about 60,000 votes separating them. Walker is expected to speak soon and concede the election.

Ended up with just under a 3% difference, Warnock pulled 95,451 more votes

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Katniss said:

:o Warnock won? Oh Noes! You all know what that means.

Butthurt incoming.jpeg

I'm looking forward to the inevitable rant about the US having an imminent civil war. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So a bar I used to play music at (in?  Whatever, it's early) hosted a couple Walker rallies and I dipped into one out of curiosity.  Didn't see any cameras so I don't think anything was filmed, but I could be wrong.  The man didn't utter a single complete coherent thought the entire time.  Ran down an entire list of complaints but offered no suggestion or ideas on how to fix any of them.  Honestly, it was kinda sad.  It was clear that Walker wasn't intelligent enough to be used as anything more than a puppet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I heard it. He can speak way better than the liberal media portrayed, but Obama made Walker a laughing stock

ON this we disagree.  Some of his earlier speeches were total nonsense.  Trying to please Trump and MAGA made him a laughingstock, and seemingly he made more principles than his handlers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I almost opened a new thread but this fits here more appropriately:

This guy is very conservative and can be a bit of a blowhard at times but on THIS issue, he's totally on-point.  It's well worth a listen.

The video outlines the growing support around the country for secession of mostly rural, mostly conservative counties from the major urban areas that exert such massive influence in every election.  You should note that no one is talking about armed conflict or any kind of kinetic uprising.  What is at play is a growing anger that tiny areas within multiple states exert total control over the rest of the state whether the residents agree or not.  This is essentially the same argument made - in reverse - by the Democrats regarding the electoral college.

A couple of examples would be Portland's Multnomah county and Georgia's Fulton County.  Looking at the electoral map, those two counties basically ensure that what is an overwhelmingly Red State, is ruled over and must obey the ideology of a dense blue region that is totally out of touch with the rest of the state.  There are nuances to the idea of secession these days and it need not involve any kind of chaos or conflict.  Both politically predominated areas can coexist as separate but equal.  They can pay the same taxes though new arrangements might be necessary for how they're distributed.  The MAJOR difference will be the laws and school systems.  

This may be the last peaceful solution of our stark differences.  I hope the idea is given some serious consideration.

• Haha 3

Did anyone else notice the double "Walking Dead" connection? His name being Walker, which zombies are called in the g-novel/show, and Herschel being a character :lol:

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, and-then said:

This guy is very conservative and can be a bit of a blowhard at times but on THIS issue, he's totally on-point.  It's well worth a listen.

The video outlines the growing support around the country for secession of mostly rural, mostly conservative counties from the major urban areas that exert such massive influence in every election.  You should note that no one is talking about armed conflict or any kind of kinetic uprising.  What is at play is a growing anger that tiny areas within multiple states exert total control over the rest of the state whether the residents agree or not.  This is essentially the same argument made - in reverse - by the Democrats regarding the electoral college.

A couple of examples would be Portland's Multnomah county and Georgia's Fulton County.  Looking at the electoral map, those two counties basically ensure that what is an overwhelmingly Red State, is ruled over and must obey the ideology of a dense blue region that is totally out of touch with the rest of the state.  There are nuances to the idea of secession these days and it need not involve any kind of chaos or conflict.  Both politically predominated areas can coexist as separate but equal.  They can pay the same taxes though new arrangements might be necessary for how they're distributed.  The MAJOR difference will be the laws and school systems.  

This may be the last peaceful solution of our stark differences.  I hope the idea is given some serious consideration.

Well ya know, that's kinda one of the things you deal with when you live in small communities out in the boonies.   Otherwise, Georgia would have ended up with a borderline retarded Senator.   The cons already pull that bull**** in the POTUS elections (considering they haven't won a popular vote in several elections that they've managed to win via the EC), but it doesn't need to happen for Congress.  If the people in that state who disagree have that much of an issue with it, they can pack up and move to a state that votes heavily in their favor.   

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HSlim said:

Well ya know, that's kinda one of the things you deal with when you live in small communities out in the boonies.

Yes, but the good folks in a major part of the state of Oregon are thinking seriously about CHANGING that.  That's the point of my post.  It's apt to start a trend and if it does, the distrust that has been created in 2020 and 2022 in AZ, might well cause some serious attempts to basically nullify any election that is seen as illegitimate due to a predominate belief in fraud.

Perfect example is playing out right now in AZ.  Kari Lake is in full legal contest mode and a very large number of Arizonans are beginning to organize a campaign to initiate a Recall of Hobbs as soon as she has been in office 6 months as prescribed by law.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IHfAU4EI4Q

:D:yes:

38 minutes ago, and-then said:

Yes, but the good folks in a major part of the state of Oregon are thinking seriously about CHANGING that.  That's the point of my post.  It's apt to start a trend and if it does, the distrust that has been created in 2020 and 2022 in AZ, might well cause some serious attempts to basically nullify any election that is seen as illegitimate due to a predominate belief in fraud.

Perfect example is playing out right now in AZ.  Kari Lake is in full legal contest mode and a very large number of Arizonans are beginning to organize a campaign to initiate a Recall of Hobbs as soon as she has been in office 6 months as prescribed by law.  

The problem is your use of the word "belief"  and to a lesser degree "predominate" .

It really doesnt matter how many people believe bigfoot is real it takes evidence to prove such a claim same with election fraud.

It would be fine if your team always wins but trump showed that not the case he used $$$ folks like yourself sent him to get a crack top notch team yet they failed to prove anything you likely still believe trump was the victim of fraud but without supporting proof you will get about the same result you would claiming bigfoot is real with no proof of that claim.

Also that door would swing against you when the other team brays they were cheated, no the bottom line is a claim has to be proven no blaming others that you cant or some omni powerful force prevents you its the person making the claims burden.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, and-then said:

So in other words, when you don't get your way you scream fraud, take your ball and go home?

• Like 4

I'd like to have had Walker win, but Warnock isn't so bad. He's one if the few Dem Senators who seriously tried bipartisanship in this last year.

Way too many Representatives,and Senators, are benchwarming yes-men, with zero opinions of their own.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:13 PM, and-then said:

Honestly just sounds like a lot of babies who can't accept living in a democracy.

Part of living in a democracy is accepting that with certain issues the majority of people may disagree with you. If you don't like that than you try to change enough minds to get the votes.

What are you going to do when after a couple decades your new smaller territory now has similar division and youre the minority again? Just keep doing secession until you get into smaller and smaller chunks of land :P.

Maybe just build a commune and make some kind of closed off Amish style society or something haha

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Honestly just sounds like a lot of babies who can't accept living in a democracy.

Part of living in a democracy is accepting that with certain issues the majority of people may disagree with you. If you don't like that than you try to change enough minds to get the votes.

What are you going to do when after a couple decades your new smaller territory now has similar division and youre the minority again? Just keep doing secession until you get into smaller and smaller chunks of land :P.

Maybe just build a commune and make some kind of closed off Amish style society or something haha

Except that American history is an example of “the loud minority of people bringing about change”, and often that loud minority is in the right. 
A loud minority seceded from the Empire. 
A loud minority seceded from the union (see, not always right). 
A loud minority ended slavery in America. 
A loud minority ended segregation. 
A loud minority ended conscription. 
A loud minority brought about equal rights for women. 

You can see why someone might think that their loud minority is in the position of rightness in the face of history given that record. 

40 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Except that American history is an example of “the loud minority of people bringing about change”, and often that loud minority is in the right. 
A loud minority seceded from the Empire. 
A loud minority seceded from the union (see, not always right). 
A loud minority ended slavery in America. 
A loud minority ended segregation. 
A loud minority ended conscription. 
A loud minority brought about equal rights for women. 

You can see why someone might think that their loud minority is in the position of rightness in the face of history given that record. 

No taxation without representation. I don't think you could compare colonial england to modern america. 

As for civil rights. Youre just supporting what I said. In democracy you can make change by getting the votes. Civil rights got the vote to make amendment changes. Activism went from minority to majority through changing minds and getting votes. Not through secession.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

No taxation without representation. I don't think you could compare colonial england to modern america. 

yea, the Empire was honest that it didn’t care about the people it was just there to make money for those in power.

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

As for civil rights. Youre just supporting what I said. In democracy you can make change by getting the votes. Civil rights got the vote to make amendment changes. Activism went from minority to majority through changing minds and getting votes. Not through secession.

And where is the current “Loud Minority”? Activism. 

35 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

yea, the Empire was honest that it didn’t care about the people it was just there to make money for those in power.

And where is the current “Loud Minority”? Activism. 

I'm not sure if we are on the same page. You responded to me replying to And Thens post about secession. Secession isnt activism. That's running away. 

Activism to try and earn votes is the thing to do in a democracy when your views are in the minority. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5