Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sometimes vigilantes are a good thing...

Mad Manfred

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• jack0fhearts

• warden

• Talon

Warden, your last post involved mentionign a "debate"...and yet it is you who are twisting and turning in an attempt to avoid answering my question huh.gif As you obviously don't understand your own point enough to explain it, allow me to further elaborate on the points made earlier in this thread.

First, let us all understand that a seventeen year old has an adult level of understanding when it comes to right and wrong. I shall assume that we all accept this...if you don't, stop posting, as if this concept is too advanced for you, then you're not going to understand the others.

Next, let us understand that no person with an adult level of understanding right and wrong believes it is acceptable to set a kitten on fire...brutally torturing a living creature is simply not inkeeping with standard human behaviour. Such a person is displaying psychotic tendancies. While we are on this subject, allow me to underline the point Talon made: many of the world's most infamous and brutal murderers spent their teenage years torturing animals.

Next, let us understand that a person who displays psychotic tendancies does not function in the same way as a normal human being. Their actions are not ruled by the same morale inhibitions that govern most of us...they, literally, have no empathy for other living creatures, be they cats, dogs, or people.

Any person who is willing to set a kitten on fire, is a very small step away from moving on to human targets...that is not a supposition, it's a fact. Now, I shall hear any rebutals you my have...if indeed you do.

adult understanding of right and wrong doesn't preclude idiocy

I knew someone that spilled gas on his leg. I had a friend that had this moment of brilliance where he decided to throw a lit match on this guys leg. Watching it was hilarious, we were maybe 15-17 years old. No permanant damage, he didn't have leg hair for a little while. The guy that lit the leg got this wet towel and was hitting him over the head because of the way the guy was moving instead of the burning leg...

he ran to his garage screaming "my trousers are on fire!" and then "I got my trousers caught in the garage door!"... he said it geh-reg door...

anyway... idiots. malicious? no. stupid. Yes. Criminal? possibly. intentionally criminal? no. could he have died? yes.

what's the point? Not everyone who does idiotic things turns out to be a mass murderer. I'll bet that some of them didn't... but dunno...

I submit the guy wasn't thinking much at all when he did it... and now, he probably will. Maturity has less to do with age. A 9 yr. old might not do this where a 45 yr. old might that has never touched a cat... you'd think the way some throw the word "maturity" around they'd know what it means.

Now when the technology comes out to know a person's thoughts and tendencies, will we be killing them if they have the aptitude for these acts? Deprive them of the chance for life because they *might* do something horrible?

Celumaze, you're comparrison isn't especially telling...certainly, you're right, people can do stupid things...however, the example you cite isn't really at all similar to this one except on the most basic of surface levels.

Yours seems to involve two people teaming up to perform a crazy stunt...the other involves a person setting out to torture and kill an innocent creautre that could not possibly have done him any harm.

my comparison is the curcumstance helped bring out the idiot...

so that guy was actively out kitten hunting with the intent to do what he did? I'm thinking he was walking by and got this idiotic urge to do something idiotic the same way an immature 10 year old would stuff a firecracker up its butt or shoot chicks out of a tree with a slingshot. idiots not thinking. like most liberal policies.

The point is he isn't 10

And can you go more than two posts without somehow bringing your hatred of liberals into this?

idiots not thinking. like most liberal policies.

Celumaz, every single arguement you make ends up turning into some attempt at blaming "the liberals" for everything. It makes me wonder if you're actually capable of objective thought huh.gif

ok sorry I'll try not to do it on every other post

I know he's not 10, and neither were we when that happened... and neither are those what... 30 year olds? that made that catapult and decided to ride it and wound up with broken bones... or many of the Darwin award recipients.

Again, idiots who load themselves into catapults are not brutally torturing a living creature for their sick amusement. I say again...if you can find a better example, I'll listen to it...otherwise, I think you'll just have to accept my arguement that this person has demonstrated psychotic tendancies.

hmm....I am forced to wonder exactly what else can be done with him...as I say, on the streets, he's nothing short of a time bomb.

how about trust that like most people do, he's learned his lesson and try not to be so paranoid?

how about trust that like most people do, he's learned his lesson and try not to be so paranoid?

As I've already explained to you, his bahaviour indicates psychotic tendancies. He is incapable of learning and reasoning in the same way a normal person is. He doesn't feel empathy for other living creatures. The only thing that might have happened is he was irritated enough by the fuss caused that he'll go a few months or maybe a year before he kills something, or someone, else.

or... he'll have learned his lesson and grown up. I like how you can diagnose him without even meeting him... and without a degree... pretty cool. paranoia.

Celumaz, show some maturity, or don't post at all. Now, this "diagnosis" as you put it is not simply a supposition that I've made up...it's perfectly logical based on his behaviour, especially when considering that many infamous murderers and other criminals start out by exhibiting the exact same trend: cruelty to animals.

Cant i go out without getting hounded,i was only away tending a break up from my best two friends .at least give me two seconds

Warden, the post will still be there to address whatever you have to say when the soap opera is over. I wouldn't get too concerned about it...I'll listen to what you have to say when you're done....just make sure you don't try and ignore the points I made, eh? tongue.gif

If the points you have made were valid ,then why only the two of you are answering the same strange similar point as you wacko.gif

Warden, two things...

1) I asked you not to avoid the issues I raised...that is exactly what you just did.

2) What did you say anyway? huh.gif The latter half of that sentance is almost incomprehensible huh.gif

Warden, two things...

1) I asked you not to avoid the issues I raised...that is exactly what you just did.

2) What did you say anyway? huh.gif The latter half of that sentance is almost incomprehensible huh.gif

537241[/snapback]

Well if you had half a brain as you think you have ,you would under stand exactly what i was and still am saying,your views are your views and not many peoples views,and if so why? oh why? are there not very mutch people sticking up for you when you say I am the minority

Wow, it's not just you Sera, i can't understand a word he's saying. blink.gif

Of course Warden, if you had half a brain maybe you could have made a sentence that made your point, rather then one someone had to decipher wink2.gif lol

Warden, I have yet to say you are in the minority huh.gif I have instead stated my veiws on the cretin mentioned in the article in this post, and my reasons for why I believe he should be dealt with huh.gif

Wow, it's not just you Sera, i can't understand a word he's saying

The current theory I'm working with is that Mr Warden has realised he has bitten off more than he can chew, and has stepped into an arguement far above his level. Unable to reply intelligently, he has instead become flustered and angry, thus the poor spelling and wording of his above posts tongue.gif

So determined is he to avoid addressing my arguement that he is actually not only bringing up things completely unrelated to this topic, but actually making them up altogether huh.gif The claim that I have accused him, or anyone else for that matter, to be "in the minority" for example.