Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NYT demands England's Royal Family is dismantled

pellinore

4 hours ago, Essan said:

Possibly.   Edward III's missus may also have been.   

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/mar/12/race-monarchy

But neither were whiny Americans off a reality TV show.   So we liked them.

Very weak evidence any of our royalty were black. The historian who proposed the idea, referred to in the Guardian article, is called Mario de Valdes y Cocom.  The name tells you all you need to know about his bias. In fact, it could be argued we are all black, as our distant ancestors came from pre-historic Africa, but it is a weak argument.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pellinore said:

Dozens of MPs have demanded The Sun newspaper take immediate action against Jeremy Clarkson after his comments about the Duchess of Sussex.

The Clarkson's Farm presenter faced a public backlash after writing in his column for the tabloid that the Duchess of Sussex ought to be paraded through the streets naked and have excrement thrown at her, adding: "Everyone who's my age thinks the same way."

A total of 65 MPs led by Caroline Nokes, the Tory chairman of the women and equalities select committee, have written an open letter to Victoria Newton, the editor of the Sun, in which they call for "definitive action".

The Sun must take action against Jeremy Clarkson for Duchess of Sussex comments, MPs demand (msn.com)

Would the 65 MPs have the same reaction if Clarkson had instead said Megan should have "the cersei treatment"?

Which means walking naked through the streets while people yell "shame" and throw whatever they want.

I'm just not sure what the MPs want Clarkson fired for. Expressing an opinion while referencing GoT? Could he have expressed the exact same opinion with different wording and not be canceled?

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

I did not know about this. Jeremy Clarkson is a creature I despise. I watched him once ranting against people who protect the environment."Here is a man who loves living in the city" I thought. Well I was wrong. He lives in a beautiful rural environmrnt. It seems to be ok to cover everything else in tarmac and concrete, just not his bit.

In that respect he is a bit like Kevin Mcloud (Grand Designs). He has made his millions praising glass and concrete block houses, but he lives in an old and beautiful traditional stone and slate small holding type place in the country. The sort of place we would all secretly covet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Would the 65 MPs have the same reaction if Clarkson had instead said Megan should have "the cersei treatment"?

Which means walking naked through the streets while people yell "shame" and throw whatever they want.

I'm just not sure what the MPs want Clarkson fired for. Expressing an opinion while referencing GoT? Could he have expressed the exact same opinion with different wording and not be canceled?

Probably not. There is a difference between saying she should have the cersei treatment and saying she should be paraded naked through the streets and have excrement thrown at her. I've always found Clarkson amusing, but this went too far. He is an entitled millionaire who thinks he should get away with anything. Anthony Worrall Thompson was banished from TV for shop-lifting, and Danny Baker Baker for Tweeting this photo, though it was pretty funny:

monkey (1).jpg

Edited by pellinore

9 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

There was no racism. She's an actress.

6 hours ago, Essan said:

Seriously, if it wasn't for Meghan and Harry going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how everyone hates her cos she's "black" no-one would ever give a damn.  

"There was no racism"

"No one would give a damn"

Which rocks were you two under?

prince-harry-neo-nazis.jpg

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Setton said:

"There was no racism"

Which news outlet is that from?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

The people who dislike the Royal Family the most are "them".  "The Powers That Be".  The "Elite".   People obsessed with money and power.   Because it's the one position of (perceived) power and global respect that the likes of Musk, Trump, the Rothchilds, Gates, etal cannot ever buy.

That IMO is the best reason of all to keep them :D 

Yes, the idea of them as role models does have its uses.

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

Probably not. There is a difference between saying she should have the cersei treatment and saying she should be paraded naked through the streets and have excrement thrown at her. I've always found Clarkson amusing, but this went too far. He is an entitled millionaire who thinks he should get away with anything. Anthony Worrall Thompson was banished from TV for shop-lifting, and Danny Baker Baker for Tweeting this photo, though it was pretty funny:

monkey (1).jpg

I'm not sure why you think Clarkson went too far. "Get away" with anything? Like expressing an opinion?

I think he didn't go far enough. He didn't even mention us colonials who would also like a piece of the excrement throwing action. Why only every English town? 

I watched this unfold from the beginning. Everyone, including the Royal family was excited that Harry had found someone THEN came the entitlement. When she found out that Harry could not surpass William as King and she would have to curtsy to Catherine, she was not happy. Don't forget the curfuffle over the tiara she DEMANDED to wear for the wedding. The lies told that they wanted privacy and now hitting every way they can to be in the spotlight...yeah, poor Meaghan 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

Why only every English town? 

He said "Britain" as far as I know. Don't forget Scotland and Wales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

I watched this unfold from the beginning. Everyone, including the Royal family was excited that Harry had found someone THEN came the entitlement. When she found out that Harry could not surpass William as King and she would have to curtsy to Catherine, she was not happy. Don't forget the curfuffle over the tiara she DEMANDED to wear for the wedding. The lies told that they wanted privacy and now hitting every way they can to be in the spotlight...yeah, poor Meaghan 

Exactly. Everybody in this country were behind them, it was a fantastic day, everybody I know, me included wanted the best for them, but now we've seen their true colours. It's obvious to me she wanted all the trappings of royalty minus the graft, and I for one have the same feelings towards both of them as Clarkeson after throwing her family and then his under the bus. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Setton said:

"There was no racism"

I'll take your racist Internet meme and raise you a picture of Harry dressed as a nazi, which I posted once before but it was taken down by the mods presumably because they deemed it too racist. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Have you been watching Netflix?

Only Star Trek and that dreadful Transformers War for Cybertron…. Why?

2 hours ago, glorybebe said:

They want to make their own living but I haven't seen them do much of anything that doesn't involve trashing the RF.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Only Star Trek and that dreadful Transformers War for Cybertron…. Why?

Just that you mentioned the black queen. Bridgerton on Netflix, that's where the rumour started.

Just now, itsnotoutthere said:

Just that you mentioned the black queen. Bridgerton on Netflix, that's where the rumour started.

Really? I’m sure I saw it brought up around the time of Ginger Megs’ wedding.

15 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Really? I’m sure I saw it brought up around the time of Ginger Megs’ wedding.

No doubt. Helps the narrative.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Essan said:

The people who dislike the Royal Family the most are "them".  "The Powers That Be".  The "Elite".   People obsessed with money and power.   Because it's the one position of (perceived) power and global respect that the likes of Musk, Trump, the Rothchilds, Gates, etal cannot ever buy.

That IMO is the best reason of all to keep them :D 

Yep, that is one thing you can say about the RF, you can't buy them. They have no need or desire for money. Well, maybe a bit: Why is Prince Charles accepting bags stuffed with cash? | The Spectator

Edited by pellinore

11 hours ago, pellinore said:

Yep, that is one thing you can say about the RF, you can't buy them. They have no need or desire for money. Well, maybe a bit: Why is Prince Charles accepting bags stuffed with cash? | The Spectator

That does raise the intriguing question: Is Charles the Sheikh's pimp?  Or drug dealer?  :P

4 hours ago, Essan said:

That does raise the intriguing question: Is Charles the Sheikh's pimp?  Or drug dealer?  :P

Something's rotten in the state of Denmark, and we all know how that ended!!