Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot researcher claims creature may pose a risk to human life

UM-Bot

Probably also spreads Covid-19.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Probably also spreads Covid-19.

What?  Seriously?  I myself have been chastised for posting while drinking and now you do it?  Sigh.  The world is so hard sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Imran S said:

Bigfoot/UFO’s/Aliens/Reptillian’s/Ghost’s etc are all Jinn.

Can you provide anything to back that up?  Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the Jinn basically demons?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

ahh the SCP 2000 hypothesis, interesting. 

Never heard of it, what is it?

A long time ago a man named Rene Descartes spoke of an encounter with a demon - from a thought experiment.  Some people claim this is what inspired Einstein, who was known for doing thought experiments.  Anyway, Descartes thought experiment was interesting in that it allowed for the possibility of evil demons who could deceive the mind.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Never heard of it, what is it?

SCP Foundation is a creepy pasta about unusual, impossible things. SCP 2000 is the “catalogue” (the stories are told as if they’re records from a secret organisation) number for Yeti/Bigfoot - within the nebulous SCP Foundation canon Bigfoot carry a virus that affects humans, making us violent and stupid. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

SCP Foundation is a creepy pasta about unusual, impossible things. SCP 2000 is the “catalogue” (the stories are told as if they’re records from a secret organisation) number for Yeti/Bigfoot - within the nebulous SCP Foundation canon Bigfoot carry a virus that affects humans, making us violent and stupid. 

Thank you for the explanation Sir Wearer of Hats.

The imagination can be deadly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, it's been another weekend out in the deep bush of the PNW and still no footie.

Nothing on camera, no prints, no scat, no hair, no howls/screams, no prints....nothing.

He must be really good at tag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A self-proclaimed Bigfoot expert maintains that there is the potential for Bigfoot to kill or abduct people.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/362667/bigfoot-researcher-claims-creature-may-pose-a-risk-to-human-life

This is distinctly likely and potentially no laughing matter.  If there is one or more species of large, intelligent and elusive primate in North America, they may well abduct and consume people.  The fact that people vanish from the North American wilderness in unexplained ways every year may well be partially accounted for by this.

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

A long time ago a man named Rene Descartes spoke of an encounter with a demon - from a thought experiment.  Some people claim this is what inspired Einstein, who was known for doing thought experiments.  Anyway, Descartes thought experiment was interesting in that it allowed for the possibility of evil demons who could deceive the mind.

That wasn't actually the point of Descartes' thought experiment, but rather that, even in a situation where all information could be subject to tampering by an utterly inimical force, the fact that the subject is able to think and reason is proof of the subject's existence.  Descartes believed this to be self evident stating it as proof of "cogito ergo sum", but a nihilistic Buddhist might not agree with this conclusion, given that all mental states are transient, and indeed existence itself is transient.

• Thanks 1

When i was a kid in the 70s my grandmother loved paranormal stuff but i guess that where i got my skepticism from.

Albert Ostman was a fun case as i child i wondered and gmom said to me if they were real and kidnapped people why is this guy the only one taken and had nothing to back up his story he didnt tell for decades.

It wasnt until i got online and looked deeper into the AO case did i learn the full story, if you are bored and have interest study it past the basic edited version found on bigfoot shows and books.

AO went seeking riches he crapped out and in turn many years later made up a colorful story and if one reads the unedited accounts AO makes claims to ideas like the BF wanted him as a "sex slave/breeder" it goes on but bottom line like gmom said why was he the only one abducted and why zero proof? Because AO made it up, BF do not exist.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 4:38 PM, UM-Bot said:

A self-proclaimed Bigfoot expert maintains that there is the potential for Bigfoot to kill or abduct people.

for someone to claim they are an expert in something like this are obviously mad enough not to realize how stupid they sound

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

for someone to claim they are an expert in something like this are obviously mad enough not to realize how stupid they sound

Ive always had a hard time with self proclaimed experts about stuff that has zero to support it exists, then i realize in a way for example people like anne rice is an expert on vampires george romero is a zombie expert but that is admitted fiction they make it up as they go and it dawned on me thats just what experts in things like bigfoot, ghosts ufo=aliens do they make it up as they go and then enter the madness you speak of they do not feel stupid they feel we are the ones who are "stupid." They do not know they live in delusion. I wonder if its blissful.

fantasysmiley.gif.35184db1d82a72851afc160146824eb2.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Ive always had a hard time with self proclaimed experts about stuff that has zero to support it exists, then i realize in a way for example people like anne rice is an expert on vampires george romero is a zombie expert but that is admitted fiction they make it up as they go and it dawned on me thats just what experts in things like bigfoot, ghosts ufo=aliens do they make it up as they go and then enter the madness you speak of they do not feel stupid they feel we are the ones who are "stupid." They do not know they live in delusion. I wonder if its blissful.

fantasysmiley.gif.35184db1d82a72851afc160146824eb2.gif

i'm an amazing guitarist, composer... but i know that's fiction:wacko: still, no harm in believing;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The absolute last thing I'd worry about when doing anything in the outdoors would be a footie attack.  Then again, I don't worry about confronting a griffin either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd be more worried about crazy humans running around than Big foot. Would I want to meet one face to face, no. However, I might take some fruit along and leave an apple here or there as some sort of peace offering. Leave me alone ,and i 'll leave you alone. Could they have abducted people yes, it is possible, we just don't know. I think if you leave them alone, they won't bother you. Beside, there are other creatures and spirits in the woods beside Bigfoot. They catch some weird stuff on trail cams, and I think Bigfoot is the least of peoples worries.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Most of these so called experts have never been in the real wilderness much less 40,50 or 100 miles out in the wilderness before you dismiss Bigfoot sightings as pure folly get out from behind your screen and experience it for yourself. Nobody ever accomplished anything sitting inside on their butts belittling others.
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

I'd be more worried about crazy humans running around than Big foot. Would I want to meet one face to face, no. However, I might take some fruit along and leave an apple here or there as some sort of peace offering. Leave me alone ,and i 'll leave you alone. Could they have abducted people yes, it is possible, we just don't know. I think if you leave them alone, they won't bother you. Beside, there are other creatures and spirits in the woods beside Bigfoot. They catch some weird stuff on trail cams, and I think Bigfoot is the least of peoples worries.

Not sure what weird stuff caught on camera you are talking about but as far as BF goes and no i dont think it exists but if it did it wouldnt be human it would likely be closer to a great ape and great apes really do not welcome people into their living area, but all that is just a case in point why it doesnt exist.

However like you i would be far more concerned with known creatures and especially odd ball humans out there.

A few years back i was driving a vw trike home through fl about 100 miles it was country roads with lots of bear crossing signs and late at night i actually got a bit unnerved what if my scoot broke down at the road side would a bear give me a hard time, thats reality BF isnt.

• Like 3