Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meeting Nicola

DamienV

15 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

American history that’s cool, yea after my mother and father immigrated from Germany my dad went to work forcan aircraft company in St. Louis, Missouri in the 1950. When, I was born in 1959 he had already purchased land and had a home built about 35 miles from St. Louis across the Missouri River. St. Charles, was located right on the river, and the property he purchased was originally part of the 1000 acre land grant that Daniel Boone received. Yes, the vehicle I was in was a armored personnel carrier, and when the IED detonated on the right side it rolled the vehicle a number of times. When I was pulled out I was unconscious, I had a number of vertebrate in my lower back that were fractured, I had TBI, and some other fractured bones. I didn’t wake up until I was in Germany for a few days with one hell,of a headache. The reason they call Missouri the show me state is because, for some reason when people would make goofy statements they would say Show Me and it just stuck!

Here is a good old song you may have heard it before it’s a werewolf song!:devil:

Yes Cool song, this is the anthem at my local "sacred knights of  Lycanthropes" chapter. :P   So you ended back home in your old ancestral country.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DamienV said:

Yes Cool song, this is the anthem at my local "sacred knights of  Lycanthropes" chapter. :P   So you ended back home in your old ancestral country.   

Yes I did end up in my second home, what strange is everyone in my immediate family have passed. Yes, I have a large family in Germany . I also speak and read and write German and Korean fluently. My fathers brother was in a,German Werewolf Battalion during WWII. So, your into Werewolves if your serious that’s cool, because you know they real right?:devil:

14 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes I did end up in my second home, what strange is everyone in my immediate family have passed. Yes, I have a large family in Germany . I also speak and read and write German and Korean fluently. My fathers brother was in a,German Werewolf Battalion during WWII. So, your into Werewolves if your serious that’s cool, because you know they real right?:devil:

Of course they are real, you are talking to one right now. :sk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DamienV said:

Your also talking to one!:yes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Your also talking to one!:yes:

I think I could cover this song has a blues number on the bar stage. And now for the ultimate one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DamienV said:

I think I could cover this song has a blues number on the bar stage. And now for the ultimate one

Yes, I like Werewolves of London it’s a great song and if you could cover the other song I love to hear it, can you record abd post it?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes, I like Werewolves of London it’s a great song and if you could cover the other song I love to hear it, can you record abd post it?

Here is what happens if your trapped with Werewolves in a mine collapse::devil:

Spoiler
  • This song posed a problem for the record label. Said Holmes: "Scepter Records in the beginning did not even know it was on their label. The promotion men for Scepter Records, who were trying to break a Beverly Bremers single, would say, 'We couldn't get it on that station, they went with this stupid song called Timothy.' Finally, someone said, 'You idiot, it's on our label.' 

Now they have a problem, because now they're getting up towards the Top 20, and they know there are some big stations that are simply not going to play this record. WABC-AM, the biggest station at the time, they never played it. Scepter Records started a rumor that Timothy was a mule to try to get the taint of cannibalism out of the picture and try to make it a Top 10 record. Someone called me and said, 'Was Timothy a mule? You wrote it.' And I said 'No, what can I tell you, they ate him.
  • I remember when this song was first played on the Radio, I believe it was 1971 or 1972 I must have a sick sense of humor but I like it so I bought a 45 LP of the song, I still have it it’s in storage, but I have every record of tap I ever purchased.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DamienV said:

similar thing happend to me with someone I knew.  I would't  go up to his house during lock down (This was when social isolating first came into play)  So when I did go up to his house a year later, he acted like he didn't 't know me.  Very childish brushoff.  These things happen.   

I'm a skeptic also (I even own the gold skeptic badge) I wouldn't call myself cynical skeptic (but I guess that might come with age lol).  I don't close myself off to the possibility of exotic phenomena (I hate the word Paranormal) but I also subscribe to what you say "without evidence you just have a story".

I DO believe that something happend to Frank all those years ago (What that SOMETHING was I don't know).  I don't think he is hiding anything consciously, my impression from the start was that he isnt the online kind of person (even friends on his face book point this out) I believe he gave a sincere recollection of what he thinks happend to him that day.

In my opinion when you boil the whole thing down to it's psychological parts it's a story of how the big guy with the big bike stole the girl. Did some kind of rivalry with a biker take place?  Could this have created a mental cover story that the brain only "Sees what it wants to see" and left him in a state of confusion?  This is the only thing I think explains what might have happend, 

To answer what you said,  I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with the case, it's just every once in a while it comes to my mind and a do a little more research (if that what you can call it).

I'll leave with a quote from the great James Randi "No amount of belief makes something a fact" 

I still get a kick out of him defrauding the martial art guy lol

Randi as you might imagine is a hero of mine is is joe nickells and a few others, the "cynical" for me isnt from age lol actually its a side effect of the forum and being attacked for things like asking questions or refusing to believe stories at face value most of those attacks go personal it shouldnt be an insult to not believe a story at face value yet it is so in that im by definition a cynic.

"Exotic phenomenon" is fine, there have been some wild things things i would call exotic explained in non paranormal ways yet with the countless claims and stories out there there is zero case where paranormal was the proven explanation, it very well could be paranormal but we have no evidence to support that conclusion. I simply will not make some ridculous unsupported leap from "i dont know" so it "must be _________ ( fill in blank with paranormal explanation )" im just not credulous.

Franks story of a biker gets the mystery girl was actually in a big hit movie around 87 yes later than frank claims but frank can not prove the date his story took place.  franks story if we remove the parts that he made up isnt much of a story, guy meets oddball girl gets blown off end of story. After working goth punk type clubs since early 80s i can tell all kinds of stories ive heard but it doesnt make them true.

Heres another one from the unsolved mysteries tv show and forgive me ill paraphrase, guy is at a dance meets good looking mystery girl they dance he thinks she had cold skin gives her ride home and then days later goes back to the house hoping for a date the lady who answers the door says no girl like that lives here he points to a picture behind her and says thats her, the lady gasps and says oh no cant be that my daughter she died blah blah years ago. Story ends. To me thats a great example of a made up tale for attention, the story is full of holes easy to disprove yet hailed by believers as a smoking gun proof of ghosts.

frank likely wanted attention so sends a story to a plup mag that is known for fluff and claptrap for all i know they paid him for the story, he worked harder to send it to the mag than he did to actually hunt down the girl, and as someone suggested frank doesnt tell you he made it up because how obsessed over it you have become.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

Randi as you might imagine is a hero of mine is is joe nickells and a few others, the "cynical" for me isnt from age lol actually its a side effect of the forum and being attacked for things like asking questions or refusing to believe stories at face value most of those attacks go personal it shouldnt be an insult to not believe a story at face value yet it is so in that im by definition a cynic.

"Exotic phenomenon" is fine, there have been some wild things things i would call exotic explained in non paranormal ways yet with the countless claims and stories out there there is zero case where paranormal was the proven explanation, it very well could be paranormal but we have no evidence to support that conclusion. I simply will not make some ridculous unsupported leap from "i dont know" so it "must be _________ ( fill in blank with paranormal explanation )" im just not credulous.

Franks story of a biker gets the mystery girl was actually in a big hit movie around 87 yes later than frank claims but frank can not prove the date his story took place.  franks story if we remove the parts that he made up isnt much of a story, guy meets oddball girl gets blown off end of story. After working goth punk type clubs since early 80s i can tell all kinds of stories ive heard but it doesnt make them true.

Heres another one from the unsolved mysteries tv show and forgive me ill paraphrase, guy is at a dance meets good looking mystery girl they dance he thinks she had cold skin gives her ride home and then days later goes back to the house hoping for a date the lady who answers the door says no girl like that lives here he points to a picture behind her and says thats her, the lady gasps and says oh no cant be that my daughter she died blah blah years ago. Story ends. To me thats a great example of a made up tale for attention, the story is full of holes easy to disprove yet hailed by believers as a smoking gun proof of ghosts.

frank likely wanted attention so sends a story to a plup mag that is known for fluff and claptrap for all i know they paid him for the story, he worked harder to send it to the mag than he did to actually hunt down the girl, and as someone suggested frank doesnt tell you he made it up because how obsessed over it you have become.

The story you mention of the guy meeting a girl on the dance floor, this has more the flavor of a urban legend about it.  There is a story of an even that append near me in the Riverlin Valley, I have coped and pasted it below Taken off of a local site :-

A young motor cyclist was travelling along Rivelin Valley and saw a young girl at the bus stop by Wolf Dam. Knowing the last bus for the night had gone, he stopped and offered a lift. She hopped on the back and they set off for her address. Glancing back he noticed that the pillion seat was empty. Absolutely distraught, he set off back to look for her, thinking she may have fallen off. He searched for a while but to no avail. He then went to her address and his knock was answered by her father. He unfolded the story about giving his daughter a lift home from the bus stop. The father knocked the young man to the floor and ranted that his daughter had been killed some years before in a motor cycle accident on the Rivelin Valley road. The young man was taken to the Northern General in a state of complete shock.

To be fair to Frank the fortean times didn't pay him anything, it appeared in the "It happend to me" section, there's no money issued for readers letters in that mag.  Like I said before I really think Frank Believes what had append to him.  At the time he didn't have the internet or social media like we have today for tracking her down, that's why I think this case could be solvable today, there are many local area social media pages, so if I post something on the Streatham social media page about Nicola and her appearance also that she had a nan in the Walton on Thames area, this might ring somebody bell.

Again I wouldnt say I'm obsessed,the person who mentioned me being obsessed was the guy who has a 35+ year photo of a girl he met in the 80's in a frame on his dresser still, lol (Sorry Abramelin  :P , I don't blame him keeping the torch alight) I just Don't like loose ends and think this is something  possibly solvable. .

I want to hear more story's from the punk goth bar that you attended in the early 80's  , what story if any,  tested your own skepticism the most? ( afterthoughts, I MIGHT be more obsessed with "strange" than I have given myself credit for)

Edited by DamienV
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DamienV said:

The story you mention of the guy meeting a girl on the dance floor, this has more the flavor of a urban legend about it.  There is a story of an even that append near me in the Riverlin Valley, I have coped and pasted it below Taken off of a local site :-)

A young motor cyclist was travelling along Rivelin Valley and saw a young girl at the bus stop by Wolf Dam. Knowing the last bus for the night had gone, he stopped and offered a lift. She hopped on the back and they set off for her address. Glancing back he noticed that the pillion seat was empty. Absolutely distraught, he set off back to look for her, thinking she may have fallen off. He searched for a while but to no avail. He then went to her address and his knock was answered by her father. He unfolded the story about giving his daughter a lift home from the bus stop. The father knocked the young man to the floor and ranted that his daughter had been killed some years before in a motor cycle accident on the Rivelin Valley road. The young man was taken to the Northern General in a state of complete shock.

To be fair to Frank the fortean times didn't pay him anything, it appeared in the "It happend to me" section, there's no money issued for readers letters in that mag.  Like I said before I really think Frank Believes what had append to him.  At the time he didn't have the internet or social media like we have today for tracking her down, that's why I think this case could be solvable today, there are many local area social media pages, so if I post something on the Streatham social media page about Nicola and her appearance also that she had a nan in the Walton on Thames area, this might ring somebody bell.

Again I wouldnt say I'm obsessed,the person who mentioned me being obsessed was the guy who has a 35+ year photo of a girl he met in the 80's in a frame on his dresser still, lol (Sorry Abramelin  :P , I don't blame him keeping the torch alight) I just Don't like loose ends and think this is something  possibly solvable. .

I want to hear more story's from the punk goth bar that you attended in the early 80's  , what story if any,  tested your own skepticism the most? ( afterthoughts, I MIGHT be more obsessed with "strange" than I have given myself credit for)

Ty! And you dont think franks tale has an aire of made up urban legend to its readers?

These type stories always have gaping holes perhaps not to everyone as humans are not one size fits all.  example any biker knows when a person is on their beetch seat and would quickly know they are not there. If a person hasnt experenced having a person on their scoot with them then they dont know what im talking about.

I dont think ive been unfair to Frank he told a tale public you retold it here its opened the door for comments, why the disdain for the label "obsessed" abr has a pic of a girl from the 80s i missed if he goes on forums still trying to find her, i had a female friends ID in the pocket of a leather jacket from around 1984 to around 2005 im OCD i knew it was there but it wasnt on my mind all the time i didnt know where she was people drift apart i ran into her shooting pool one night and gave the ID back she thought it was hilarious and loved her pic from all those years ago.

i have pix, stuff etc from bands and clubs all over my house displayed am i obsessed with them? If i am then im fine with that. I promise im not picking on you its just some cases like this a person can call them whatever but lets face it if you did find the girl likey in her late 50s to early 60s now do you think she would recall the tale as frank did if at all, would she tell about her ghost dog and phantom biker who would whisk her away? Even if she did its just another story. I know it sucks but sometimes we have to let things be unexplained or just stories.

My stories from the 80s up are just that and none not one tested my skepticism. i also worked at my friends Santeria botanical and did time at cassadega and nothing, i did learn if and thats a huge qualifying "if" paranormal exists it avoids skeptics, thats not to say i didnt meet people who had different opinions problem is all they had to offer were stories too.

• Like 2

I am amazed this thread is 6 pages.  I thought the story was boring the first time I read it on Forteana or where ever I read it years ago.   The converstaion in the thread about other things is interesting, but what else is there to say about meeting Nicola?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am amazed this thread is 6 pages.  I thought the story was boring the first time I read it on Forteana or where ever I read it years ago.   The converstaion in the thread about other things is interesting, but what else is there to say about meeting Nicola?

Thats just it, the thread kept going with side step small talk. The OP is interesting to chat with, but if she existed all things considered the likelyhood of finding Nicola is almost zero i mean here is a picture not as old that might be a hoax might be kids in danger we dont even know that much and this picture has had a heck of a lot more exposure than this Nicola case and still no one knows who these kids are.

polaroid.jpg.b593361b2aaf6a2372087f231dc3ccfc.jpg

• Sad 2

On 1/2/2023 at 11:50 PM, DamienV said:

Are you feeling Wolfe tonight, because if you can change we need help catching an Alien Sheep that escaped from Area 51!:w00t:

Lamb GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Most stories on here are boring once you realize  that's all they really are, alien abductions , ghosts,bigfoot, what is REAL( hoaxes and nut jobs discarded) in some cases genuine people believe what they witnessed, this is the interesting part.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Are you feeling Wolfe tonight, because if you can change we need help catching an Alien Sheep that escaped from Area 51!:w00t:

Lamb GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

This is absolutely stupid and disgraceful. how could you post such a thing?  Area 51 is where mutant cattle, genetically modified space monkeys, and the elvis-bigfoot clone reside.  Wright patterson air-force base is where the alien sheep live.  and yourself being a military man, i'll have your rank for this. humph

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DamienV said:

Most stories on here are boring once you realize  that's all they really are, alien abductions , ghosts,bigfoot, what is REAL( hoaxes and nut jobs discarded) in some cases genuine people believe what they witnessed, this is the interesting part.

Yes, I agree.   You are not boring though.   Welcome to the forum if I forgot to say that.   That's why I don't post my experiences, because I am boring, and boring is good.  :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

Thats just it, the thread kept going with side step small talk. The OP is interesting to chat with, but if she existed all things considered the likelyhood of finding Nicola is almost zero i mean here is a picture not as old that might be a hoax might be kids in danger we dont even know that much and this picture has had a heck of a lot more exposure than this Nicola case and still no one knows who these kids are.

polaroid.jpg.b593361b2aaf6a2372087f231dc3ccfc.jpg

First, of course the OP is interesting to chat with, I;m your friendly neighborhood guitar man :P

I thought they ID the girl in the pic as a Tara Calico, she went missing and never turned up again. the Boy remains unidentified.  

Bats I have a concern I,m going to send you a PM

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, I agree.   You are not boring though.   Welcome to the forum if I forgot to say that.   That's why I don't post my experiences, because I am boring, and boring is good.  :)

Thanks, you should never feel bad about sharing your experiences, I would love to hear them, I'm a skeptic this is true but I,m NOT a toxic skeptic.  After all I and all other Skeptics could one day be proved wrong.and do you know what  I would love that.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DamienV said:

Thanks, you should never feel bad about sharing your experiences, I would love to hear them, I'm a skeptic this is true but I,m NOT a toxic skeptic.  After all I and all other Skeptics could one day be proved wrong.and do you know what  I would love that.

I think I may have shared some of my experiences here but I don't remember what threads.   I am a skeptic, but I used to believe in aliens from outerspace when I was young.  My dad brought home lots of books and I always read them after he did, for a while he was bringing home books about aliens and abduction, Chariots of the Gods was one I remember, and another that had a different chapter on different abductions, but the only chapter I remember in that book was the chapter on Travis Walton, who I met a few years ago.   Then he started brining home books by Carlos Castenedas and other mystics, then a plethora of self help books and pschology books (he realized he was crazy and did not want any one to know - we knew and I read those psycology books and gave him a diagnosis once when he made me angry).  

Later when I had been through some stuff and had experiences living as an adult and after all the dust settled and I had read a few more books (some by Whitley Strieber) I realized that it was not aliens, but some thing else, a connection to something other than human that we are all part of.   I also spent some time with new agers and psychics, then I started meeting artists and found them to be a lot more fun than psychics.  All this after a childhood of "knowing" things that I wasn't supposed to know and being accused of listening at keyholes (yes, I am that old), and experiencing astral travel, poltergeist activity, etc.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

but what else is there to say about meeting Nicola?

Perhaps " meeting Frank"?

B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think I may have shared some of my experiences here but I don't remember what threads.   I am a skeptic, but I used to believe in aliens from outerspace when I was young.  My dad brought home lots of books and I always read them after he did, for a while he was bringing home books about aliens and abduction, Chariots of the Gods was one I remember, and another that had a different chapter on different abductions, but the only chapter I remember in that book was the chapter on Travis Walton, who I met a few years ago.   Then he started brining home books by Carlos Castenedas and other mystics, then a plethora of self help books and pschology books (he realized he was crazy and did not want any one to know - we knew and I read those psycology books and gave him a diagnosis once when he made me angry).  

Later when I had been through some stuff and had experiences living as an adult and after all the dust settled and I had read a few more books (some by Whitley Strieber) I realized that it was not aliens, but some thing else, a connection to something other than human that we are all part of.   I also spent some time with new agers and psychics, then I started meeting artists and found them to be a lot more fun than psychics.  All this after a childhood of "knowing" things that I wasn't supposed to know and being accused of listening at keyholes (yes, I am that old), and experiencing astral travel, poltergeist activity, etc.

Interesting, Whitley Striber that name rings a bell, in the 90's I think a friend gave me a book by him, it had what they now would call a gray alien profile on the front cover. Very strange book. 

You mention "I  realized it was NOT aliens but something else?" what is the something else?  In the early 90's or late 80's I had what you would call a sleep paralysis episode, I didn't see any figures or apparitions but I did get the sense that there was something else in the room. I know from first hand that sleep paralysis can be a very intimidating experience. 

Carlos Castenedas, it's that name again lol  I was recommended to read his books, what do you think I should do, are they any good?   

I have Never astral traveled, never been abducted, didnt see the loch ness monster and I live in a house that is reputed to be haunted, but I'm the only one not to have witnessed anything and I live there, yup I live a boring life  :P

There are more thing in heaven and earth....

mtr.jpg

Edited by DamienV
  • Like 2

I would recommend you read The Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Casteneda.   Then you can decide if you want to read any of his other books.  I remember one thing from that book and that was Don Jaun having the main character roll around on the floor of a hut to find "his spot" to sleep.   I remember that because we used to sleep on my grandmother's living room when everyone went to visit at once (the children were each given a blanket and a pillow and told to sleep on the floor).   I remember having to test out areas to find a more comfortable spot (even though the floor was the same tile everywhere there were spots that were more comfortable than others).

I had an experience right before Whitley Strieber's first book was published and when I saw that book I was compelled to buy it, but it was hardback and I had no extra 20 dollars to buy a hard back book.  2 years later when it came out in paperback I was standing in the checkout line at walmart and that book fell in to my cart.   I looked at it and the face seemed familiar and freaked me out.  I put it back.   I am a bibliophile so I would have bought it if I hadn't felt so much fear from that picture.   Another year and I was in the library (very small library, books all the way to the ceiling).  I stepped back to look at the books on the top shelf and one from the second to top shelf fell at my feet.  I picked it up and it was Communion.   I checked it out and read about half of it.   It scared me badly.   I recognized the experiences as familiar and I also recognized that even though Strieber did not use fear words, nuetralized everything as an experience with no conclusions, which led me to believe he was terrified.   

My friend told me I had to finish the book to face my fears and I finally did.   I then read everything I could find that he wrote (not his fiction, I am not into horror, but I get why he was so good at writing it).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DamienV said:

Carlos Castenedas, it's that name again lol  I was recommended to read his books, what do you think I should do, are they any good?   

Maybe you should start with a couple of websites about CC:

http://www.sustainedaction.org/

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sustainedreaction/

Notice the flying crow logo in the second link?

Guess who made that one...

:yes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Maybe you should start with a couple of websites about CC:

http://www.sustainedaction.org/

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sustainedreaction/

Notice the flying crow logo in the second link?

Guess who made that one...

:yes:

There's quite a bit of content to get through on those sites.  This Carlos didn't create a cult did he?  I don't want a replaying of 1991 all over again, I fell in with a group of mystic/greatfull dead/hippy types, they offered me a trip with something called "Mushroom tea" this was aided by something called an acid tab, BOY did I go on a trip (Nearly got lost in wonderland).  Years later in the cinema I remember watching "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas " I got flash backs from just watching it.  

I'm going to have to take some time aside and give these sites a little look at. I'm reading 3 books already, a paper on Machiavelli, Springsteen 1949-1974, and Charles Addams life of a cartoonist, think I can make way for a 4th.

Yes nice crow too lol, do you do graphic design also, this was a job that I once did.

tibc.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DamienV said:

Yes nice crow too lol, do you do graphic design also, this was a job that I once did.

No, but I used to draw a lot.

But I haven't drawn anything for decades now.

Btw., I remembered a site with compilations of CC's books:https://www.prismagems.com/castaneda/

and scroll down till you come upon a list of links with the titles of his books.

• Like 1