Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Widespread arrests to stop German Coup by "Right Wing"

and-then

15 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

His party wasn`t large enough to contest all seats so he had to form a coalition, but he was democratically elected.

And the Commies did actually terror attack the Reichstag, which got him to dictator.

The attack on the Reicshtag was staged by the nazis and the blame was directed towards a Dutch national.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, odas said:

The attack on the Reicshtag was staged by the nazis and the blame was directed towards a Dutch national.

Well that doesnt match the history books.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

?

A Dutch citizen, van der Lubbe, was the guy who apparently set the Reichstag on fire. Hitler blamed the communists and forced von Hindenburg to issue a decre to suspend all civil liberties. The Dutch guy was set up to do it by the nazis. Easy piece of history.

• Like 3

Reichsbürger conspirators planned new army for coup.

Prosecutors said the suspects planned to set up 280 armed units across Germany that would have been tasked with "arresting and executing" people after a coup.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/reichsb%C3%BCrger-conspirators-planned-new-army-for-coup/a-64066794

"Arresting and executing". Glad Germany got those terrorists before they were able to act.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, odas said:

Reichsbürger conspirators planned new army for coup.

Prosecutors said the suspects planned to set up 280 armed units across Germany that would have been tasked with "arresting and executing" people after a coup.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/reichsb%C3%BCrger-conspirators-planned-new-army-for-coup/a-64066794

"Arresting and executing". Glad Germany got those terrorists before they were able to act.

What is just as concerning are the right wingers asking, hell, suggesting, that this is an attack on democracy.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 8:01 AM, spartan max2 said:

I mean, if we are going to define "democracies" as single party states than ban all opposition parties, than sure :rolleyes:

I was just pointing out that Hitler was elected democratically, through coalition partnerships. Being democratically elected is not a guarantee of anything. Armed revolution would have been warranted in my opinion to remove Hitler

Edit to add. The coalition partners were separate political parties. It was not a 1 party state when Hitler was elected 

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I was just pointing out that Hitler was elected democratically, through coalition partnerships. Being democratically elected is not a guarantee of anything. Armed revolution would have been warranted in my opinion to remove Hitler

Edit to add. The coalition partners were separate political parties. It was not a 1 party state when Hitler was elected 

Germany was a democracy when Hitler was  appointed Chancellor. It definitely wasent a democracy by 1933 once it officially became a one party state. The nazis changed laws along the way to weaken democracy leading up to that point. Armed rebellion when Hitler was appointed wouldn't of made much sense tbh. Would of played into his hands, Hitler later uses conspiracies and an excuse to round up dissidents anyway. He would of just done it sooner. The moderates and catholics thought they could serve their ends while keeping the Nazis in check. They were wrong 

Though you made a good point. Hitler's rise is a great lesson as to why what Trump did in 2020 is dangerous and a threat to democracy. Trying to use archaic rules and conspiracies to stay in power and ignore the voters. Start out using the system until you get enough power to end democracy.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/10/2022 at 4:19 AM, Cookie Monster said:

It was never proven that the Nazis were responsible for the Reichstag fire, however it has always been suspected. It certainly brought the complete destruction of the Communist Party in Germany which was Hitlers only opposition!;)

So basically Odas was correct.

18 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

He merged most of them into his own.

The thing with people is they think they live in a black and white world where Democracy is good and Dictatorship is evil. They have no mental concept or understanding of why a people would vote a dictator into power. Or how he could be very popular with them. And believe me, he was, and everyone knew what they were getting into.

Look at Putin, people don`t get it with him either so they engage in delusional thinking instead where they convince themselves Russian elections are fake. They cannot understand why people vote the strong man in.