Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot researcher claims creature may pose a risk to human life

UM-Bot

3 hours ago, Tonedog45 said:

I might have to take a trip there. 

It's worth your time, but seriously, you must be armed for Bear and Wolves with spray and a handgun, I always carried a 44 Auto Magnum, one of the most powerful handguns out there, according to Clint Eastwood!:D I am serious about the handgun, no joke! :tu:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't understand what you are saying here "and those attributed to sasquatch follow a nearly straight line pattern with little variation".   Are you saying their foot prints are left footprint directly in front of right foot print instead of left ahead and a bit to the left of the right footprint?

Yes, that is what I’m saying.

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

I never claimed that sasquatch was Gigantopithecus.

So why even bring it up since the paucity of fossils for an extinct hominid which shares absolutely nothing analogous with an alleged extant large hominid that allegedly shares a continent with hundreds of millions of human beings for thousands of years without leaving a whiff of confirming biological evidence? 

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

And further, Giganto does prove that very large apes have been discovered in the fossil record.  

Great!  Where's the footie fossils then?  Or pieces parts of them?  Or bones?  Or skulls?  Or furs in the Native-American/First Nations lodges?  Or road-killed footie bodies?  Or hunter-killed footie corpses?

Edited by Resume
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Resume said:

So why even bring it up since the paucity of fossils for an extinct hominid which shares absolutely nothing analogous with an alleged extant large hominid that allegedly shares a continent with hundreds of millions of human beings for thousands of years without leaving a whiff of confirming biological evidence? 

Great!  Where's the footie fossils then?  Or pieces parts of them?  Or bones?  Or skulls?  Or furs in the Native-American/First Nations lodges?  Or road-killed footie bodies?  Or hunter-killed footie corpses?

Where’s the skeletons, skulls or bones from the remains of the red-haired giants found in Lovelock cave?

PS.  Do you have any idea how snotty your tone is?  You just really relish having your perceived high ground don’t you?  Don’t expect much out of me in terms of any responses to my posts that you’ve been quoting.  It seems to me you’re trying to pick right up where your buddy 13 Bats left off.  So stick it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Where’s the skeletons, skulls or bones from the remains of the red-haired giants found in Lovelock cave?

PS.  Do you have any idea how snotty your tone is?  You just really relish having your perceived high ground don’t you?  Don’t expect much out of me in terms of any responses to my posts that you’ve been quoting.  It seems to me you’re trying to pick right up where your buddy 13 Bats left off.  So stick it.

What are you going on about? Stay on topic man.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

What are you going on about? Stay on topic man.

Did you hear what your friend asked for?  I was simply making a similar objection to the remains of the Lovelock Cave Giants, that Native Americans told of fighting, and how their remains were recovered and on public display for over twenty years before they disappeared.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I dunno?  What independent attestations to their veracity as to these claims can you provide?

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

PS.  Do you have any idea how snotty your tone is?  

Do you have any idea how butt-hurt and snowflake your whining is?

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

You just really relish having your perceived high ground don’t you?

I understand that the burden of proof rests with the claimant. That's not a perception but a logical fact.

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Don’t expect much out of me in terms of any responses to my posts that you’ve been quoting.

No worries, I've never expected much out of your responses.

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

So stick it.

There it is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Did you hear what your friend asked for?  I was simply making a similar objection to the remains of the Lovelock Cave Giants, that Native Americans told of fighting, and how their remains were recovered and on public display for over twenty years before they disappeared.

What independent attestations to their veracity as to these claims can you provide?

• Like 1

I'm guessing Wild Turkey 101.

Bull****, as usual:https://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-americas/lovelock-cave-003060

There is some debate as to the veracity of the claims made regarding the Lovelock Giants. During the initial excavations, there were reports of mummified remains being found of two red-haired giants. One was a female 6.5-feet (1.98 m) tall and the other a male over 8-feet (2.44 m) tall. However, no such evidence remains . . . 

Today, many of the original artifacts found at Lovelock (but no giants) can be viewed at a small natural history museum located in Winnemucca, Nevada.

Zero (0) giants.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Such nonsense, swallowed whole by the credulous.

ETA: I was responding to Trelane's post #330; dunno what happened.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Resume said:

What independent attestations to their veracity as to these claims can you provide?

You don’t know how to Google?

10 minutes ago, Resume said:

I'm guessing Wild Turkey 101.

No, but that drink works on a high level.  Especially if you don’t have much planned for the next day after you drink it.

46 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You don’t know how to Google?

It's not my claim; it's your burden to provide independent attestation for (snicker) giants*, Loveland, or any other. I am supremely confident you cannot provide any objective, scientific evidence for such* and I will again offer a $2000 wager, payable to the conservation charity of your choice should you provide independent scientific attestation for said giants published in any reputable, peer-reviewed, science journal.

I'll wait here.

ETA: And by giants, we should understand that we are not referencing NBA athletes or similar, but truly something beyond anomalies like Robert Wadlow, but a genuine indigenous population of "giants."

Again. I'll wait.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Guyver said:

No, but that drink works on a high level.  Especially if you don’t have much planned for the next day after you drink it.

Fine. Evan Williams 80 proof; cornier than August in Iowa.

ETA: I am now watching Kurt on SLB basement bar, and may be consuming some of his recommendations for corn likker pain killer, and in so doing, will not be responding to anything further as I do not post while pain relieved.  Have a pleasant evening everyone.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1

Does anyone here have evidence of grizzly bear remains preserved by Native Americans from the mainland that are preserved and on display in any Museum anywhere?  How about mastodon remains?  Any of the Pleistocene megafauna that we know Native Americans hunted?  

I’ll wait.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Resume said:

It's not my claim; it's your burden to provide independent attestation for (snicker) giants*, Loveland, or any other. I am supremely confident you cannot provide any objective, scientific evidence for such* and I will again offer a $2000 wager, payable to the conservation charity of your choice should you provide independent scientific attestation for said giants published in any reputable, peer-reviewed, science journal.

I'll wait here.

ETA: And by giants, we should understand that we are not referencing NBA athletes or similar, but truly something beyond anomalies like Robert Wadlow, but a genuine indigenous population of "giants."

Again. I'll wait.

So, you think scientific organizations, make a history and attestation to items in museums hundreds of year ago, and they publish peer reviewed science papers on these items that no longer exist?  Or, may exist but can’t be found?

Wow.  You have really high expectations of the world don’t you? 

Newsflash.  “Modern Science” doesn’t go around “peer reviewing” items that are lost to history.  Unless we are talking about the Antikythera Mechanism, which, may have been studied scientifically, I believe it has.  But of course, it’s whereabouts are still known….so, that’s a poor analogy isn’t it?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Guyver said:

So, you think scientific organizations, make a history and attestation to items in museums hundreds of year ago, and they publish peer reviewed science papers on these items that no longer exist?  Or, may exist but can’t be found?

Well, of course there is no independent attestations to things that do not exist.

Duh.

I do not. However, I do expect claimants to provide sufficient evidence for their claims.  That is exactly how the world works.

Newsflash.  “Modern Science” doesn’t go around “peer reviewing” items that are lost to history.

Newsflash: Peer-review happens when items are available for peer-review. Not claims, nor anecdotes, nor stories,  nor personal experience, nor feelings. Verifiable, scientifically falsifiable evidence.  Otherwise you're holding an empty sack.

Unless we are talking about the Antikythera Mechanism . . .

Yeah, that's not what we're discussing; we're discussing the lack of confirming evidence for footie, and tangentially, the red herring of giants that you attempted to smuggle into the conversation.

This non-sequitur nonsense is hilarious.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Does anyone here have evidence of grizzly bear remains preserved by Native Americans from the mainland that are preserved and on display in any Museum anywhere?  

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2016/07/20/grizzly-sacred-tribes-poses-challenges/87168948/

http://indians.org/articles/grizzly-bear.html

Many Indians feared the grizzly bear but still they hunted the large bears for food, clothing, and even jewelry. Claws were made into necklaces and often worn hanging from their waistband.  Because of the Indians' beliefs that the bear had some spiritual power, wearing a bear claw necklace would mean protection and good health to the Indian wearing it.

History and Ritual Honoring of the Monarch Bear

The Monarch Bear was killed in May of 1911, in order to put him out of the great misery he was living in with arthritis and old age. His pelt, skull, and feet were stuffed by a taxidermist and placed on exhibit in the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate park at that time. The rest of his body was buried in Golden Gate Park. Subsequently, after six months of negotiations the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, at UC Berkeley, was successfully granted the bear's remains by Golden Gate Park. The bear was ethumed and taken by Museum staff to Berkeley, where he underwent a process of what's called macination, which involves the removal of the flesh from the bones (See below, a hand-written card from the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology describing the above history).

The digging up of the Monarch Bear's bones and their being placed in cold storage at the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology in order to prevent their deterioration, as well as the bear's pelt, skull, and claws being preserved in a glass cube in the Academy of Sciences are very disturbing and upsetting to any Native Shamanistic traditions. In Native American traditions, Celtic traditions, and other shamanistic traditions, it is held strongly that in order for the soul of a being to be able to leave this world, go to other worlds, be transformed, and re-born, its physical form needs to degenerate materially into its components (i.e. water, minerals, etc.), and be transformed by natural processes into other forms including being absorbed by trees and plants and returning as water into the sky as clouds. It is extremely disturbing from a shamanistic point of view that the Monarch Bear, the totem animal of the state of California, the last wild Grizzly Bear of California, has been denied his rightful journey of transformation and rebirth.

49 minutes ago, Guyver said:

How about mastodon remains?  Any of the Pleistocene megafauna that we know Native Americans hunted?  

Yes.

https://newatlas.com/science/mammoth-hunting-mexico/

The skeletal remains of some 14 woolly mammoths have been discovered in Mexico. More than 800 mammoth bones were distributed in two round pits – apparently traps used to house the mammoths. The remains were found in Tultepec to the north of Mexico City . . . 

And . . . 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2011/oct/20/mastodon-hunted-north-america

Humans were hunting large mammals in North America about 800 years earlier than previously thought, new analysis of a controversial mastodon specimen – with what appears to be a spear tip in its rib – seems to confirm.

The find suggests humans were hunting mastodons using tools made from bone about a thousand years before the start of the "Clovis culture", reputedly the first human culture in North America. Other evidence points to mammoth hunting using stone tools around this time, but the notion of pre-Clovis hunting has remained highly controversial.

The mastodon was found in 1977 by a farmer called Emanuel Manis. He contacted archaeologist Carl Gustafson, who excavated the skeleton and noticed a pointed object embedded in its rib. Gustafson took a fuzzy x-ray and interpreted the object as a projectile point made of bone or antler.

By dating organic matter around the fossil, he estimated that it was about 14,000 years old. Other archaeologists challenged Gustafson's dates and his interpretation of the fragment as a man-made point.

Decades later Professor Michael Waters from Texas A&M University contacted him about re-examining the specimen using modern technology.

And . . . 

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23059348

Abstract

The tip of a projectile point made of mastodon bone is embedded in a rib of a single disarticulated mastodon at the Manis site in the state of Washington. Radiocarbon dating and DNA analysis show that the rib is associated with the other remains and dates to 13,800 years ago. Thus, osseous projectile points, common to the Beringian Upper Paleolithic and Clovis, were made and used during pre-Clovis times in North America. The Manis site, combined with evidence of mammoth hunting at sites in Wisconsin, provides evidence that people were hunting proboscideans at least two millennia before Clovis.

Although I don't understand what this red herring babble has to do with the lack of confirming scientific evidence for footie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Newsflash.  “Modern Science” doesn’t go around “peer reviewing” items that are lost to history.  Unless we are talking about the Antikythera Mechanism, which, may have been studied scientifically, I believe it has.  But of course, it’s whereabouts are still known….so, that’s a poor analogy isn’t it?

This is just wrong. Destroyed or missing specimens are published in peer-reviewed papers all the time, especially in paleontology. Look at this list of examples in dinosaurs.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Krantz was certainly not its originator, but he was definitely the most vocal in his support of the idea.

I heard krantz take credit for it in many documentaries. Of course he Also claimed that the ivan marx "cripplefoot" print had to be the real deal and only an expert like himself could draw where the bones would be. And here is the picture from the video marx used to prove cripplefoot was real...

fOGD%2BCN43k8ptU=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

Please post pictures of the remains which of course there would be plenty of with a public display over 20 years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Resume said:

I'll wait here.

Again. I'll wait.

Frankly i think that case was a ruse but yeah we do have the occasional giant person but its a one off not a race or tribe.

Afaik there is only one picture of one alleged loveland giant which would cost you 2 k  but ill add a coke or pepsi if he can produce even a total of 5 pics of that giant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

There are no lovelock giants. Well maybe one not a race.

Now about your buttchapped belly aching about people laughing at you being snide snotty or however hurting your thin skin, you very much can place me on ignore but i have not done anything to you except ask you not the post all drunk and silly, that and asked for proof of any claims you make you never have any you just run backwards crying victim.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Frankly i think that case was a ruse but yeah we do have the occasional giant person but its a one off not a race or tribe.

Afaik there is only one picture of one alleged loveland giant which would cost you 2 k  but ill add a coke or pepsi if he can produce even a total of 5 pics of that giant.

Yeah, there are "giant" photos all over the internet, but Guyver knows, or should know that's not going to cut it.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-americas/lovelock-cave-003060

His claims were about these:

There is some debate as to the veracity of the claims made regarding the Lovelock Giants. During the initial excavations, there were reports of mummified remains being found of two red-haired giants. One was a female 6.5-feet (1.98 m) tall and the other a male over 8-feet (2.44 m) tall. However, no such evidence remains

:

But of course, there exists no good evidence for a race of giants.

In Sarah Winnemucca Hopkins book,  Life Among the Piutes: Their Wrongs and Claims, she does not mention giants, but does refer to so-called barbarians. Skeptics claim that chemical staining by earth after burial was a likely reason why mummified remains have red hair instead of black, like most Indians in the area. A study done at the University of Nevada indicates the “giants” were about six feet (1.83 m) tall, and not up to 8 feet (2.44 m) tall as had been claimed . . . 

Today, many of the original artifacts found at Lovelock (but no giants) can be viewed at a small natural history museum located in Winnemucca, Nevada. Objects such as the duck decoys are housed at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C., and the basketry and bones belong to the Nevada State Museum. 

The actual scientific evidence indicates these remains were well within the norms for human beings.  The stories about giants appear to be just that, which is why I added the caveat:

should you provide independent scientific attestation for said giants published in any reputable, peer-reviewed, science journal.

I ain't crazy.  AFAIK, no such attestation exists for a race of giants.

ETA: At any rate, this is getting to be off topic for this thread.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Guyver said:

Yes, that is what I’m saying.

That makes NO SENSE!   How could a large creature walk that way.  I suspect those footprints would be hoaxes.   

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

This is just wrong. Destroyed or missing specimens are published in peer-reviewed papers all the time, especially in paleontology. Look at this list of examples in dinosaurs.

Fair enough.  

• Like 1