Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Kari Lake Files Lawsuit in Bid to Overturn Arizona Election Defeat

Portre

4 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

That's a red herring, there are always alternatives to paid ID. During the last election there were allegations of vote suppression,  when literally you needed the last 4 digits of your social security number. Pretty sure that was Georgia, though if it's not I'll find the story.  The left wing nonces went as far as rescheduling a baseball game in another city as protest, and the new city happened to have more stringent voting laws than Georgia did, but that didn't stop them from virtue signalling :lol:

<Shrug> My state has a voter ID law.  

I suppose your reasoning is that liberals don't want voter ID laws because it makes it easier for them to commit election fraud? I'll take my Red Herring over your court disproved conspiracy theory an day.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

<Shrug> My state has a voter ID law.  

I suppose your reasoning is that liberals don't want voter ID laws because it makes it easier for them to commit election fraud? I'll take my Red Herring over yor court disproved conspiracy theory an day.

Not necessarily,  it's easy for democrats to score political points by claiming Republicans want to suppress the vote,  even when that's clearly false and contrary to all the available evidence!

I don't believe they're was any said in the election,  you're talking to the wrong perusing if you think this is about cheating for me!

Edited by Paranoid Android

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

claiming Republicans want to suppress the vote, 

Republicans supress voting in many ways.

Purging voter rolls without notification, removing ballot drop boxes or placing them far outsode of areas where people wouldn't vote for them. Doing their best to limit mail in voting, going so far as to sen dout robocalls that tell voters that if they vote by mail, debt collectors and police will be able to obtain their information. Limiting early voting as much as they can and trying to elimitae as many voting centers as they can to mak eit as difficult as posisble for some classe sof people to get out and vote. It just goe son and on . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Not necessarily,  it's easy for democrats to score political points by claiming Republicans want to suppress the vote,  even when that's clearly false and contrary to all the available evidence!

I don't believe they're was any said in the election,  you're talking to the wrong perusing if you think this is about cheating for me!

See, that's the difference between you and me.  I say there is no evidence and then the Kari Lake judge dismisses the case.  You say there is no evidence and the court does this: Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman: Conservative activists ordered to spend 500 hours registering voters for running a 2020 voter suppression campaign | CNN Politics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Republicans supress voting in many ways.

Purging voter rolls without notification, removing ballot drop boxes or placing them far outsode of areas where people wouldn't vote for them. Doing their best to limit mail in voting, going so far as to sen dout robocalls that tell voters that if they vote by mail, debt collectors and police will be able to obtain their information. Limiting early voting as much as they can and trying to elimitae as many voting centers as they can to mak eit as difficult as posisble for some classe sof people to get out and vote. It just goe son and on . 

That's the democrats talking points, most of which is bunk. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

See, that's the difference between you and me.  I say there is no evidence and then the Kari Lake judge dismisses the case.  You say there is no evidence and the court does this: Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman: Conservative activists ordered to spend 500 hours registering voters for running a 2020 voter suppression campaign | CNN Politics

And what role does Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman play in creating Republican policies? If the answer is what the internet tells me, which is "nothing", then what two individuals choose to do reflects those individuals, not on conservative politics or Republican approaches to voting. You're trying to take what an individual does and use that individual as evidence of widespread collusion to suppress votes from the Republican lawmakers. It's disingenuous and ignores the facts in order to promote a very skewed political narrative that does not reflect reality. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

And what role does Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman play in creating Republican policies? If the answer is what the internet tells me, which is "nothing", then what two individuals choose to do reflects those individuals, not on conservative politics or Republican approaches to voting. You're trying to take what an individual does and use that individual as evidence of widespread collusion to suppress votes from the Republican lawmakers. It's disingenuous and ignores the facts in order to promote a very skewed political narrative that does not reflect reality. 

You need to internet harder, I think.  This guy was a lobbyist and head of a conservative organization: Jack Burkman - Wikipedia

lob·by·ist
[ˈläbiist]

NOUN
  1. a person who takes part in an organized attempt to influence legislators:
    "industry lobbyists pushed the government to undo the decision"
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You need to internet harder, I think.  This guy was a lobbyist and head of a conservative organization: Jack Burkman - Wikipedia

lob·by·ist
[ˈläbiist]

NOUN
  1. a person who takes part in an organized attempt to influence legislators:
    "industry lobbyists pushed the government to undo the decision"

A lobbyist is anyone who petitions the government to do things in the way that they want. I could be a lobbyist if I started trying to campaign to get the government to do things in the manner that I want them to. It doesn't mean that the Republicans are therefore engaging in widespread voter suppression. Neither Wohl nor Burkman had any role within the Republican party to change laws or create policies, let alone contributed to any Republican push to suppress votes! 

The voter suppression claims are largely bunk. The biggest example is the Georgia voting controversy, it was HUGE in the media. They even moved a baseball game to another city in protest of this alleged voter suppression. But if you look at videos such as the one below (and this is just one example) it's absolutely obvious that this is NOT voter suppression and it's just a bunch of lies by the democrats to make it seem like the Republicans are trying to suppress votes! 

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

A lobbyist is anyone who petitions the government to do things in the way that they want. I could be a lobbyist if I started trying to campaign to get the government to do things in the manner that I want them to. It doesn't mean that the Republicans are therefore engaging in widespread voter suppression. Neither Wohl nor Burkman had any role within the Republican party to change laws or create policies, let alone contributed to any Republican push to suppress votes! 

The voter suppression claims are largely bunk. The biggest example is the Georgia voting controversy, it was HUGE in the media. They even moved a baseball game to another city in protest of this alleged voter suppression. But if you look at videos such as the one below (and this is just one example) it's absolutely obvious that this is NOT voter suppression and it's just a bunch of lies by the democrats to make it seem like the Republicans are trying to suppress votes! 

<Shrugs> So a court conviction of two Republicans for voter supression is not evidence that Republicans are engaged in voter supression? But broken tabulator= evidence of a vast Democrat conspiracy? 

This is why I find these forums so amusing.  The good news for me is that I just heard that Kari lake is going to appeal because a Jan Brewer (R) appointee slapping down her case was further proof that the election was rigged.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

That's the democrats talking points, most of which is bunk. 

Whichs ones are bunk, specifically? Most of these happened in my city during the last 2 election cycles. Poplling places closed. Drop boxes removed from my county until there was only 1. Early voting cut by three days. I had to re-register in 2016 becuase i was removed from voting rolls with zero notification. The robocall one is well documented from detroit, philly, and pittsburgh.

So I ask you agian, WHICH ONES ARE BUNK? Becuase i've seen each and every one happen over and over. 

Why do you have the GOP so deep in your throat, anyway? You don't even live here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

<Shrugs> So a court conviction of two Republicans for voter supression is not evidence that Republicans are engaged in voter supression? But broken tabulator= evidence of a vast Democrat conspiracy? 

I have not made this claim! Haven't said anything about Lake's case. I'm very comfortable with the decision the courts made in this instance! 

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

This is why I find these forums so amusing.  The good news for me is that I just heard that Kari lake is going to appeal because a Jan Brewer (R) appointee slapping down her case was further proof that the election was rigged.....

Maybe it's more a case of nuance - just because I'm arguing that there is no voter suppression doesn't therefore mean I'm arguing that there is widespread voter fraud. It's not an either-or argument, both can be true! 

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

I have not made this claim! Haven't said anything about Lake's case. I'm very comfortable with the decision the courts made in this instance! 

Maybe it's more a case of nuance - just because I'm arguing that there is no voter suppression doesn't therefore mean I'm arguing that there is widespread voter fraud. It's not an either-or argument, both can be true! 

My bad.  Your silence on the validity of Lake's "evidence" during the entirety of this thread and insistence on quibbling with anyone mocking the validity of the "evidence" gives the impression of tacit approval with the election conspiracy theorists and their claims.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Whichs ones are bunk, specifically? Most of these happened in my city during the last 2 election cycles. Poplling places closed. Drop boxes removed from my county until there was only 1. Early voting cut by three days. I had to re-register in 2016 becuase i was removed from voting rolls with zero notification. The robocall one is well documented from detroit, philly, and pittsburgh.

So I ask you agian, WHICH ONES ARE BUNK? Becuase i've seen each and every one happen over and over. 

Depends on the reasons for all these things. For example, many places changed/amended the rules during the Pandemic to institute extra drop boxes. Then the Republicans walked back that particular rule after the Pandemic was over, and democrats claimed that removing these boxes was voter suppression when it was really just reverting rules back to pre-pandemic normalcy. 

Other times, the democrats simply lied about the closing of polling stations early.

I'd have to look at each individual claim you have alleged to have demonstrated voter suppression, and get back to you about the nitty-gritty. 

1 minute ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Why do you have the GOP so deep in your throat, anyway? You don't even live here. 

The Republicans care about freedom in a way that the democrats simply have not shown they care. If the democrats could have chosen a better candidate than Joe Biden I could have easily found myself supporting them instead. If they ran with either Tulsi Gabbard or Pete Buttigieg as president I would have supported them over the Republicans in 2020. But they chose Joe Biden! 

2 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Republican gerrymandering says hi. I'm not going to add a link. You'd just accuse me of cherry picking sources. You can look for yourself. Do try to do some honest searching. If you truly aren't bias, it should open your eyes.

If it doesn't, then you're a lost cause like and then. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Depends on the reasons for all these things. For example, many places changed/amended the rules during the Pandemic to institute extra drop boxes. Then the Republicans walked back that particular rule after the Pandemic was over, and democrats claimed that removing these boxes was voter suppression when it was really just reverting rules back to pre-pandemic normalcy. 

Other times, the democrats simply lied about the closing of polling stations early.

I'd have to look at each individual claim you have alleged to have demonstrated voter suppression, and get back to you about the nitty-gritty. 

The Republicans care about freedom in a way that the democrats simply have not shown they care. If the democrats could have chosen a better candidate than Joe Biden I could have easily found myself supporting them instead. If they ran with either Tulsi Gabbard or Pete Buttigieg as president I would have supported them over the Republicans in 2020. But they chose Joe Biden! 

You're so full of **** it's pouriung out of your mouth. You just lie (or believe blatant lies). You dont have the slightest clue what you're talking about. I have watched it happen. EVRY SINGLE YEAR we have had multiple ballot boxes across the county. Until 2016. EVERY SINGLE YEAR i have been registered to vote and not removed. Until 2016. The polling station i used EVERY SINGLE YEAR closed and i would have had to go 2 miles further and it wasn't even on a bus line. Easy for me with a car, but no so for someone who relies on public transit.

I'd go on but there isn't any point. You won't belive any of or even aknowledge it. Not that it matters cuase your uniformed opnion is just as worthless as half the other knobs here. 

Edited by Occupational Hubris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

My bad.  Your silence on the validity of Lake's "evidence" during the entirety of this thread and insistence on quibbling with anyone mocking the validity of the "evidence" gives the impression of tacit approval with the election conspiracy theorists and their claims.

I didn't have anything to add to that particular issue. There are other issues being raised that are of concern. I apologise if you got it wrong about what I believe, I thought I had been pretty clear throughout every election thread (not just this one) that I don't believe there was any widespread fraud that could have changed the outcomes of the election. Best wishes, 

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Republican gerrymandering says hi. I'm not going to add a link. You'd just accuse me of cherry picking sources. You can look for yourself. Do try to do some honest searching. If you truly aren't bias, it should open your eyes.

If it doesn't, then you're a lost cause like and then. 

Gerrymandering happens on both sides of the fence. Frankly, it blows my mind that the people who are in power are the ones who are given the responsibility of drawing district lines on a map to keep themselves in power. If you can present an alternative, this is one area I am more than happy for the government to change. 

But with that said, pretending this is a Republican issue is simply wrong. Gerrymandering happens by both parties, and to me it's just the natural conclusion of giving the people who will benefit most from drawing lines on a map the responsbility to draw those lines on the map! 

Check out "538", they put out a six-episode podcast series a few years ago on gerrymandering. 538 is a left-leaning source, so they cannot be accused of being a Republican mouthpiece. Check this link if you want to find the six-episode series, have a listen if you have time (I listened to the podcast on my daily commute to work about 18 months ago). 

18 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

You're so full of **** it's pouriung out of your mouth. You just lie (or believe blatant lies). 

Whatever you say .... 

edit: you edited your post, I only just noticed an extra two paragraphs, I withdraw my comment, but I'll reply to it later as I'm just about to do things with my family. Have fun, 

~ Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

10 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

OK, what is time limit for mail in votes to be counted?

Hi Bmk

Not being an American myself I can only speculate that the date would depend on circumstance. Last election because of covid and toilet paper shortages there may have been some non-specific instances where ballots were used for sanitary purposes. Now this is not to say any particular parties ballots were targeted for use and would think that in a democratic system that there were an equal amount of each parties ballots used which people using the paper just reached into a bin and used the first paper or two that came up. here in Canada we had our own solution and supply.

Can't find his dad's issue of TP butt here is sunny bois

Trudeau Flags 2pcs Trudeau Toilet Paper

Justin Trudeau slowly burning canada HQ Essential T-Shirt

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Nah, because it would be free.  The whole argument about voter ID was the cost to the voter.  The elderly and poor frequently don't even have cars to have a drivers license that the conservatives want to use.  The argument has always been that it was a form of Poll Tax.

Hi Gromdor

Mind if I as what age and percentage that is because me being old is subjective and know a lot of people my age and older that have a license, car and insurance in my country and am suprised to hear that one of the wealthiest nations in the world has such poor living standards than I am experiencing. My comment is not based on research of the "old" in my country because I do not have parameters to gauge by?

By the way Seasons Greetings to you and UM members and all the best to all of you and not mostly all of you.

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Gromdor

Mind if I as what age and percentage that is because me being old is subjective and know a lot of people my age and older that have a license, car and insurance in my country and am suprised to hear that one of the wealthiest nations in the world has such poor living standards than I am experiencing. My comment is not based on research of the "old" in my country because I do not have parameters to gauge by?

By the way Seasons Greetings to you and UM members and all the best to all of you and not mostly all of you.

My uncle for one.  He is 72 and his wife passed away so I moved him here to Iowa.  He can't drive and we had to schedule an appointment with the DMV with a few months wait list for him to get an Iowa ID.  The delay was because of Covid- but it was a delay none the less.

Google says it is 11% that don't have picture IDs: PolitiFact | Rep. Marcia Fudge says 11 percent of eligible voters lack a government ID

I've lived a good chunk of my life overseas in other countries.  The people we have here living in trailer parks and in the slums are the same as people in other countries.  Just because we are the richest country in the world it doesn't mean that the populace shares the wealth.  I've known people that ate nothing but ramen noodles, had no car (and thus no job), and nothing but debt.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

My uncle for one.  He is 72 and his wife passed away so I moved him here to Iowa.  He can't drive and we had to schedule an appointment with the DMV with a few months wait list for him to get an Iowa ID.  The delay was because of Covid- but it was a delay none the less.

Google says it is 11% that don't have picture IDs: PolitiFact | Rep. Marcia Fudge says 11 percent of eligible voters lack a government ID

I've lived a good chunk of my life overseas in other countries.  The people we have here living in trailer parks and in the slums are the same as people in other countries.  Just because we are the richest country in the world it doesn't mean that the populace shares the wealth.  I've known people that ate nothing but ramen noodles, had no car (and thus no job), and nothing but debt.

Hi Gromdor

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I eat noodles with fried eggs and hot sauce  with bean sprouts for breakfast most mornings so that doesn't mean much in my world. I am 69 and have 2 cars a jeep commander and a caddy srx so not sure you have given a firm rebuttal considering that I explain myself as low income to many asking for money information. I don't vote nor do I exploit/use politics for and excuse for my percieved situation, I make things work just like I have for decades. People don't need to know every detail of your life and most don't give it as not only are we social but we invest in our future and do not let leaches know there is blood in the vein so to speak. if 11%b of your elderly cannot drive is no surprise and doubt money would change that. Where I live if I gave up my independence for the convenience of having a 9" foot projector screen in my living room which I already have and a bunch of drunk old foggies crying about the good old days instead left of living the days the have then oh well. I was banned from having a license for many years (not that that made a difference when confronted in court) and yet still made business work even if I ate the cost. Give up, cry and complain each of us has the choice to do better.

9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Gromdor

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I eat noodles with fried eggs and hot sauce  with bean sprouts for breakfast most mornings so that doesn't mean much in my world. I am 69 and have 2 cars a jeep commander and a caddy srx so not sure you have given a firm rebuttal considering that I explain myself as low income to many asking for money information. I don't vote nor do I exploit/use politics for and excuse for my percieved situation, I make things work just like I have for decades. People don't need to know every detail of your life and most don't give it as not only are we social but we invest in our future and do not let leaches know there is blood in the vein so to speak. if 11%b of your elderly cannot drive is no surprise and doubt money would change that. Where I live if I gave up my independence for the convenience of having a 9" foot projector screen in my living room which I already have and a bunch of drunk old foggies crying about the good old days instead left of living the days the have then oh well. I was banned from having a license for many years (not that that made a difference when confronted in court) and yet still made business work even if I ate the cost. Give up, cry and complain each of us has the choice to do better.

It was pride that did my aunt and uncle in.  They lived on an acreage in a house that was as old as they were.  Old houses need repairs and repairs cost more than Social Security. So my uncle got a job delivering cafeteria food to the local school districts.  Old people shouldn't be lifting heavy boxes.  Two of his vertebrae in his spine disintegrated and he woke up one morning unable to walk.  He's gotten surgery since then and can pull himself along in a walker but driving was out. That was back in his early 60's.  His wafe had cancer but she refused treatment because they couldn't afford it, didn't want to beg rides,  and she didn't like how chemo made her feel the last time.  Needless to say she ended up dying from it.  They were so far in debt that they were using their credit cards to pay off the interest they accrued for the month.  They used to have two cars but ended up selling both for food money. Their finance plan was to just die.  It worked for the aunt but the disabled uncle was left holding the bag.  Sad story, but hardly unique here in America.

As for the 11% number- That is the number of people in the US who don't have photo IDs.  Not just the elderly.  

Regarding the noodles-  you truly splurge.  The fellow I know couldn't afford eggs but would steal hot sauce to put in it when I felt pity for him and fed him lunch at a fast food restaraunt.  But eating 15 cent ramen noodles every meal, every day, is not something I could do.   I watched him eat nothing but frozen popsicles for a week.  He lost 10 pounds.  Now I am kind of curious whatever happened to him.  Hmm.. A quick google check finds him living in an apartment down in Des Moines.  No wife or kids after all these years either.  If he is the same as before, he should have five or so roomates so they can afford rent.

Don't get me wrong- I learned from all these experiences.  I saved, I invested, and I am pretty set to live comfortably in my retirement.  But all that is because I have personally witnessed how pitiful and hopeless the cricumstances some people are in and I shake my head at those who think nothing bad will ever happen to them to ruin their lives like it has the these people.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Bmk

Not being an American myself I can only speculate that the date would depend on circumstance. Last election because of covid and toilet paper shortages there may have been some non-specific instances where ballots were used for sanitary purposes. Now this is not to say any particular parties ballots were targeted for use and would think that in a democratic system that there were an equal amount of each parties ballots used which people using the paper just reached into a bin and used the first paper or two that came up. here in Canada we had our own solution and supply.

Can't find his dad's issue of TP butt here is sunny bois

Trudeau Flags 2pcs Trudeau Toilet Paper

Justin Trudeau slowly burning canada HQ Essential T-Shirt

I want that TP!

Heck, TP with Trudeau's blackface would be a seller :lol:

On the serious note, changing game rules, whether koof, or not, isn't healthy, so to speak, especially having in mind this

0536HC.00_00_40_05.Still001.jpg?w=1280

and this

1644294439297_now_topstory_pth_abrams_22

and many other instances.

Efin' clown world...

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

[...]

As for the 11% number- That is the number of people in the US who don't have photo IDs.  Not just the elderly.  

[...]

If you can't manage to get ID/passport, you can't vote. Simple.

How hard is to call taxi and drive to department that issue ID/passport? Why asking ID/passport to board the plane is mandatory, and is ok, but asking ID/passport during voting is some sort of racisism, agephobia, whatever, etc? If elderly can't get ID/passport by themselves (don't have kids), I'm pretty sure social workers (or even neighbors "Hi, Maggy, I'll drive you to get/renew your ID") can help with that.

• Confused 3