Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Netflix is planning a Barney and Betty Hill UFO movie adaptation

UM-Bot

This is one compelling case. I'm glad to see serious interests are featuring this to a very high viewer count (Netflix). Truth needs spreading.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The iconic UFO incident is set to become a movie courtesy of Netflix and the Obamas' production company.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/362754/netflix-is-planning-a-barney-and-betty-hill-ufo-movie-adaptation

A pity it couldn't feature Benny Hill.

th-603500314.jpg.3cb00f3c873597609bad247913b22959.jpg

Edited by Alchopwn

Looking forward to watching this :tu:

Edited by Commander CMG

A Betty and Barney reboot?  Discovery+ has a new documentary of this encounter released in Feb. No new ground but a nice refresher

On 12/24/2022 at 4:00 AM, UM-Bot said:

The iconic UFO incident is set to become a movie courtesy of Netflix and the Obamas' production company.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/362754/netflix-is-planning-a-barney-and-betty-hill-ufo-movie-adaptation

Let’s hope Netflix does this very scary strange story well. 

On 12/25/2022 at 4:58 PM, Portre said:

A Betty and Barney reboot?  Discovery+ has a new documentary of this encounter released in Feb. No new ground but a nice refresher

Hopefully it will shed some light on this as yet unexplained but well-documented and generally accepted as genuine close encounter. 

On 12/23/2022 at 4:12 PM, Gumball said:

Hopefully this is done as tasteful as possible and it may just be watchable.

From Netflix?   You hope too high.  They only use writers who need prozac and cocaine to get out of bed in the morning.   I have no hope of it being worth watching.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

From Netflix?   You hope too high.  They only use writers who need prozac and cocaine to get out of bed in the morning.   I have no hope of it being worth watching.

Some of the series they have done have been ok.  I have enjoyed a few but if they try to make it like a horror or add action music it's done.  It should be as close to the story as possible.  No need to embelish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gumball said:

Some of the series they have done have been ok.  I have enjoyed a few but if they try to make it like a horror or add action music it's done.  It should be as close to the story as possible.  No need to embelish.

I did enjoy the first season of Travelers, but after that it just got too complicated.   I haven't seen any other Netflix originals that I could get through more than a couple of episodes before quitting in disgust.   I was very dissapointed in the Umbrella Academy, they could have done some fun stuff with that one.   But no, they had to go dark with it.   LIke the writers couldn't sustain any thing.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:35 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I did enjoy the first season of Travelers, but after that it just got too complicated.   I haven't seen any other Netflix originals that I could get through more than a couple of episodes before quitting in disgust.   I was very dissapointed in the Umbrella Academy, they could have done some fun stuff with that one.   But no, they had to go dark with it.   LIke the writers couldn't sustain any thing.

I don't watch any sci fi or dramas on it.  Strictly docs.  A lot of the true crime stuff is good.  This could be good if the don't try sell it.  They just need to tell the story.

1 minute ago, Gumball said:

I don't watch any sci fi or dramas on it.  Strictly docs.  A lot of the true crime stuff is good.  This could be good if the don't try sell it.  They just need to tell the story.

Hopefully they will have some decent writers, but I am not a fan of hope.

• Like 1

Is this the incident that kick started the whole abduction Mythos?  I remember seeing something on TV about this years back.

20 hours ago, DamienV said:

Is this the incident that kick started the whole abduction Mythos?  I remember seeing something on TV about this years back.

There was a guy in Brazil that was famous for being abducted by aliens 4 years before the Betty and Barney Hill event and there were a couple of "new age" authors who claimed to have been contacted or claimed to channel aliens from outerspace.   There were also a lot of stories from WW2 like the foo fighters that actually got the mass consciousness thinking of being  invaded by aliens from outer space. 

Edited by Desertrat56