Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disbelief as men jump into fountain at busy shopping centre to steal wish pennies

itsnotoutthere

A video of the incident, which occurred at the Emett Clock fountain at Nottingham's Victoria Centre at around 6pm on Saturday, December 17, has circulated on social media.

Chloe Shanon told Nottinghamshire Live: "I just could not believe it. There were so many families asking the lads if they needed any money."

The 24-year-old from Kimberley, Nottinghamshire, added: "They were so oblivious, they did not respond. They were only talking between themselves.

"I just cannot believe that anyone could do something like this. It was horrible.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/disbelief-as-men-jump-into-fountain-at-busy-shopping-centre-to-steal-wish-pennies/ar-AA15rZtl?ocid=BingHp01&cvid=841e82c2acf44ddb85afdf04c059ace0

This country is finished.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Someone better post an armed guard at Trevi Fountain <_<

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

I expect they are immigrants.

Maybe. But I saw a man get taken by securiy staff at Piccadilly Circus for taking from a fountain. He was English born and bred.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Maybe. But I saw a man get taken by securiy staff at Piccadilly Circus for taking from a fountain. He was English born and bred.

How could you tell? Some immigrants are white and can speak good English.

7 minutes ago, pellinore said:

How could you tell? Some immigrants are white and can speak good English.

Because I have spoken with him. He came from the west country. I even retrieved his shoes for him after he was pulled from the water.

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Because I have spoken with him. He came from the west country. I even retrieved his shoes for him after he was pulled from the water.

I live in the West Country. I expect he had been drinking, we are not normally like that.

1 minute ago, pellinore said:

we are not normally like that.

Bit of a generalization is it not. What are we talking about, a million or more people, all wonderful unless they have had a drink.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, pellinore said:

I expect they are immigrants.

No. Immigrants take just your jobs not the change in a fountain.

• Haha 2

I watched a kid with a fishing pole and a magnet fishing out French Francs from a fountain in Paris way back in the day.  I didn't think much of it.

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I watched a kid with a fishing pole and a magnet fishing out French Francs from a fountain in Paris way back in the day.  I didn't think much of it

I guess that I wouldn't have  thought much either. In the Piccadilly case, the money was collected and given to charity which is why the security staff had its protection as a part of their duties.