Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Widespread arrests to stop German Coup by "Right Wing"

and-then

51 minutes ago, odas said:

You do know that an intention of commiting a crime is also punishable by law?

I have the intention of exterminating the world's whole human population and to rob a nail clipping to boot. Hoist the sails, mates! Arrrr!

1 minute ago, Ell said:

I have the intention of exterminating the world's whole human population and to rob a nail clipping to boot. Hoist the sails, mates! Arrrr!

And someone has the intention to park a car full of bombs next to your home waiting to push the button when your kids are right next to it. What now?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ell said:

In OP it's not just ideal daydreams. It's making plans, organizing, and taking steps towards realizing those thoughts.

You guys are doing gymnastics to defend literal fascist. For once thst label is exactly what they are 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

Some interesting stuff

Federal prosecutors said Reuss, whom the group planned to install as Germany’s new leader, had contacted Russian officials with the aim of imposing a new order in the country once the German government was overthrown. There is no indication that the Russians responded positively

https://apnews.com/article/europe-germany-constitutions-d7e67cfefbd1f33e2909f9c2fe1a3d3d

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Since I follow the german news and politics on a dayly basis the aleged russian connection does not suprise me. The AFD is on the forefront when it comes to protests against EU's and US descision to counter russia. The AFD has a habbit to intimidate Ukrainian refugies too.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, and-then said:

I know there is a lot of good reasons for German - and EU citizens in general - to be upset about the mass illegal migration that is being foisted on them.  The same is happening here and it is going to have devastating long term effects on our stability.  Where I live, we are talking about forming "neighborhood" or community watch zones and getting folks who are willing, to begin patrolling for the safety of our families.  The image the Left is trying to sell is that of poor unfortunates who are fleeing tyranny or hoping for a better life but the reality is that they don't have a damned CLUE who most of these people are and they don't CARE.  IMO, the goal is to destabilize the country as quickly as possible and create a level of damage that no one will be able to fix.

Its ironic when a government pretending to be democratic ignores these issues then wants to lock up 25 for planning a coup.

In reality, both lots need locking up.

33 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Its ironic when a government pretending to be democratic ignores these issues then wants to lock up 25 for planning a coup.

What would be the issue that needs both lots to be locked up? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

I thought it was the far right that propagated these conspiracy theories?

Not always, but they do love them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Germany expects more arrests after coup plot swoop

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/more-arrests-expected-german-coup-plot-coming-days-say-authorities-2022-12-08/

This one is interresting from the article. Just for those (AT) who  defend those Reichsbuerger nazisoids and blame the immigrants. 

From the article:

The town's deputy mayor said local people had been sent a letter, saying their German passports were not valid.

"All citizens of Bad Lobenstein received a letter this past summer in which we were told that we were not German because our passports were not German," Andree Burkhardt told Reuters.

"We were then given the opportunity to apply for our German origin documents with the Reuss administration. This of course provoked a huge outcry among the population,” he added.

Edited by odas
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Not always, but they do love them.

As a general rule I find that whenever someone have an extreme political view, left or right, there is a much higher chance that they believe in conspiracies. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Not in democracies. 

One of the main points of democracy is that it gives people a way to make change and deal with differences without violence.

Germany and the US clearly do not meet the threshold for armed revolution.

These type of coups are just a ton of fascist babies who can't deal with the fact they don't have enough population support (votes) to do what they want. 

So you don't believe an armed rebellion in 1939 Germany was warranted because Germany was a democracy while committing henious crimes?

You and Ye got a lot in common. I'd say planning an armed rebellion was warranted, even in a democracy

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

So you don't believe an armed rebellion in 1939 Germany was warranted because Germany was a democracy while committing henious crimes?

You and Ye got a lot in common. I'd say planning an armed rebellion was warranted, even in a democracy

Germany was a democracy during Hitler? All right then. Learned something new today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, odas said:

Germany was a democracy during Hitler? All right then. Learned something new today.

No, it wasn't. The Nazis started turning Germany into a totalitarian state as soon as they started to gain power.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pellinore said:

No, it wasn't. The Nazis started turning Germany into a totalitarian state as soon as they started to gain power.

PELLINORE!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Germany stopped being a democracy well before 1939.It was highjacked by an armed rebellion by the Nazis, and led to them usurping the state via Paul von Hindenburg ceding his position as chancellor.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I mean, if we are going to define "democracies" as single party states than ban all opposition parties, than sure :rolleyes:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, odas said:

Sarcasam, that's what.

I know you knew, I just thought your ironic reply was too mild. Though I have heard people say that Hitler won power through elections. They forget to add that his opponents were either being murdered, in Dachau, or being threatened with these.The population had a number of secret, subversive jokes, which have recently been published. One goes along these lines:

"So, what were your three months in Dachau like?"

"Not too bad. At breakfast we had a choice of coffee or chocolate, light exercise before lunch, and recreation in the evenings".

"My God! That's not what Pauli said it was like!"

"I know. That's why he is back in there."

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I know you knew, I just thought your ironic reply was too mild. Though I have heard people say that Hitler won power through elections. They forget to add that his opponents were either being murdered, in Dachau, or being threatened with these.The population had a number of secret, subversive jokes, which have recently been published. One goes along these lines:

"So, what were your three months in Dachau like?"

"Not too bad. At breakfast we had a choice of coffee or chocolate, light exercise before lunch, and recreation in the evenings".

"My God! That's not what Pauli said it was like!"

"I know. That's why he is back in there."

His party wasn`t large enough to contest all seats so he had to form a coalition, but he was democratically elected.

And the Commies did actually terror attack the Reichstag, which got him to dictator.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, odas said:

And someone has the intention to park a car full of bombs next to your home waiting to push the button when your kids are right next to it. What now?

Nothing. I had my intention first, so his does not count.

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Here again Cookie Monster your talking out of that place where you sit. This Coup wasn’t based upon that and it’s very refreshing to see your honesty in supporting Far RightWing Extremism. :no:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Germany was not a democracy in 1939, Germany became Dictatorship from in 1933 when Hitler took power until Hitlers death in April of 1945. But, yes I believe by 1939 an Armed Rebellion was warranted to overthrow the German Reich, because by 1939 Democracy was dead German Reich and the outcome was already set in stone.

However, I totally disagree that an Armed Rebellion is warranted to overthrow what the global community calls a Democracy today.

What set of circumstances do you believe that a Armed Rebellion is appropriate to overthrow a Democracy today?  

• Like 2

Update News on the German Coup Attempt: More suspects wanted in foiled German coup plot:

Police are searching for more people connected to the far-right Reichsbürger movement after Germany-wide raids revealed the advanced scale of a plot to overthrow the government. 

As investigators comb through evidence collected in raids targeting a far-right plotaiming to topple the German government, officials are indicating that the number of people involved could grow.

The head of Germany's criminal police (BKA), Holger Münch, said Thursday that two more individuals were found to be connected to the anti-government plot, bringing the total number of suspects to 54. The number of suspects could continue to grow, he told the ARD public broadcaster.

Concern over security forces involved in terror network

The suspects targeted by the Federal Public Prosecutor's Office's investigation include a soldier from the German Armed Forces' Special Forces Command (KSK) and several Bundeswehr reservists.

In the western state of North Rhine-Westphalia, state premier Hendrik Wüst said in an interview with DLF that it was very concerning that people with military training or access to weapons were involved in the suspected terror network.

However, he added that the raids were a sign that the German state is capable of defending itself, and he expects more action to be taken targeting the Reichsbüger movement.

BKI head Münch added that more background checks should be carried out on members of security forces.

"In times like these, when security forces are very much in demand, we must be able to rely on the fact that everyone stands behind the democratic order," he told the ARD public broadcaster

The head of Germany's domestic intelligence services, Thomas Haldenwang, also called for increased security checks of anyone working in state or federal security forces, adding, however, that the vast majority of police and security forces do not harbor anti-government sentiments. 

https://www.dw.com/en/more-suspects-wanted-in-foiled-german-coup-plot/a-64028033

• Like 2

The Conspiracy Behind the Plot to Overthrow the German Government Is Even Dumber Than QAnon

What really makes this crude movement—which makes its own uniforms, passports, and money—so dangerous is that it has intersections with all sorts of groups that are against the government, a coalition of right-wing radicals who are anti-vaccination, anti-refugee, and pro-Russia. And thanks in part to this, it even has parliamentary representation in the form of the Alternative for Germany, or the AfD. That party has 10 percent of the vote in the Bundestag and is even stronger in the polls. In some states in the east of the country, it competes with the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), the party of the former chancellor Angela Merkel, for first place in elections.

If this all sounds like a fever dream of conspiracists, don’t let it. It’s to be taken very seriously. As our real justice minister, Marco Buschmann, put it, “there are many busybodies who tell confused stories after drinking alcohol,” but in this case, there was every reason to believe “the group wanted to take violent action.” Again and again, politicians are threatened in Germany. In June 2019, one local CDU politician, Walter Lübcke, was shot to death by a right-wing extremist. There have been right-wing extremist machinations inside German security agencies and in the Bundeswehr, our military. For far too long, ruling politicians turned a blind eye to this.

Now, politicians of all the democratic parties welcomed the action of the security authorities on Wednesday. They said it showed the strength of the German constitutional state in protecting democracy. But comparisons were also drawn to the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. This week once again showed democracy in our two countries is not a law of nature, but must be protected and defended. We’re only just beginning to get a closer look at its enemies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-conspiracy-behind-the-plot-to-overthrow-the-german-government-is-even-dumber-than-qanon/ar-AA154jTM?ocid=EMMX&cvid=cd94d3c6a5d74cd2ada0a667de99a1f3

• Like 1