Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sinema goes independent, scrambles Senate

WVK

Honestly, the only thing that changed is the label she had. Dems still have the majority and she will still continue to vote the same way she always has.

• Like 4

Not quite as much a gut punch as the sucker punches she has already delivered by not voting with democrats on major bills.  But good, more independents could be better.

• Like 4

One off or the first of many? Usually when one goes “off reservation” a couple follow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Honestly, the only thing that changed is the label she had. Dems still have the majority and she will still continue to vote the same way she always has.

Possibly.  But if that's the case, why be bothered with the theatrics?  They're more apt to cause anger and confusion than any boost in her popularity.  I think if Manchin were smart at all, he'd flip from Blue to Red.  

15 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

One off or the first of many? Usually when one goes “off reservation” a couple follow.

Tulsi Gabbard left a while back. I would have voted for her for president when she was a Democrat.

"I can no longer remain in today's Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism, actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms, are hostile to people of faith & spirituality, demonize the police & protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans, believe in open borders, weaponize the national security state to go after political opponents, and above all, dragging us ever closer to nuclear war," Gabbard said on Twitter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tulsi-gabbard-announces-leaving-democratic-party/story?id=91326164

:lol:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 7

Sen. Sinema knows she will lose the primary election if she were on the Democratic ballot.  As an independent, she is by-passing spending boat loads of cash, keeping it until the general election, i.e., Sen. Sinema is thinking about what's best for Sen. Sinema.

• Like 1

good for her.   She caught allot of heck for voting how she felt and not just voting her party line.   The democrats shown that they do not believe in voting how you feel.   You must tow the party line no matter how you feel.  

She will mostly vote along the Democrats line but will feel less pressure if she feels they are wrong.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

good for her.   She caught allot of heck for voting how she felt and not just voting her party line.   The democrats shown that they do not believe in voting how you feel.   You must tow the party line no matter how you feel. 

So, you're entirely comfortable with McCain and Kinzinger?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I would be happy if people just said what they stood for rather than party affiliation.  All independents would be OK with me.

Until stricter regulations on lobbying are enacted, I don't see being an independent as appealing. Power corrupts regardless of affiliation. 

• Like 2

How bout something like this.

What if polititions weren't elected. What if they were conscripted. Kinda like when those famous words were uttered; "Ask not what your country country can do for you, rather what you can do for your country". What if every one had to serve a term in office. Names could be drawn from a computer that match people's skills to a particular posting. All done randomly with the only caveat being you have to be qualified to do the job. That way the cream would be skimmed from the top instead of the bottom of the bucket.

Lets face facts. Most people in politics today are in it for them themselves. It's easy for them to get elected because no one in their right mind would want the job. Pick the best from your population and you get the best representation. Makes great sense.

Applying this to politics may be the only hope we have of having a peaceful, prosperous, non partisan government.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

To quote the POTUS, 

"Nana... Nona... Nono... Nano... 

Oh I don't know... "

~

4 hours ago, Myles said:

good for her.   She caught allot of heck for voting how she felt and not just voting her party line.

Imagine you saying that about Liz Cheney...hypocrite.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

This thread kind of reminds me of the "Walk Away" movement back in 2018.  Wonder what ever happened to them?

literally nothing becasue it was trumper propaganda.

Then the founder was arrested, chargered, and convicted of particpating in the jan 6th attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

How bout something like this.

What if polititions weren't elected. What if they were conscripted. 

Why does the Left always go full on Communist when given the chance to really speak their mind?? 

Hahaha 

(One month ago, this election is to Save Democracy!  ... democracy is saved... Ahh Screw that!  We need to bring back forced labor and the Gulags!) 

Hahaha 

17 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Why does the Left always go full on Communist when given the chance to really speak their mind?? 

Hahaha 

(One month ago, this election is to Save Democracy!  ... democracy is saved... Ahh Screw that!  We need to bring back forced labor and the Gulags!) 

Hahaha 

I don't think anyone really understands what you are saying.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

So, you're entirely comfortable with McCain and Kinzinger?

Nope, I have said that ALL politicians are scoundrels.  

7 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Imagine you saying that about Liz Cheney...hypocrite.

Can you show where I even commented about Liz?   hypocrite.

To be honest my first thought was “independent movies at the cinema aren’t so bad”. Bad brain auto correct, bad.

• Haha 1