Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sometimes vigilantes are a good thing...

Mad Manfred

if a cat is a pest, kill it just like you would kill a mouse or any other rodent. roaches are nasty to most of us, so we kill them. sometimes cats are a problem, so it should be ok to kill them right?

if you want to keep a cat, then keep it. if you want to kill one that is a pest, then kill it. who cares...? it is just a cat.

i for one would not keep a cat as a pet, and i would not really want to kill one, but if a wild cat kept tearing up my property, bye bye kitty

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• jack0fhearts

• warden

• Talon

if a cat is a pest, kill it just like you would kill a mouse or any other rodent.  roaches are nasty to most of us, so we kill them.  sometimes cats are a problem, so it should be ok to kill them right?

if you want to keep a cat, then keep it.  if you want to kill one that is a pest, then kill it.  who cares...?  it is just a cat.

i for one would not keep a cat as a pet, and i would not really want to kill one, but if a wild cat kept tearing up my property, bye bye kitty

534933[/snapback]

I think half the members on this site are cat lover`s

you could be next for red ears tongue.gif

MS. SERAPHINA.

I have by now noticed that your grounds of argument are solely based on responding to the crime in the most efficient and cost-effectiver manner, yet however I feel you have bypassed the assessment of what crime is defined as, and which criterias crime should be punished at of differing levels.

Your vision lies in procedure and correspondence towards the violation of laws, and that the sentences should be at the most direst.

However, Seraphina - there is fault in following this mutually exclusively disregarding a person's circumstance, and of its extent of severity.

If you looked at crime in all its forms, you will find that there is an alternative cost - the path that would have unfolded should the crime had not occured - murder [Potential of the deceased to have financial gain, progress in life, and of the opportunity to generate offspring] - to that is the penance a criminal has been assessed to have been expected to compensate for in the best of their ability as determined by the court. And of the severest sentence should a death-penalty should be administered.

Though taking into consideration the alternative cost of a cat, you will find there is likely not be any productive or gain from its existence.

People display symptoms to indicate what level of health or mental status they're at, eg a child shoplifts to signal possibly because of emptiness, or of various reasons - I do not know.

This is a 17 year old kid who is likewise emitting a signal of what mental status he's currently on.

Had the alternative cost of this burnt cat been able to form a significant difference had it not been a victim? Or is its significant difference to be able for people to understand this certain 17 year old's situation as to how he should be supported?

What's at stake here, a country who serves cat as a meal fall short of a supply of one cat, or is what's at stake here the potential of a young 17 year old who is capable to take on the opposite of crime and make a difference?

Vice-versa. You would have been able to tell by now that I am a candidate for laws when it comes to criminals, should they qualify for unchangeable criminals.

Kerkido, please don't make assumptions, it makes me waste my time having to correct them...nowhere did I state that I would send everyone to the chair, or the noose, regardless of what they did...nor did I say that I would "diregard" the circumstances behind their crime.

If you had been here any significant length of time you would understand that I take a very simple attitude to prison...a person should go there if they are a threat to society. That's what it's there for...I don't veiw is as a means of rehabilitation, but simply to keep undesirables out.

I do not consider, for example, a person who...oh...let's say someone who walks around town after dark killing people who mug him as a threat to society...in fact, I'd consider him a hero tongue.gif My routine cleansing of the prison population would be reserved for those who threaten society...there's a difference between a crime of passion, and one commited in cold blood.

What's at stake here, a country who serves cat as a meal fall short of a supply of one cat, or is what's at stake here the potential of a young 17 year old who is capable to take on the opposite of crime and make a difference?

As I've explained to you already, anyone exhibiting this kind of behaviour so far towards their adult life has made it fairly obvious they have psychotic tendancies...they're not able to "make a difference". All we end up with is a human time bomb walking the streets.

they are able to make a difference, at least I believe this kid has a chance to have a positive future... putting him in jail or something will just about ensure criminal behavior in the future with all that can be learned from those guys.

I should do a count some day on how many ticking "time bombs" are out there... if I saw as many as some people say it might make me... phobic...

Controlled vigilantism would help as it could do in days more than the courts do in decades.

527638[/snapback]

Who controlls the group some one has to be in charge ,a leader type figure

Talon.s i dont put my vote in for you,there would be no one left in the world bar you and you know who tongue.gif

Who controlls the group some one has to be in charge ,a leader type figure

I think what Talon means is that, were a vigillante to start wandering around the city killing criminals, Talon would simply stay out of his way...he'd take precautions to make sure that the guy didn't start striking cizilians (that's the controlled part), but there's no reason to stop him killing scum.

at least I believe this kid has a chance to have a positive future... putting him in jail or something will just about ensure criminal behavior in the future with all that can be learned from those guys.

So let me get this straight...now you're proposing he shouldn't even have been punnished for what he did? Oh yes, of course, that'll change him tongue.gif Show the little cretin that he can get away with doing exactly whatever he wants...yeah tongue.gif

I don't think I proposed anything... scroll up... I said he should pay his concequences... sokay you miss that though... I still like to read what you say. Very educational.

I guess if I were to propose something it'd probably a fine, community service, something along those lines... not thrown in a crowded jail to suffocate or get hung with the govt. provided rope or learn the criminal trade silly. 101 ways to skin a cat.

It is a catch 22 though...send them to jail for a minor offence for a year. They meet more criminals and drug dealers higher up the food chain, so to speak, and learn how to commit more serious crimes. They come out thinking they have all the answers (not realizing they got this advice from someone in jail huh.gif ) and that they won't be caught the next time. They get into something more dangerous because of the higher profit margin and so on, and so on...

It's sad but true, no.gif for I have seen it up close and personal.

I guess if I were to propose something it'd probably a fine, community service, something along those lines

Which is hardly what I'd call punnishment...such pathetic slaps on the wrists is exactly what is sending the message to people like this that they can do whatever they want, and not suffer any consequences for it.

It is a catch 22 though...send them to jail for a minor offence for a year. They meet more criminals and drug dealers higher up the food chain, so to speak, and learn how to commit more serious crimes.

Ah, but you havn't seen my jails though wink2.gif

Edited by Seraphina

if a cat is a pest, kill it just like you would kill a mouse or any other rodent. roaches are nasty to most of us, so we kill them. sometimes cats are a problem, so it should be ok to kill them right?

if you want to keep a cat, then keep it. if you want to kill one that is a pest, then kill it. who cares...? it is just a cat.

You are sick in the head.

Talon.s i dont put my vote in for you,there would be no one left in the world bar you and you know who 

Trust me Warden, I not looking for the vote from your element laugh.gif

You are sick in the head.

Yes...I chose just to ignore that post altogether...to have that attutude towards a domesticated animal, a creature that loves and trusts people...that's just...I don't really have words to describe what I think of that.

I agree Sera and Talon...it makes me sick to think that my husband is going to have to kill a feral cat that is terrorizing our cat and destroying the duct work under our house. I've tried for a year to catch it in a have a heart trap. We got it once and it got out of the cage and they will never go in it again after that. no.gif

The thing is though...and what makes this man's behaviour so utterly sickening...is that we're not talking about a feral cat that was bothering his pets or his home...we're talking about a several month old kitten, that he decided to set fire to.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of the threatening "pest" that he decided to torture and murder.

user posted image

Now, please, explain to me how any person who could set such a creature on fire can possibly be described as human?

It was indeed a sickening and cowardly act and I would punish him severely... disgust.gif

It was indeed a sickening and cowardly act and I would punish him severely... disgust.gif

536779[/snapback]

yes Michelle but would you kill a human for killing an animal

If so in my eyes you are the animal

Okay Warden, since the value of non-human life means so little to you, would you feel better about punishing him for the fact that almost all the infamous serial murders started out torturing animals, and we're just getting rid of him before he moves to that level.

And btw, humans ARE animals.

yes Michelle but would you kill a human for killing an animal

Warden, we are not talking about "a human killing an animal". We are talking about a person setting fire to, and deliberately torturing and killing, an animal...a domesticated animal no less.

I would most certainly want to rid society of such a beast. To do otherwise is simply to sit on your hands and wait for them to make the migration from hurting cats and dogs for their amusement, to hurting people.

Okay Warden, since the value of non-human life means so little to you, would you feel better about punishing him for the fact that almost all the infamous serial murders started out torturing animals, and we're just getting rid of him before he moves to that level.

And btw, humans ARE animals.

536805[/snapback]

For your info ,does that mean you tar every body with the same brush

.... are you even switching your brain on before you post? I'm not painting all humans with the same brush, I'm painting a very real picture about this specific peice of **** in question.

Edited by Talon S.

.... are you even switching your brain on before you post? I'm not painting all humans with the same brush, I'm painting a very real picture about this specific peice of **** in question.

536814[/snapback]

You dont have to use language like that just to get your point across

you are painting your glossy picture you hope we see and like and if we dont we know what is comming next

Okay Warden, in the interest of Talon keeping his temper, I think I'll deal with you instead tongue.gif

What, exactly, is this glossy picture you think he's painting?

Okay Warden, in the interest of Talon keeping his temper, I think I'll deal with you instead tongue.gif

What, exactly, is this glossy picture you think he's painting?

536820[/snapback]

And exactly HOW are you going to deal with me ,you dont deal with another human you debate with them

I thought the mods had explained that

Warden, I will debate with you when there is something to debate...there is absolutely nothing to debate here. There is simply a point that you clearly need educated on...now, kindly answer the question I posed to you tongue.gif It would be greatly appreciated.

When i give you an answer that you dont like or understand you change it around or involve other people into it ,why? no.gif