Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What you think about the Word of God?

Roy Perry

God first

12\09\2022

Is the God that was inspired by the Holy Ghost as man of God wrote “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”  Whether it a part oh any book today if the Holy Spirit to day or when books like John were inspired or even 2 Peter was wrote or any inspired word of truth written today. 

“Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.”  it must agree with God's Scripture's or prophecy. Prophecy that God inspired by the Holy Ghost which was wrote down for others to read as they study to see if it part of God's Word. I am no greater than you do you speak by Holy Ghost why not write too.

Are you afraid to even try? If the people living 2,000 years ago greater than you? “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” If this person could write God's Word why can not you. Thank you with Love of God and an holy kiss of God's ghost inspired to you from Roy. 

Guess they were moved by the Holy Ghost to defend slavery too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Guess they were moved by the Holy Ghost to defend slavery too.

And if you were part of Martin Luther's movement or the Second Great Awakening antisemitism too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roy Perry said:

I couldn't tell you, as I have never heard god speak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

If you stripe the metaphysical, magical, and mystical away from the bible. You have a pseudo-history and some moral lessons, with a dose of philosophy. Other than that, I don't think much of it. Just words written by people who thought they knew god. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I couldn't tell you, as I have never heard god speak.

That’s the best answer I have ever heard and I mean that sincerely. Now when it comes to the written versions of Gods word, I can’t honestly say I trust them because they are human interpretations. Since there is no completely original scriptures from the time that Jesus walked the Earth as the Bible says he did. I can only assume that far to many blanks have been filled in with interpretations that were conceived from the minds of men alone. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That’s the best answer I have ever heard and I mean that sincerely. Now when it comes to the written versions of Gods word, I can’t honestly say I trust them because they are human interpretations. Since there is no completely original scriptures from the time that Jesus walked the Earth as the Bible says he did. I can only assume that far to many blanks have been filled in with interpretations that were conceived from the minds of men alone. :yes:

Why would a perfect Creative Spirit need to say anything?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ell said:

I heard the word of God the other day when I was talking in the library.

He whispered: "Quiet!"

So that is his word. Honest to God!

You just gave me a hilarious thought. God speaking up on one of the TV evangelist shows.

In a loud booming voice you suddenly hear *SHUT THE **** UP!*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

You just gave me a hilarious thought. God speaking up on one of the TV evangelist shows.

In a loud booming voice you suddenly hear *SHUT THE **** UP!*

George Burn's or Morgan Freeman's?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

George Burn's or Morgan Freeman's?

Either or.. They were both great. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Either or.. They were both great. 

I can envision Morgan Freeman’s “God” adding “Don’t make me come down there and bust your ass!” :w00t:

cormac

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If we ever get any direct word form (a) god, I will tell you.

If you mean that collection of myths, poems, lists of laws, philosophical/theological texts, pseudo-historical accounts, political allegory etc. that goes by the name of "Holy Bible" these days...then not much. It's from an earlier time, written by and for people who's way of living and culture has very little to do with society today.

• Like 2

Well, personally and for those who have faith in Christ, John 8:8 states, "And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground."

This is the ONLY place I find of Christ writing anything down, and he did it on the ground in the dirt so as not leave a permanent record of him having done so.

My thought on this is that he intentionally did NOT want to leave any written record by his hand. I believe he knew that any written record he left would end up being worshipped as being divine. He knew that people would start to worship a material object such as a book rather than relying on the Spirit of Truth to teach them personally in their inner person to know what does or does not ring true internally.

Too many followers of religion choose to worship what they can hold in their hands rather than put forth the effort to trust a Spirit of Truth to help them discern spiritual truths from whatever book or literature they may read. Many believe their particular tome of "Godspeak" is it, and that's the end of it.

Seeking Truth has been stressed, and yes, it must involve an active desire and effort put forth to seek that Truth. Those who do not seek will not find.

I do NOT worship any particular book, but I do read "scriptures", and particularly the King James version of the Bible because I see it to be an "honest" bible translation.

The KJ version contains words in italics. These words were placed by the translators to openly show that that particular word is NOT a translated word, but has been inserted to help clarifiy the overall meaning of the passage. I find this to be a mark of integrity by the translators. However, it doesn't mean that I think that every word written down by the orginal authors of the books are verbatim from the mouth of God.

I think the Truth is intentionally made obscure so only true seekers are able to benefit.

Just a few of my thoughts,

Sojo

Edited by Sojo
Spelling Correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sojo said:

Well, personally and for those who have faith in Christ, John 8:8 states, "And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground."

This is the ONLY place I find of Christ writing anything down, and he did it on the ground in the dirt so as not leave a permanent record of him having done so.

My thought on this is that he intentionally did NOT want to leave any written record by his hand. I believe he knew that any written record he left would end up being worshipped as being divine. He knew that people would start to worship a material object such as a book rather than relying on the Spirit of Truth to teach them personally in their inner person to know what does or does not ring true internally.

Too many followers of religion choose to worship what they can hold in their hands rather than put forth the effort to trust a Spirit of Truth to help them discern spiritual truths from whatever book or literature they may read. Many believe their particular tome of "Godspeak" is it, and that's the end of it.

Seeking Truth has been stressed, and yes, it must involve an active desire and effort put forth to seek that Truth. Those who do not seek will not find.

I do NOT worship any particular book, but I do read "scriptures", and particularly the King James version of the Bible because I see it to be an "honest" bible translation.

The KJ version contains words in italics. These words were placed by the translators to openly show that that particular word is NOT a translated word, but has been inserted to help clarifiy the overall meaning of the passage. I find this to be a mark of integrity by the translators. However, it doesn't mean that I think that every word written down by the orginal authors of the books are verbatim from the mouth of God.

I think the Truth is intentionally made obscure so only true seekers are able to benefit.

Just a few of my thoughts,

Sojo

Or as Confucius says seek it in other sources. Quakers look at the history and culture behind the Bible to determine the truth with Henry Cadbury laying the foundation for exposing the myths and fiction of it and I can now say what would of gotten him black balled. 

I have problems with the King James version. It was based on the Latin Vulgate which has translation issues of it's own. It's not a scholarly source, but was written with personal interests in mind. Now it's weaponized by certain American Evangelicals as a tool to keep Christians from looking further.

Translations of translations lose a lot on top of it. 

9 hours ago, Roy Perry said:

Word Of God is not the Bible

That's correct. Jesus is the new life-giving word of God, that came out of God and returned to God.

Isaiah 55:11 "For just as rain and snow fall from heaven and do not return without watering the earth, making it bud and sprout, and providing seed to sow and food to eat, so My word that proceeds from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please, and it will prosper where I send it."

John 5:39 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life."

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, Orphalesion said:

If we ever get any direct word form (a) god, I will tell you.

If you mean that collection of myths, poems, lists of laws, philosophical/theological texts, pseudo-historical accounts, political allegory etc. that goes by the name of "Holy Bible" these days...then not much. It's from an earlier time, written by and for people who's way of living and culture has very little to do with society today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say by posting that.

3 times 0 is still 0. 
Basiclly, the Atheists are trolling the Christians running the experiment.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

3 times 0 is still 0. 
Basiclly, the Atheists are trolling the Christians running the experiment.

Ah right. My speaking  English as a Second Language is showing again.

5 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say by posting that.

Sorry, I confuse myself as well quite often.

It was supposed to be a joke. You posted something about modern science being a bit incompatible with old myths. The Tweet I posted may be obscure out of context, but it is something like this:

A religious person posted a religious meme.  An atheist prankster said that seeing it had increased his belief 10 times. The religious person took this to mean he had been converted,and was encouraged to post more, while the atheist was actually saying it had reinforced his atheism (10x nothing is still nothing). A bit cruel, but it amused me as I am not just an atheist, I believe religion is harmful.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 5:39 PM, pellinore said:

Sorry, I confuse myself as well quite often.

It was supposed to be a joke. You posted something about modern science being a bit incompatible with old myths. The Tweet I posted may be obscure out of context, but it is something like this:

A religious person posted a religious meme.  An atheist prankster said that seeing it had increased his belief 10 times. The religious person took this to mean he had been converted,and was encouraged to post more, while the atheist was actually saying it had reinforced his atheism (10x nothing is still nothing). A bit cruel, but it amused me as I am not just an atheist, I believe religion is harmful.

As opposed to what, the real world? Now that is a real an expression of faith.

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

As opposed to what, the real world? Now that is a real an expression of faith.

What do you mean, I don't understand your post?

On 12/9/2022 at 2:00 PM, Sojo said:

However, it doesn't mean that I think that every word written down by the orginal authors of the books are verbatim from the mouth of God.

Very wise. The chances of anything in the Bible being verbatim from the mouth of God is as high as us ever again hearing a peep from Him or Jesus.

• Like 1