Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Kari Lake Files Lawsuit in Bid to Overturn Arizona Election Defeat

Portre

The lawsuit says: "Lake received the greatest number of votes and is entitled to be named the winner.

"Alternately, the election must be redone in Maricopa County to eliminate the effects of maladministration and illegal votes on the vote tallies reported by Maricopa County."

This story sounds vaguely familiar...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Is Ken Ulibarri going to hire hitmen to kill the election workers? :unsure2:

• Haha 4

I wonder why we never see the evidence she presented?  These claims cannot forever be laughed off without consequences.  So enjoy the giggle, boys.  Eventually we arrive at the place where only Lefties bother to vote and the rest of us ignore the process and soon after, ignore the laws that arise from that process.  You'd behave the same and we know this by looking back of 2016-2020 in the U.S.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, and-then said:

I wonder why we never see the evidence she presented?  These claims cannot forever be laughed off without consequences.  So enjoy the giggle, boys.  Eventually we arrive at the place where only Lefties bother to vote and the rest of us ignore the process and soon after, ignore the laws that arise from that process.  You'd behave the same and we know this by looking back of 2016-2020 in the U.S.  

DimwittedMetallicCottontail.webp

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Portre said:

The lawsuit says: "Lake received the greatest number of votes and is entitled to be named the winner.

"Alternately, the election must be redone in Maricopa County to eliminate the effects of maladministration and illegal votes on the vote tallies reported by Maricopa County."

This story sounds vaguely familiar...

So here we are. 
The state of democracy report: 
UK - technically a kleptocracy where the government is solely acting to enrich itself. 
Oz - (former) PM made himself multiple ministers (in secret) and made decisions (in secret) that affected the nation … to the profit of his mates and donours. 
US - “I don’t like that I lost, I’ll sue”. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I wonder why we never see the evidence she presented? 

Wonder no more. Here's the complaint, which describes the evidence:

https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/4151

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So here we are. 
UK - technically a kleptocracy where the government is solely acting to enrich itself. 
Oz - (former) PM made himself multiple ministers (in secret) and made decisions (in secret) that affected the nation … to the profit of his mates and donours. 

Or follow Peru's example.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Wonder no more. Here's the complaint, which describes the evidence:

https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/4151

Do you think her arguments are valid or is she grasping at hollow straw?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and-then said:

I wonder why we never see the evidence she presented?  These claims cannot forever be laughed off without consequences.  So enjoy the giggle, boys

It is not a laughing matter.  It is a sad state of affairs that so many citizens do not understand the basics of our government.

We here in the United States of America are set up with 3 coequal branches of government, you might remember that from school.

For the last couple of hundred years, our effort to obtain equal justice under the law has been  by using rules of evidence and Constitutional guidelines.  Complainants bring their cases to the bench and provide evidence, the court adjudicates according to law. 

Twitter is not one of the three branches of the United States government.  Nothing you say on Twitter  can substitute for evidence presented in court.  

If Kari has a legal argument and has hired a team of lawyers, the place to settle it is in court, not on social media. The reason she doesn't is because she knows a mob is her only chance to get her way.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, and-then said:

While claims should be investigated, once a decision is made the claims should be put away. However, to date even when accusations have been clearly proven wrong many like yourself continue to push the inaccurate information anyway. 

To my knowledge the process has not been ignored, yet sadly you continue to make the same comments as above in each case.

So, sincerely I must ask you to backup your beliefs and comments with facts ( Sources ) because at this point all you offer is your opinions.

Can you post something - anything that backs up your claims of election fraud?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Kari Lake is bringing suit in court now to challenge the election.  Good, that is the way it should be done.  Good for her and good for the union when her case gets examined.   Seems like the way the Constitution was set out. Do conservatives put more faith in court or Twitter flash mobs?  If she loses will we hear that everybody is corrupt and all conservatives are victims and life is not fair?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So here we are. 

Were you aware that 40+% of the "certified" tabulators (predominately in Republican heavy districts) were supposedly guaranteed ready for the vote yet malfunctioned over settings and lack of ink?  Or did that info never make it into the MSM?  She isn't expecting the case to put her in office.  She wants the truth to have a chance against a corrupt media hit job. 

I'll say it again... trust and faith in elections is the most critical weakness of our system and just because half of the country thinks things are just fine (because they're "winning") that doesn't mean they won't eventually pay the consequences when the rest of us walk away and flip the middle finger at the "government" they set up, illegitimately.  I'm not sure why that concept is so difficult but I guess it's because the sheep on the left don't realize others may have more courage and willingness to fight if necessary, against those who refuse to help the country have trustworthy elections.  In this context, "fight" can be done quite effectively by ignoring the laws in large numbers.  And yeah... that CAN work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, and-then said:

Were you aware that 40+% of the "certified" tabulators (predominately in Republican heavy districts) were supposedly guaranteed ready for the vote yet malfunctioned over settings and lack of ink?  Or did that info never make it into the MSM?  She isn't expecting the case to put her in office.  She wants the truth to have a chance against a corrupt media hit job. 

I'll say it again... trust and faith in elections is the most critical weakness of our system and just because half of the country thinks things are just fine (because they're "winning") that doesn't mean they won't eventually pay the consequences when the rest of us walk away and flip the middle finger at the "government" they set up, illegitimately.  I'm not sure why that concept is so difficult but I guess it's because the sheep on the left don't realize others may have more courage and willingness to fight if necessary, against those who refuse to help the country have trustworthy elections.  In this context, "fight" can be done quite effectively by ignoring the laws in large numbers.  And yeah... that CAN work.

Geeze, you're more damaged than I thought. Do you rant like this at home? At work? Shopping? In front of children? Cause damm, you're one troubled person. Your anger management issues will put you in an early grave if you don't learn to ease up. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, and-then said:

Did this prevent anyone from voting?

Do you have a source that proves the bolded comments.

46 minutes ago, and-then said:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Do you think her arguments are valid or is she grasping at hollow straw?

It's too early to say much, since the complaint is the very first step, and it presents (properly) just one side of the issue.

The defendants will make their answer to the complaint soon, which will also be available from the court clerk. Hearing from both sides will make possible a much better answer to your question. (For example, I don't know anything about Arizona law; for all I know she hasn't even filed this in the correct court.)

Right now, I was really only responding to @and-then's remark that the evidence for her side was somehow not being heard. Maybe he meant not well covered in the press or something, but her side is definitely freely available, right now, for anybody who's interested to read it.

As the answer, too, will be soon ... stay tuned.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, eight bits said:

It's too early to say much, since the complaint is the very first step, and it presents (properly) just one side of the issue.

The defendants will make their answer to the complaint soon, which will also be available from the court clerk. Hearing from both sides will make possible a much better answer to your question. (For example, I don't know anything about Arizona law; for all I know she hasn't even filed this in the correct court.)

Right now, I was really only responding to @and-then's remark that the evidence for her side was somehow not being heard. Maybe he meant not well covered in the press or something, but her side is definitely freely available, right now, for anybody who's interested to read it.

As the answer, too, will be soon ... stay tuned.

Thanks for your reply, I will stay tuned!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and-then said:

I love the mental gymnastics. You've already prepared yourself for when this lawsuit loses in court. Excellent.

Let's looks at some of this silliness. When Trump lost in 2020, Arizona, which was controlled by Republicans in all branches of government, launched and investigation into the voting machines. Because "Dominion was rigged and can't be trusted." They found nonething.

Now in 2022 when some machines went down and people had to switch to paper ballots, the same Republicans are claiming that paper ballots can't be trusted lol.

Similar to your contradictions And Then. In most threads you complain that "voting fraud didn't go to court." (Even though it did.) And now that Lake is taking a situation to court you're still make excuses because you know it will lose in court.

Wake up dude. You've been lied to by people who don't care about you and just want to use lies to control you.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, and-then said:

So YOU need a mob to follow. But, you're not a sheeple.

Chai Guava

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, and-then said:

She isn't expecting the case to put her in office. 

I don't know what she expects, but she asked the court to declare her the winner (complaint, page 67) as one of the possible remedies:

f. An order setting aise the certified result of the 2022 Arizona gubernatorial election and declaring that Kari Lake is the winner of the 2022 Arizona gubernatorial election, pursuant to A[rizona] R[evised] S[tatutes] [Section] 16-676;

and apparently the court does have such power

C. If in an election contest it appears that a person other than the contestee has the highest number of legal votes, the court shall declare that person elected and that the certificate of election of the person whose office is contested is of no further legal force or effect.

(At least I think that's what it says.)

https://www.azleg.gov/viewdocument/?docName=https://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/00676.htm

But she also proposed as an alternative remedy that the court order a new election (also page 67 of the complaint, right after the quoted part).

Either way, that seems to me evidence that she has something in mind, something more concrete, beyond simply

She wants the truth to have a chance against a corrupt media hit job. 

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The court will toss it. Some on the left will declare that the court heard the case and she lost anyway. In the end many will complain, but do nothing. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

The court will toss it. Some on the left will declare that the court heard the case and she lost anyway. In the end many will complain, but do nothing. 

That's how the judicial system works.  You present your evidence (or lack thereof) and a judge decides if it's good enough to go to trial.  These cases have been thrown out by both D and R judges...because there is just no evidence.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

That's how the judicial system works.  You present your evidence (or lack thereof) and a judge decides if it's good enough to go to trial.  These cases have been thrown out by both D and R judges...because there is just no evidence.

At minimum, in this case, there is tons of reason to question the legitimacy of the election. 

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to [Merged] Kari Lake Files Lawsuit in Bid to Overturn Arizona Election Defeat