Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Kari Lake Files Lawsuit in Bid to Overturn Arizona Election Defeat

Portre

11 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Your "evidence" for voter suppression is over 20 years out of date! I'm talking about USA 2022, not what happened to you in the pre-internet era!

What the hell are you even talking about?  When did I say anything about voter suppression?  You asked about a state where you had to show ID to vote, I gave an answer.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 9:10 PM, Gromdor said:

32% of the tabulators broke because 14 ballots were the wrong size?

The count was of randomly selected ballots from several areas.  There were nearly 40% of the ballots chosen that were misprints that would not be read.  I remember hearing early in the day that Maricopa had massive lines and hours of delay in some areas.  Ignore it if you like, I don't care.  Her team demonstrated that AZ election laws were broken and that alone should have invalidated the "win".  I'll say it again and then I'm done.  Only hypocrites make excuses for overlooking laws being broken in our elections. 

Half the nation already has a growing mistrust of elections and every time we get another obvious situation where irregularities pop up that oddly enough always benefit the Democrat, that distrust grows.  When it reaches a tipping point, millions will simply drop out of the process and we'll become a one party state - exactly what the Dems are striving for.  What they don't seem to care about is the total loss of respect for laws they enact.  There will be backlash when thousands of people simply ignore new laws and those who push them.  The only way Dems "win" in that scenario is if they build camps for all the lawbreakers.  Yeah, it is that serious.  This country began as a nation of laws.  Today we see a very obvious bias for a single political group and the day will come when that group pushes so far that people stand up and join together to just tell them NO.  

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

What the hell are you even talking about?  When did I say anything about voter suppression?  You asked about a state where you had to show ID to vote, I gave an answer.

What I asked was for a State that required a paid photo ID in order to vote! Your choice of reply was that once in the 90s (at the latest, I don't know how old you are, this might have been the 60s or 70s or 80s, as far as I know) you didn't know that you needed to bring a Utilities bill or similar to your voting station! 

If you weren't sharing this story to demonstrate your opinion on what is voter suppression in action, then I don't understand the purpose of your anecdote! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and-then said:

The count was of randomly selected ballots from several areas.  There were nearly 40% of the ballots chosen that were misprints that would not be read.  I remember hearing early in the day that Maricopa had massive lines and hours of delay in some areas.  Ignore it if you like, I don't care.  Her team demonstrated that AZ election laws were broken and that alone should have invalidated the "win".  I'll say it again and then I'm done.  Only hypocrites make excuses for overlooking laws being broken in our elections. 

Half the nation already has a growing mistrust of elections and every time we get another obvious situation where irregularities pop up that oddly enough always benefit the Democrat, that distrust grows.  When it reaches a tipping point, millions will simply drop out of the process and we'll become a one party state - exactly what the Dems are striving for.  What they don't seem to care about is the total loss of respect for laws they enact.  There will be backlash when thousands of people simply ignore new laws and those who push them.  The only way Dems "win" in that scenario is if they build camps for all the lawbreakers.  Yeah, it is that serious.  This country began as a nation of laws.  Today we see a very obvious bias for a single political group and the day will come when that group pushes so far that people stand up and join together to just tell them NO.  

That's nice and all but she didn't go to court for that.  She went to court with the claim she had evidence to prove she should be governor.  People had to wait, but they got to vote.  The procedures couldn't be followed, but that's more because Arizona is inept at doing elections rather than wrongdoing.   The judge was appointed by Republican governor Janet Brewer.  How much more do you need?

In the end you need to decide if you are a law and order guy or not.  Yes, the law governing the procedures was broken.  The punishment required by that law was enacted- none.  To seek to overturn the election is punishment beyond what the law states is on the level of vigilantism and not following the rule of law.  Doubly so because a Republican appointed judge just confirmed it.

• Like 3

On 12/26/2022 at 1:48 AM, O. G. Wotasnozzle said:

It doesn't matter if it's a dollar every half-century. Poll taxes in any guise are illegal, full stop. And at least in my backwards state IDs and DLs expire every FOUR years so it's a lot more time and $$$ than you keep insisting.

If you don't care for the laws come to the US (yeah, right), become a citizen, and work to change the laws to your liking.

Or just maybe you could put your efforts into making sure anyone who meets the legal criteria can get a voter ID without an extra charge and without hoop-jumping, no matter which state they live in. But that might let the, uh, "wrong" people vote ... yes?

OK, who are eligible to vote? Citizens, from age 18 (was 21 before 1970smthng). Am I right so far? Now, how you prove you are citizen?

• Confused 1

On 12/26/2022 at 2:31 AM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I frequently drive 50 or more miles and spend at least $100 or more around 20 times a month for enjoyment alone, but I am 64 years young maybe that's why it seems normal to me.:D However, overall your point you point is very valid and I agree with you!:yes:

Nature wrecker... Haven't you heard? We are in climate change crysis... :lol:

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2022 at 8:27 PM, stereologist said:

Driving a car is not a right. It is a privilege.

Voting is a constitutional right.

So bearing arms. Isn't it? To my knowledge, in latter case IDs are required.

On 12/29/2022 at 4:57 AM, Paranoid Android said:

I can't prove a negative! You're the one who is claiming that such voting requirements are suppression,  if your definition of voter suppression is so loose,  then anything can be voter suppression! Not allowing political parties to give out bottled water at voting stations is probably voter suppression to you too, with such loose definitions!

Your "evidence" for voter suppression is over 20 years out of date! I'm talking about USA 2022, not what happened to you in the pre-internet era!

Of course you made no effort to support your statements.

Here is what you wrote: "I think the main issue is describing such a situation as "voter suppression" when it's clearly nothing of the sort!  "

All of what you posted here is you failing to support your statement. So it is chalked up to being a falsehood.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

OK, who are eligible to vote? Citizens, from age 18 (was 21 before 1970smthng). Am I right so far? Now, how you prove you are citizen?

You don't.  When you register to vote, the state usually checks for itself.

40 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

IDs are not required to bear arms,  There are many states that don't require a permit.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Voting is the topic of the discussion. It is a right. As I mentioned before driving is a privilege, not a right.

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You don't.  When you register to vote, the state usually checks for itself.

[...]

How state usually checks for itself?

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

[...]

IDs are not required to bear arms,  There are many states that don't require a permit.  

Really? I'll have to re-check info.

12 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Voting is the topic of the discussion. It is a right. As I mentioned before driving is a privilege, not a right.

Again, right for citizen. Where is proof voter is a citizen?

Edited by bmk1245

There was ammendment (26th if I remember correctly) to change voting age from 21 to 18. Whats the problem with ammendment requiring ID for voting?

Heck, 14 year olds are citizens, why they aren't allowed to vote? What about 12 year olds? What constitution say about that? Does constitution forbids 10 year olds to vote?

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

Nature wrecker... Haven't you heard? We are in climate change crysis... :lol:

Well, I understand and believe that, yet my SUV is a Hybrid so my choices are as good as they get. I almost bought Tesla, but they actually have issues with far to many unexplainable fires, and I am speaking of Car parked then spontaneous combustion so I didn’t buy ozone!:lol:

4 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well, I understand and believe that, yet my SUV is a Hybrid so my choices are as good as they get. I almost bought Tesla, but they actually have issues with far to many unexplainable fires, and I am speaking of Car parked then spontaneous combustion so I didn’t buy ozone!:lol:

C'mon man, bicycle. Heck, when I ride my bike to/from work on the icy roads/pavements, I see homemade rickshaws/trailers attached to bikes and parents bringing their offsprings wherever they have to be. And thats on the icy roads!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Again, right for citizen. Where is proof voter is a citizen?

I already answered- never.  The state checks for itself off your voter registration.  That is basically the list of people that the state recognizes is eligible to vote.  In my entire life, I have never been asked to show that I am a citizen to vote.

11 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

There was ammendment (26th if I remember correctly) to change voting age from 21 to 18. Whats the problem with ammendment requiring ID for voting?

Heck, 14 year olds are citizens, why they aren't allowed to vote? What about 12 year olds? What constitution say about that? Does constitution forbids 10 year olds to vote?

Nothing stops people from changing the voting age to 12 or whatever.  People just don't want to ammend the law to do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I already answered- never.  The state checks for itself off your voter registration.  That is basically the list of people that the state recognizes is eligible to vote.  In my entire life, I have never been asked to show that I am a citizen to vote.[...]

OK, if I say I'm Tetuchen Bibentian, sole old senile man somewhere, and someone votes in my name, how the **** you will distinguish Mponga Dedunga from Tetuchen Bibentian without ID?

[...]

Nothing stops people from changing the voting age to 12 or whatever.  People just don't want to ammend the law to do that.

Eh, people are smart not to allow 12/14/16 olds vote. 12/14/16 olds are dumb. Period

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

OK, if I say I'm Tetuchen Bibentian, sole old senile man somewhere, and someone votes in my name, how the **** you will distinguish Mponga Dedunga from Tetuchen Bibentian without ID?

You don't.  But if  Mponga Dedung went to all the effort to learn about Tetuchen Bibentian and steal his identity, he will have a fake ID. There is no photo database to compare the picture to.  The illegal aliens here have fake IDs/Social Security cards to work in the meat packing plants.  They are smart enough not to vote or do things to draw attntion to themselves.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

You sound confused. You might want to learn US history to gain insight into your questions.

You don't.  But if  Mponga Dedung went to all the effort to learn about Tetuchen Bibentian and steal his identity, he will have a fake ID. There is no photo database to compare the picture to.  The illegal aliens here have fake IDs/Social Security cards to work in the meat packing plants.  They are smart enough not to vote or do things to draw attntion to themselves.

What ID to fake if person don't have ID?

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You sound confused. You might want to learn US history to gain insight into your questions.

Any references I can do it?

Just now, bmk1245 said:

What ID to fake if person don't have ID?

Exactly.

Better question is what ID to fake in states that require voter ID as there is nothing to compare the ID to for vailidity.

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Exactly.

Better question is what ID to fake in states that require voter ID as there is nothing to compare the ID to for vailidity.

Good question, So what kind of document is valid for voting? Birth certificate?

This voter ID stuff made me curious about my state, Ohio.

I've always just used my driver license but it appears you could also use a bank statement, utility bill, paycheck or government check 

https://www.ohiosos.gov/elections/voters/id-requirements/

• Like 1