Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queensland shooting: Two police officers, and member of public, killed at remote property

Still Waters

There is evidence Train was a dedicated educator up to the point he lost physical contact - while maintaining verbal contact - with loved ones in October last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news.com.au/news/qld/who-is-nathaniel-train-respected-regional-school-principal-to-evil-police-killer-c-9144306.amp

Two brothers and it sounds like one was married. 

I wonder what made these three snap like that. Going from school principal to cold blooded murderer. 

By the sound of it, it was suicide by police. This is a very bizzaire case. I suspect the investigation will be lengthy.

A terrible day for our police forces. My thoughts are with them.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Firstly, this is such a sad situation for everyone involved. 

But to link this shooting to "conspiracy theories" is a bit crazy, especially the Port Arthur massacre, considering the anomalies in that case.

I'd say he was a paranoid person, who seems to think he was being "gang-stalked" by phone calls and drones. What I've seen from people claiming to be gang stalked has convinced me it is a symptom of mental illness. 

But, 4 cops for someone reported as a missing person? I've been reported as a missing person once. Even after the cops spoke to me on the phone, they still had to meet me in person before they would remove me from the list. I called my lawyer and met 1 cop with my lawyer present.

But 4 cops for what was expected to be a routine missing person case? You guys got too many cops in Oz? Or is that standard practice? 

Edited by Knob Oddy

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

But to link this shooting to "conspiracy theories" is a bit crazy, especially the Port Arthur massacre, considering the anomalies in that case.

I'd say he was a paranoid person, who seems to think he was being "gang-stalked" by phone calls and drones. What I've seen from people claiming to be gang stalked has convinced me it is a symptom of mental illness. 

But, 4 cops for someone reported as a missing person? I've been reported as a missing person once. Even after the cops spoke to me on the phone, they still had to meet me in person before they would remove me from the list. I called my lawyer and met 1 cop with my lawyer present.

But 4 cops for what was expected to be a routine missing person case? You guys got too many cops in Oz? Or is that standard practice? 

Did you miss the bit where they were rookies from different stations?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

Anomalies?

This is how these insane situations start out. Dumb paranoid conspiracy theories regarding dat ebil gubbermint. 

Very young people died on a routine rural check. Because some paranoid whackjob didn't know when to stop with the stupid. 

I grew up on a farm west of Chinchilla. I know the area and communities. These are tiny farming towns. Government conspiracy is beyond dumb. How a teacher could fall for such idiocy is more the mystery here. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Four cops AAND a quick response by SERT implies to me that someone suspected they were going to “Crazy John’s” and so went  mob handed. The locals must have known that the landowner was a “bit odd” and had SERT on standby.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It's looking like this execution may have been premeditated.

Police investigate whether shooting rampage in rural Queensland was premeditated

The ambush shooting of police officers by people in camo who hate the police may have been premeditated? No **** Sherlock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The ambush shooting of police officers by people in camo who hate the police may have been premeditated? No **** Sherlock. 

Details are being released slowly. It wasn't confirmed they were wearing Camo on last night's news due to ongoing investigation. They are searching the property for booby traps. 

Remember a neighbour was also executed in cold blood. These people were well over the edge ready to kill anyone. My ex actually went to school with the slain neighbour. 

This entire tragedy is a complete mystery.

Nothing indicates that they expected the reaction they received. 

• Like 3

I can't help but thinking that the police are not the correct people to look into a missing person case in these circumstances.

Surely whomever reported him missing knew that he had a distrust of police and thought that his neighbors were spying on him on behalf of the police or other agency. If it was an ex wife who reported him, it might be the exact outcome a scorned woman wanted.

Its like a self forfilling prophecy, where the deluded individuals actually get their beliefs reinforced because the police are now jumping their fence uninvited. 

I can't help but think someone like a social worker could have recieved a less hostile reaction, and could have confirmed that the man is not missing. Its not like he committed crimes prior to police arriving on his property 

52 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I can't help but thinking that the police are not the correct people to look into a missing person case in these circumstances.

Surely whomever reported him missing knew that he had a distrust of police and thought that his neighbors were spying on him on behalf of the police or other agency. If it was an ex wife who reported him, it might be the exact outcome a scorned woman wanted.

Its like a self forfilling prophecy, where the deluded individuals actually get their beliefs reinforced because the police are now jumping their fence uninvited. 

I can't help but think someone like a social worker could have recieved a less hostile reaction, and could have confirmed that the man is not missing. Its not like he committed crimes prior to police arriving on his property 

Do you just read headlines and then make the rest up? Pun intended.

NSW police asked them to check for Train, who hadn't been seen by family since December 2021, but was occasionally in phone contact, and was reported as a missing person.

A risk assessment (standard proceedure) was filled out before the officers went to the property. 

A social worker? The executed a neighbour. 

This is where these dat ebil gubbermint CTs end up. These idiots actually believed that the government was spying on them. 

• Thanks 3

What a legacy to leave.

Three of the most hated people in the country at the moment. 

Remembered as cowards who had little grasp on reality.

So much for their stupid values and pride. If they thought they would ever been seen as heroes, them it just shows how incredibly unbalanced these people actually were 

I hope the investigation reveals any similarly mentally unbalanced people they may have been in contact with so that they are dealt with before anything like this can happen again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

it just shows how incredibly unbalanced these people actually were 

He was from Dubbo 101, Dubbo :w00t:.

Just now, openozy said:

Can you elaborate ?

Ok, lol. I did spend some quality time there to be fair, lol

17 hours ago, psyche101 said:

NSW police asked them to check for Train, who hadn't been seen by family since December 2021, but was occasionally in phone contact, and was reported as a missing person.

A risk assessment (standard proceedure) was filled out before the officers went to the property. 

A social worker? The executed a neighbour. 

This is where these dat ebil gubbermint CTs end up. These idiots actually believed that the government was spying on them. 

So "family" contacted NSW police to report one of the Train brothers missing, but not the other? What family could that be? Maybe a ex wife...

A risk assessment was conducted? For a missing person report?  The risk assessment must have been for turning up at the property. 

A social worker? They executed a neighbor? AFTER POLICE HAD JUMPED THEIR FENCE. 

Let's not forget, the police had no warrant and the Train brothers had no charges pending. Let's face it, anything short of an ambush would have been a less hostile response then what actually happened that day.

But you think we should send multiple police officers to people who think the police are targeting them unfairly? Putting everyone in danger?

And the ebil gubberment comment you make is asinine, governments can become evil very quickly. Make 2 classes of citizens, classify aboriginal peoples as fauna, etc. If you dismiss that fact you clearly haven't read a history book. Yes, Australian governments have been evil in the past, and most probably will be in the future.

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

So "family" contacted NSW police to report one of the Train brothers missing, but not the other? What family could that be? Maybe a ex wife...

Yes it was family from NSW. 

His ex wife was now with his brother. They died all together. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news.com.au/national/queensland/news/cop-killers-in-strange-love-triangle-as-locals-say-train-brothers-used-ice/news-story/35b2d63b454e8c964abad47a15477347%3famp

You just don't read articles do you? It's just like I said isn't it. You read a headline and make the rest up.

A risk assessment was conducted? For a missing person report?  The risk assessment must have been for turning up at the property. 

It's standard proceedure. Pretty much everywhere these days 

Even in construction we have to do risk assessments before starting a job. 

Try keeping up.  It's almost 2023 you know. 

A social worker? They executed a neighbor? AFTER POLICE HAD JUMPED THEIR FENCE. 

They executed a neighbour because police jumped the fence? 

You see that's as somehow justified? What's they neighbours crime? Being concerned? 

Let's not forget, the police had no warrant and the Train brothers had no charges pending. Let's face it, anything short of an ambush would have been a less hostile response then what actually happened that day.

Read the timelines 

The police were ambushed. The trio drew them out there.

And they were cooking ice. You really feel these people were fine citizens or something? 

But you think we should send multiple police officers to people who think the police are targeting them unfairly? Putting everyone in danger?

Yes, 100%. 

Nobody was in danger expect police who were set up for execution, sending rookies out to a remote property is not threatening. If you think that's the case then you have serious issues. 

And the ebil gubberment comment you make is asinine,

Not so much as your commentary.

governments can become evil very quickly. Make 2 classes of citizens, classify aboriginal peoples as fauna, etc. If you dismiss that fact you clearly haven't read a history book. Yes, Australian governments have been evil in the past, and most probably will be in the future.

Living in the past is what you're doing, not recognising it.

You're doing it backwards 

It sounds like you support these drug making conspiracy theory driven mental cases. 

• Like 2

Wow. You guys talking more gun control now? 

After all the praise you guys have for the last law, you should be so happy for this one!

Am I starting to see a pattern ?

-have a shooting,

-ban more guns,

-all aussies feel warm and happy that those guns have been banned

-repeat every 25-30 years

4 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Wow. You guys talking more gun control now? 

After all the praise you guys have for the last law, you should be so happy for this one!

Am I starting to see a pattern ?

-have a shooting,

-ban more guns,

-all aussies feel warm and happy that those guns have been banned

-repeat every 25-30 years

You were commenting about how you read a lot of uninformed posts.  Naturally you read your posts more than any other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1