Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man films ghostly figure peering back at him through his garage door

UM-Bot

I'm on reddit a lot and this is not one of the more compelling videos.

But anyway, 

Papameter Reading

60% Paranormal    35% Pareidolia    5% Hoax

Background info added some paranormal points for me.

• Haha 1

Looks like a reflection of something.  The illusion of the face disappearing seems to be accomplished with a combination of zooming in and out  while stepping from right to left.  The zoom helps hide the fact that the camera is also moving from side to side.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

Looks like a reflection to me. Of what, I don't know. Almost looks like that window is open, screen on the bottom, glass on top, which is probably why it only appears in the top part of the window.
  • Like 1

It's the reflection of the pillar between two windows of the house facing the garage window in question. It's right under the reflected roof and you can see dark squares (windows and/or doors) on either side of it.

Pretty obviously nothing once you study the reflection. And the guy sees it daily? Big surprise there, houses tend to stay in one place. Also note the guy narrating the video says something about the guy taking the video is enjoying his "herbal cigarette" when he sees it, another big surprise. "Confused pothead doesn't understand how reflections work" is a better thread title.

Critical thinking dies a little more every time a video like this gets posted as "ghost evidence".

Edited by moonman
  • Like 5

I saw what they claimed was a ghostly figure i simply do not believe its anything paranormal.

• Like 3

These type threads remind me of this...

I can just imagine had it been posted as a serious experence i would have gotten a 99.9% paranormal 1% any other possibility.

• Like 2

Thread cleaned

Can we avoid making things personal or about other members, please.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, moonman said:

Critical thinking dies a little more every time a video like this gets posted as "ghost evidence".

The entire point of posting videos like this is to encourage critical thinking.

We never insist on a paranormal interpretation, the idea is to analyze the footage yourself and come to your own conclusions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

No matter how much I look at it, it doesn't look like a face to me. I'm quite bad at recognizing faces though, it could be related to that.

• Like 1

Lights, morning dew, frost, playing tricks

On 12/9/2022 at 5:31 AM, Saru said:

The entire point of posting videos like this is to encourage critical thinking.

We never insist on a paranormal interpretation, the idea is to analyze the footage yourself and come to your own conclusions.

Thats why i do love this paranormal forum best, thinking ( critical ) is allowed and non paranormal explanations are welcome, well at least welcome to most here.

• Like 1

This guy needs to lay off the booos...ugh

Edited by TripGun
Mispelling

On 12/11/2022 at 11:49 PM, the13bats said:

Thats why i do love this paranormal forum best, thinking ( critical ) is allowed and non paranormal explanations are welcome, well at least welcome to most here.

Non paranormal explanations are the only comments welcome here, by several of you. 

Anyhow, yeah I’m not seeing it with this one either. 

On 12/16/2022 at 6:08 AM, preacherman76 said:

Non paranormal explanations are the only comments welcome here, by several of you. 

Anyhow, yeah I’m not seeing it with this one either. 

Oh contrair, if a person wants to present paranormal as an explanation ill listen to their tale and look at there supportive evidence,  oh thats right they never have any supportive evidence.

23 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh contrair, if a person wants to present paranormal as an explanation ill listen to their tale and look at there supportive evidence,  oh thats right they never have any supportive evidence.

You never listen to anyone. You go straight to laughing in their face. 

And what do you mean by supporting evidence? Like exactly what you would consider supporting evidence? Cause honestly I can’t conceive of anything that would fall under acceptable. The very nature of the subject defies the idea. 

You are not here to search for evidence. 

Edited by preacherman76

16 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You never listen to anyone. You go straight to laughing in their face. 

And what do you mean by supporting evidence? Like exactly what you would consider supporting evidence? Cause honestly I can’t conceive of anything that would fall under acceptable. The very nature of the subject defies the idea. 

You are not here to search for evidence. 

Do you have more on subject to add or just ad hominem trolling?

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

Do you have more on subject to add or just ad hominem trolling?

You are the one who deemed the thread not serious. You are the one who “would have gotten a 99% paranormal” had it been taken serious. No one said anything to you, but you still felt the need to ridicule those with different opinions. Like you do in basically every conversation. 

Don’t take shots at people unless you are willing to take some back. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You are the one who deemed the thread not serious. You are the one who “would have gotten a 99% paranormal” had it been taken serious. No one said anything to you, but you still felt the need to ridicule those with different opinions. Like you do in basically every conversation. 

Don’t take shots at people unless you are willing to take some back. 

Actually you quoted me so you just lied saying no one said anything to me.

And if you reread replies non paranormal is the majority in this one including your own remark. So no clue what you are ranting about.

Edited by the13bats

14 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Actually you quoted me so you just lied saying no one said anything to me.

It was an observation of what was said before I ever got here. 

14 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And if you reread replies non paranormal is the majority in this one including your own remark. So no clue what you are ranting about.

I’m not ranting at all. Nor do I have a problem with differing opinions. Just found it curious that you praised how non paranormal opinions are welcomed, when you tolerate nothing but the same opinions as yourself. 

I don’t have a problem at all that you express disbelief in the paranormal. I far more often than not don’t believe it either. Just don’t get why you can’t offer others who do believe the same courtesy. 

On 12/9/2022 at 4:23 AM, the13bats said:

I saw what they claimed was a ghostly figure i simply do not believe its anything paranormal.

What do you make of this. Convincing?:

Edited by pellinore