Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Gen Z Congressman-Elect Denied D.C. Apartment over ‘Really Bad’ Credit

el midgetron

The first member of Generation Z to become a congressman-elect has reportedly been denied a Washington, DC, apartment due to “really bad” credit.

Democrat Maxwell Alejandro Frost will soon replace Rep. Val Demings (D) for her seat in Florida’s 10th U.S. Congressional District next month, but he will have some difficulty finding a place to hang his hat near Capitol Hill after a potential landlord denied him an apartment because of his credit score.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/08/first-gen-z-congressman-elect-denied-d-c-apartment-really-bad-credit/

In the words of the great philosopher Whitney Houston,  “children are our future”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Credit scores are worthless as a good gauge, right now, because of the Coronavirus. A lot of people were severely hurt financially, through no fault of their own.

The Congressman was borrowing to pay for his campaign, but in his district people who might have otherwise given to his campaign, were unable to, again due to a pandemic.

So its a viscious cycle.

We need more poor people in the Congress, so that it reflects the reality of where we are. Hurting people are not adequately represented by the wealthy members of Congress. The wealthy have not done a good job, lately.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

The first member of Generation Z to become a congressman-elect has reportedly been denied a Washington, DC, apartment due to “really bad” credit.

Democrat Maxwell Alejandro Frost will soon replace Rep. Val Demings (D) for her seat in Florida’s 10th U.S. Congressional District next month, but he will have some difficulty finding a place to hang his hat near Capitol Hill after a potential landlord denied him an apartment because of his credit score.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/08/first-gen-z-congressman-elect-denied-d-c-apartment-really-bad-credit/

In the words of the great philosopher Whitney Houston,  “children are our future”.

Because he didn't pay back student loans? :lol:  

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Because he didn't pay back student loans? :lol:  

He claims it’s from debt incurred from running his campaign.

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

He claims it’s from debt incurred from running his campaign.

That sounds like bull.  

• Like 3

Those who do not adequately handle their own finances are probably not good choices to decide how to use taxpayer money.  

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

Those who do not adequately handle their own finances are probably not good choices to decide how to use taxpayer money.  

The Florida Man was a good case in point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I can think of another person with wispy hair.

Edited by Shooter McGavin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

From your breitbart article:

"For that primary, I quit my full time job cause I knew that to win at 25 yrs old, I’d need to be a full-time candidate. 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. It’s not sustainable or right but it’s what we had to do,” he said.

Frost said that candidates are often barred from giving themselves a stipend until after their campaign, meaning they earn little money unless they have an alternate source of income".

Not everyone can scam people out of their money like Trump, Boebert, MTG... some have to make a choice that does not affect other peopl's wallets even if it means getting bad credit. 

Edited by odas
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, odas said:

From your breitbart article:

"For that primary, I quit my full time job cause I knew that to win at 25 yrs old, I’d need to be a full-time candidate. 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. It’s not sustainable or right but it’s what we had to do,” he said.

Frost said that candidates are often barred from giving themselves a stipend until after their campaign, meaning they earn little money unless they have an alternate source of income".

Not everyone can scam people out of their money like Trump, Boebert, MTG... some have to make a choice that does not affect other peopl's wallets even if it means getting bad credit. 

Funny you mention Trump when the Democrats have scammed more money from people than the Republicans.    They are all scoundrels.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Myles said:

Funny you mention Trump when the Democrats have scammed more money from people than the Republicans.    They are all scoundrels.   

I was not talking about reps or dems. Individuals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, odas said:

I was not talking about reps or dems. Individuals.

Really? What does Trump scamming people have todo with this guy racking up debt?

• Like 2

I think the real question here, and the one the article doesn't address, is why he has a poor credit score?  I'm sure he can get an apartment in Baltimore if DC is out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Because the folks you’ve got now are fiscally responsible?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Really? What does Trump scamming people have todo with this guy racking up debt?

Don't you read your own articles that you post?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Because the folks you’ve got now are fiscally responsible?

No, but i continue to HOPE that things will get better.   I am losing hope each day though.  While all politicians are scoundrels, I would rather have those who have been able to keep their own finances in order rather than someone that wasn't responsible enough to do that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Myles said:

No, but i continue to HOPE that things will get better.   I am losing hope each day though.  While all politicians are scoundrels, I would rather have those who have been able to keep their own finances in order rather than someone that wasn't responsible enough to do that.

Like Liz Cheney. ^_^

4 hours ago, odas said:

Don't you read your own articles that you post?

I don’t believe this article mentions DJT. Can you help a brother out?

10 hours ago, el midgetron said:

I don’t believe this article mentions DJT. Can you help a brother out?

Listen, when this Gen Z person does something like these "fine" people then we can talk about his carracter:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/florida-republican-who-sponsored-don-t-say-gay-resigns-after-federal-indictment/ar-AA154eZM?cvid=575d17e9ab2243e88c5b715627fed3f3

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/06/08/us/politics/lauren-boebert.amp.html

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ca.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-suffers-172418577.html

Not to mention all the bankruptcies by your dear leader, all the financial frauds, all the loans....and you are beating up on a young guy who risked only his OWN finances and credit reputation and made it without begging for help and defrauding others. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, odas said:

Listen, when this Gen Z person does something like these "fine" people then we can talk about his carracter:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/florida-republican-who-sponsored-don-t-say-gay-resigns-after-federal-indictment/ar-AA154eZM?cvid=575d17e9ab2243e88c5b715627fed3f3

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/06/08/us/politics/lauren-boebert.amp.html

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ca.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-suffers-172418577.html

Not to mention all the bankruptcies by your dear leader, all the financial frauds, all the loans....and you are beating up on a young guy who risked only his OWN finances and credit reputation and made it without begging for help and defrauding others. 

You asked if I even read the articles I posted after I asked you what this had to do with Trump. Now you are referring me to other articles…… What do these articles you shared have to do with questioning me reading the articles I post?

Put the partisan sissy fight aside for a moment. GenZ should be something that we can all unify in opposition against. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, el midgetron said:

You asked if I even read the articles I posted after I asked you what this had to do with Trump. Now you are referring me to other articles…… What do these articles you shared have to do with questioning me reading the articles I post?

Put the partisan sissy fight aside for a moment. GenZ should be something that we can all unify in opposition against. 

How do you mean "we all can unify in opposition against" and why?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, odas said:

I was hoping he was joking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Isn't GenZ a designation for an age group?  It isn't a political slant as far as I know.  Based on our own generation, these  would be our children or grandchildren, why would we oppose them?  Are you joking as @Likely Guy suggested? Sorry if I missed it.  Baby Boomers are notorious for being slow on the uptake.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, odas said:

You first, you are the one avoiding your earlier assertion. On what grounds does your accusation of me not reading the articles I post have to do with you bringing up Trump? 

• Like 1