Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Five upcoming space missions to look out for in 2023

UM-Bot

Watch out for or Watch for?   The wording is kind of strange, more like a warning.    

• The title was changed to Five upcoming space missions to look out for in 2023
9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Watch out for or Watch for?   The wording is kind of strange, more like a warning.    

Changed it to "look out for".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saru said:

Changed it to "look out for".

Why do you have the "out"?   It still implies impending danger.   "Watch for"' makes more sense.   I know, OCD, annoying, but communication is critical sometimes.   We aren't going to be ducking when we look for these, these are exciting events.

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why do you have the "out"?   It still implies impending danger.   "Watch for"' makes more sense.   I know, OCD, annoying, but communication is critical sometimes.   We aren't going to be ducking when we look for these, these are exciting events.

"Look out for" is pretty standard - it's what the original article uses in it's title.

It's also used in dozens of similar pieces in numerous newspapers and publications (check Google news).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

"Look out for" is pretty standard - it's what the original article uses in it's title.

It's also used in dozens of similar pieces in numerous newspapers and publications (check Google news).

Ok. I will leave it alone.   It may be "standard" but it doesn't seem right.  

P.S.   Thank you for all your hard work.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2022 at 10:21 AM, Montello said:

and one probe to venus

Meh... could be worse... :D

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 11:25 AM, Montello said:

Yes 6 rovers on moon as well and on jupiter moon

In the three U.S. lunar missions that took and used a rover the square mileage that they coverd/explored was only a radius of 4.7 miles because they only had a 14 mile limit.   If the rovers on the  moon now are unmanned they can cover more territory but they are all landing in different areas of th e moon and even then 6 rovers could not cover very much territory per year.   

6 hours ago, Montello said:

This year 6 rover  1 chinese rover working in other side moon

Fight! Fight! Fight!

I could be like Battlebots.