Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Musk’s Neuralink ‘killed 1,500 animals’ for brain chip research, report claims

Eldorado

Elon Musk’s brain chip startup Neuralink is reportedly under federal investigation for potential animal welfare violations.

The medical implant firm recently demonstrated a monkey fitted with a device that allowed it to “telepathically” communicate and move a cursor across a virtual keyboard.

At Neuralink’s Show and Tell Fall 2022 event last week, Mr Musk claimed that the animals “actually enjoy” doing the demos. They get the banana smoothies, so it’s kind of a fun game,” he said. “I guess the point I’m trying to make is that we care here about animal welfare.”

His comments come in contrast to internal staff complaints at the company, first reported by Reuters, claiming that Neuralink’s animal testing is being rushed, causing needless suffering and deaths.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/elon-musk-s-neuralink-killed-1500-animals-for-brain-chip-research-report-claims/ar-AA14XxJq

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/elon-musk-s-neuralink-faces-federal-investigation-after-killing-1-500-animals-in-testing/ar-AA14XTXh?

• Sad 2

Can someone explain the need for a neuralink implant?

What are the benefits? Being able to tweet at twice the rate compared to those who use a keyboard?

I can see some uses around paraplegic people, but other than that it seems unnecessary 

• Like 2

If his companies are abusing animals then they should be held liable but I get the impression a LOT of his businesses are about to get a Federal enema and all for BLATANTLY political reasons.  Those who cheer it on need to remember that "it stops being funny when it STARTS being YOU"

• Like 2