Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump firmly behind DeSantis in 2024 Republican primary, new poll finds

Grim Reaper 6

Former US President Donald Trump is 5 percentage points behind upstart Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll released Thursday. DeSantis, who was re-elected as Florida governor on November 8th by the largest margin of victory since 1982, has been floated as a potential challenger to the controversial Trump as a string of indictments and investigations shrouds his post-Presidential career.

A similar poll of Iowa Republicans released in late November also showed that Republican voters preferred DeSantis over Trump as their first-choice candidate by a margin of 32% to 30%, respectively. DeSantis also seems to have more support than Trump in a potential general election against Democratic incumbent Joe Biden – registered voters across the political spectrum who participated in the poll were split between the Florida governor and Biden at a figure of 44% each, whereas 45% of voters polled preferred Biden over Trump, who garnered 42%

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-firmly-behind-desantis-in-2024-republican-primary-new-poll-finds/ar-AA154vyC?ocid=EMMX&cvid=b1da650db3224f22ab99bd5f707b7616

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Ron DeSantis to hold 'intimate dinner' with top donors amid 2024 speculation

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will reportedly hold an "intimate dinner" with some of his top donors this weekend amid speculation that he may announce a 2024 presidential bid. DeSantis, riding high after his overwhelming re-election victory in November, will hold the first of what may be a series of invite-only meetings with donors this Sunday, the Washington Post reports. Invitations to the dinner reportedly make no mention of a 2024 run, however, saying only that it was an opportunity to celebrate the governor's win with some of his "strongest supporters.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron-desantis-hold-intimate-dinner-top-donors-2024-speculation

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

Let him run in the primaries.  If he can beat Trump there then I'll vote for him as the nominee but anyone who seriously thinks that running him will end the craziness and character assassination that was used against Trump, is just kidding themselves.  It would be like the Israelis giving in to swap land for "peace".  The Palis take everything they're given and are encouraged to fight for more.  The similarities between those terrorists and the DNC are numerous.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, and-then said:

Let him run in the primaries.  If he can beat Trump there then I'll vote for him as the nominee but anyone who seriously thinks that running him will end the craziness and character assassination that was used against Trump, is just kidding themselves.  It would be like the Israelis giving in to swap land for "peace".  The Palis take everything they're given and are encouraged to fight for more.  The similarities between those terrorists and the DNC are numerous.

Your example above of comparing the DNC to the Palestinians is cute and comical but also a bit ridiculous. As far as calling the Palestinians Terrorists, I disagree in my opinion they are subjugated people stuck between Israel and the Terrorists. However, sadly it is innocent Palestinian Civilians blood that pays for all the wars.

I will also vote for DeSantis if he wins the nomination, in fact he is my favorite Republican Candidate! I hope he maintains his cool like he has done so far by not responding to Trumps attacks, because it certainly makes him the bigger man and only adds to his credibility!:tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Former US President Donald Trump is 5 percentage points behind upstart Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll released Thursday. DeSantis, who was re-elected as Florida governor on November 8th by the largest margin of victory since 1982, has been floated as a potential challenger to the controversial Trump as a string of indictments and investigations shrouds his post-Presidential career.

A similar poll of Iowa Republicans released in late November also showed that Republican voters preferred DeSantis over Trump as their first-choice candidate by a margin of 32% to 30%, respectively. DeSantis also seems to have more support than Trump in a potential general election against Democratic incumbent Joe Biden – registered voters across the political spectrum who participated in the poll were split between the Florida governor and Biden at a figure of 44% each, whereas 45% of voters polled preferred Biden over Trump, who garnered 42%

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-firmly-behind-desantis-in-2024-republican-primary-new-poll-finds/ar-AA154vyC?ocid=EMMX&cvid=b1da650db3224f22ab99bd5f707b7616

Only 5 percentage points.   Jeez.  Who are they polling?   :lol:   I suspect that says more about DeSantis than the florida man.   He should have a larger margin than that.  Maybe they should be adding Pence to the poll and increase their data set.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Only 5 percentage points.   Jeez.  Who are they polling?   :lol:   I suspect that says more about DeSantis than the florida man.   He should have a larger margin than that.  Maybe they should be adding Pence to the poll and increase their data set.

Well it’s only the beginning there is a great deal of time left. :D

• Like 1

Desantis likes to dumb it down.  I'm naming this bill the "Stop Woke Bill!"  He knows that will appeal to mouth breathers.  And lucky for him, smart people aren't a majority.

• Like 2

8 Things Smart People Never Do or Say

8. Start an argument.

Intelligent people understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and starting an argument is futile. Although you don’t have to agree with everything someone says, there’s little point in arguing with them for the sake of it.

If you’re smart, you’re willing to leave people to their own opinions about a certain topic and save your energy instead of getting frustrating and starting an argument with them.

As you can see, there are many things that smart people never do or say. This is because they think carefully about their words and actions and ensure that they don’t offend people or cause distress for the sake of it. Being smart is about being confident, considered, and empathetic, and it’s an enviable characteristic to have.

• Like 1

Oh my goodness!  Michelle actually quoted something online...but of course forgot a link.  Usually she says she refuses to post proof of anything, as she's too busy to Google.  At least we know she's capable.

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

If you look through my posts almost every time I make a claim I post a link. If I don't I honestly don't feel very well, but I know you wouldn't care about that.

https://www.makemebetter.net/8-things-smart-people-never-do-or-say/

Life is too short to waste it on you.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If you look through my posts almost every time I make a claim I post a link. If I don't I honestly don't feel very well

Michelle, if you have something else going on, I wish you nothing but the best.  I want nothing but good for you.  I like quoting you because you're a worthy adversary.  I think it's legitimately over 12 years we have been going at it on this forum, and I cherish that.  I dish it out, because I know you'll give it back, and it is absolutely nothing personal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, and-then said:

Do you ever listen to Trump speak? Craziness and constant character assassination of anybody he deems "unloyal."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, and-then said:

Why don't you just start a blog?

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:16 AM, and-then said:

I have the very low bar of just being happy if Desantis dosen't push election fraud or try to plant fake electors .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:06 PM, Michelle said:

8. Start an argument.

Intelligent people understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and starting an argument is futile. Although you don’t have to agree with everything someone says, there’s little point in arguing with them for the sake of it.

If you’re smart, you’re willing to leave people to their own opinions about a certain topic and save your energy instead of getting frustrating and starting an argument with them.

As you can see, there are many things that smart people never do or say. This is because they think carefully about their words and actions and ensure that they don’t offend people or cause distress for the sake of it. Being smart is about being confident, considered, and empathetic, and it’s an enviable characteristic to have.

Coming from you the irony is overwhelming.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:49 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Ron DeSantis to hold 'intimate dinner' with top donors amid 2024 speculation

Will he "slip into something more comfortable" too? ;)

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:06 PM, Michelle said:

8. Start an argument.

Hi Michelle, 

Are you starting an argument with this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Coming from you the irony is overwhelming.

I only respond in kind. I don't go around hounding people with ad homs like calling them drunks, Trump worshipers , etc....

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Michelle said:

I only respond in kind. I don't go around hounding people with ad homs like calling them drunks, Trump worshipers , etc....

Idk seems you are far more obsessed with my posting than i am, very flattering.

Actually if you knew the definition of ad hominem you would know that if a person is drunk, a trump worshipper or both and refering to them in that manner reflects the discussion then its not ad hominem.

For example if "Fred" posts that he just drank a fifth of jack and think trump is the wisest most attractive man on the planet its okay to say fred is a drunk trump worshipper.

On 12/10/2022 at 3:06 PM, Michelle said:

8. Start an argument.

We believe these truths to be self evident.  Also, never try to silence anyone as it means you miss an opportunity to learn something.

• Like 1

The Hill: DeSantis tops Trump by 23 points among Republicans in new poll.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3773062-desantis-tops-trump-by-23-points-among-republicans-in-new-poll/

The USA Today-Suffolk University poll found that 56 percent of Republican and Republican-leaning voters prefer DeSantis, while only 33 percent would support Trump. More than 60 percent said they want a nominee who will continue Trump’s policies but is not Trump, while 31 percent want the former president to run. 

Wonder what Trump intends to do now?

Maybe go third party?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The Hill: DeSantis tops Trump by 23 points among Republicans in new poll.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3773062-desantis-tops-trump-by-23-points-among-republicans-in-new-poll/

Wonder what Trump intends to do now?

Maybe go third party?

I think he would have to start his own party.  What 3rd party would have him?  There is only one viable 3rd party (on the ballot in all 50 states) and that is the Libertarians.   I suspect even if they thought he could win they wouldn't have him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think he would have to start his own party.  What 3rd party would have him?  There is only one viable 3rd party (on the ballot in all 50 states) and that is the Libertarians.   I suspect even if they thought he could win they wouldn't have him.

He just might start his own party. Good way to retain total control. And he's got like 30% of Reoublucans as fanatic followers.

Hopefully that 30% get even more disillusioned with him in the coming two years, and he fades away like Hillary did.

• Like 3