Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany nationwide raid against extremist group plotting to overthrow the government

spartan max2

Surprised no one has make a thread about this yet. Germany had a big raid against a extremist group. Consisted of police officers, judges, etc. 

Germany arrests 25 suspected far-right extremists for plotting to overthrow government

By Zahid Mahmood and Chris Stern, CNN

— 

German officials arrested 22 suspected members and three suspected supporters of a far-right terrorist organization across the country on Wednesday on suspicion of plotting to overthrow the government.

Alleged members of the plot include a descendant of German royalty and a former far-right member of the Bundestag, Germany’s lower house of parliament, according to German prosecutors and local media reports.

In a statement, the German federal prosecutor’s office said an estimated 50 people were suspected to have been part of the group called Reich Citizens (Reichsbürger) movement, founded no later than November 2021, who were plotting to overthrow the government and replace it with their own order.

“The accused are united by a deep rejection of state institutions and the free democratic basic order of the Federal Republic of Germany, which over time has led to their decision to participate in their violent elimination and to engage in concrete preparatory actions for this purpose,” the statement said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/07/europe/germany-far-right-arrests-grm-intl/index.html

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting :-

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1

Just now, odas said:

That's a good read. 

Interesting isn't it.

16 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Interesting isn't it.

This raid is not new. There have been raids of the far right and nazi groups at least since 2006 in Germany. It is scary that many of them are in possetion of high caliber arms as well that they have military background. Of course, the nazi ideology is still present in some Germans but it is also present in other countries. That is why we have to be vigilant. Both, the far right and the far left are playing into the hand of nazis.

• Like 2

When I heard this I was like, WOW!, was I surprised. I could be wrong, but i think it's a backlash  against a lot of the policies that Angela Merkel had, with letting all those  muslims in etc. amongst other issues. Thank goodness  they had the raids and nothing  happened, but that was close. I know there has been a rise of Neo Nazis and other such groups, but  didn't know it was this bad. I have relatives in Germany on my dad's side, and  in the military too as well as other positions.   And who is this Prince Heinrich who was I think maybe one if not the main ringleader of all this. Don't know if he's  Hohenzollern or a Wittelsbach  or Thurn und Taxis  or what princely house he hails from.

• Like 1

He is from the Reuss family from Turingia. Also, when you say " all those muslims" you are putting a blame one an entire religion and not on the individuals.

Also, if you would educate yourself, you would know that the Reichsburger movement has NOTHING to do with immigrants but with the notion that the current Germany is NOT the real Germany but lead and controlled by USA, UK and France. The Reichsburger movement called on GERMANS to get their REICHSBURGER passports.

While obviously there is a big problem with immigrants from middle east, africa..(and no, they are not all muslims) the AFD and the Reichburgers AND THOSE who believe their narrative are using this situation to further their nazi agenda.

Blaming a certain group of people for everything already happened in Germany and it did not end well. Looks like some people have still the same mindset of the 1930's. Do you?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sirfiroth said:

Wasn't it back in the 1930's the German government started rounding up their political opposition as they are doing now?

Yes. In 1933 when Hitler took power.

Edited by odas

23 minutes ago, sirfiroth said:

Wasn't it back in the 1930's the German government started rounding up their political opposition as they are doing now?

The Reichsburgers are not a political opposition. In 1933 when Hitler came to power he basicaly outlawed every other political party. That is not the case now otherwise we would have now the current German government rounding up the CDU/CSU, FDP, GRUENE, LINKE.....

The Reichsburger movement is an ideology based on athocratic rule by only one party. Therefore, the Reichsburger are the same ideology that Hitler promoted. The sooner they are out the better.

• Like 1