Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Londoner gets first double lung transplant due to Covid complications

Still Waters

A London man has become the first person in the UK to receive a double lung transplant following Covid complications.

Cesar Franco, 50, from Streatham in south London, caught Covid just before Christmas last year.

Mr Franco said he was previously fit and healthy, but within days he had to be placed on a ventilator and life support machine at St Thomas' Hospital.

His operation was successful and he is now recuperating at home.

Mr Franco, who was not vaccinated when he caught Covid, said: "Before I knew, things started to get worse to the point where I just couldn't breathe normally."

He was admitted to hospital and developed inflammation and scarring of the lung tissue called fibrosis, which meant he was unable to breathe on his own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63886749

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The dangers of COVID-19 to the lungs, heart, vascular system, liver, kidneys, and intestines to name some of the organs damaged has been well known since the start of the pandemic.

Despite the repeated statements of the dangers of COVID-19 people still want to pretend you might get ill but you fully recover unless you die.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, stereologist said:

The dangers of COVID-19 to the lungs, heart, vascular system, liver, kidneys, and intestines to name some of the organs damaged has been well known since the start of the pandemic.

Despite the repeated statements of the dangers of COVID-19 people still want to pretend you might get ill but you fully recover unless you die.

What really sucks out loud to me is these covid deniers mostly all do so due to poltical reasons / blind ignorance and even odder to me the ones here arent even America citizens yet are that deeply influenced by a terrible life costing failure we had as the 2016 potus and his worshippers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:56 PM, the13bats said:

What really sucks out loud to me is these covid deniers mostly all do so due to poltical reasons / blind ignorance and even odder to me the ones here arent even America citizens yet are that deeply influenced by a terrible life costing failure we had as the 2016 potus and his worshippers.

As we those that enjoy the deaths of people laugh at your post.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2022 at 8:49 AM, stereologist said:

Like i said that troll is on ignore there are very few folks in this world who i gauge as being completly worthless human beings he is one, and i hope he laughs at this reply to further prove i am correct about him.

On 12/10/2022 at 5:49 AM, stereologist said:

Im laughing at him for bringing Donald Trump into, yet again, another thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the former POTUS. Trump lives in his head. 

Hahaha 

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Im laughing at him for bringing Donald Trump into, yet again, another thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the former POTUS. Trump lives in his head. 

Hahaha 

I know. Why bring up that loser Trump? No need to introduce a criminal like Trump into a thread these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Like i said that troll is on ignore there are very few folks in this world who i gauge as being completly worthless human beings he is one, and i hope he laughs at this reply to further prove i am correct about him.

There are those that admire how Trump chose to kill people to continue to line his pockets with money. Looks like that thug Trump is going to be in legal trouble - personal legal trouble.

I hope this person lives and lives a good life after getting his transplant.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There are those that admire how Trump chose to kill people to continue to line his pockets with money. Looks like that thug Trump is going to be in legal trouble - personal legal trouble.

I hope this person lives and lives a good life after getting his transplant.

Just curious... 

How did Donald Trump choose to kill people?

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just curious... 

How did Donald Trump choose to kill people?

I don't need to tell you. I've read your posts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's wonderful how the neo-Nazis love their despicable Trump fuhrer.You can see their venomous hatred of their fellow man in each of their evil posts.

• Thanks 1

I notice how they pumped out the propaganda about vaccinations.

While keeping it quite that cows cannot contract Covid-19, and that their anti-bodies are passed on in cows milk. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I notice how they pumped out the propaganda about vaccinations.

While keeping it quite that cows cannot contract Covid-19, and that their anti-bodies are passed on in cows milk. 

If you can't get a disease then you don't produce antibodies for it.

Cattle can get COVID-19, but it's rare.

• Like 2