Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meeting Nicola

DamienV

3 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Perhaps " meeting Frank"?

B)

YES, maybe she tells a tale of a strange guy  that she met  in the 80's, who then mysteriously disappeared around a tree, NOT to be seen again (Que the Twilight zone jingle)  :P In another Universe this thread is titled "Meeting Frank" by Nicola.  

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, DamienV said:

First, of course the OP is interesting to chat with, I;m your friendly neighborhood guitar man :P

I thought they ID the girl in the pic as a Tara Calico, she went missing and never turned up again. the Boy remains unidentified.  

Bats I have a concern I,m going to send you a PM

Afaik while some consided tara calico could have been the mystery it was dismissed or at least left unsettled.

Please dont be concerned PM or just post here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DamienV said:

First, of course the OP is interesting to chat with, I;m your friendly neighborhood guitar man :P

I thought they ID the girl in the pic as a Tara Calico, she went missing and never turned up again. the Boy remains unidentified.  

Bats I have a concern I,m going to send you a PM

I posted before finished typing, the reason i used that van picture as example is because its still a mystery it had national and even world wide attention yet nothing no one has cracked the case, i have a thread on here somewhere about it because for my OCD thinking it should be solved and it hasnt been so that is why i really do not think a case like nicola will be solved it happens some things are unexplained and that isnt boring to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I would recommend you read The Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Casteneda.   Then you can decide if you want to read any of his other books.  I remember one thing from that book and that was Don Jaun having the main character roll around on the floor of a hut to find "his spot" to sleep.   I remember that because we used to sleep on my grandmother's living room when everyone went to visit at once (the children were each given a blanket and a pillow and told to sleep on the floor).   I remember having to test out areas to find a more comfortable spot (even though the floor was the same tile everywhere there were spots that were more comfortable than others).

I had an experience right before Whitley Strieber's first book was published and when I saw that book I was compelled to buy it, but it was hardback and I had no extra 20 dollars to buy a hard back book.  2 years later when it came out in paperback I was standing in the checkout line at walmart and that book fell in to my cart.   I looked at it and the face seemed familiar and freaked me out.  I put it back.   I am a bibliophile so I would have bought it if I hadn't felt so much fear from that picture.   Another year and I was in the library (very small library, books all the way to the ceiling).  I stepped back to look at the books on the top shelf and one from the second to top shelf fell at my feet.  I picked it up and it was Communion.   I checked it out and read about half of it.   It scared me badly.   I recognized the experiences as familiar and I also recognized that even though Strieber did not use fear words, nuetralized everything as an experience with no conclusions, which led me to believe he was terrified.   

My friend told me I had to finish the book to face my fears and I finally did.   I then read everything I could find that he wrote (not his fiction, I am not into horror, but I get why he was so good at writing it).

Weird, i like some of Whitley Strieber fiction actually i think everything the man writes is fiction as i just dont buy that hes the sex slave of aliens. You know how i am.

Your oddities with his communion book must be contagious, back when my dad was still alive but into his 80s he found in his drs waiting room communion a hard back copy i have it in "dads closet" so dad starts reading it waiting for the dr, odd since my dad wasnt into any so called paranormal topic past face value or to humor me, i only learned of this after he read it and sheepishly asked me what i thought, so dad carries the book in with him to see his dr also a friend of his he asks if he can borrow the book and bring it back he said the dr looks at it says its not mine you can have it if it doesnt belong to blah blah the receptionist who dad also asks and she denies any knowledge of the book yet tells dad she tries to keep the magazines current. Dad asked later if anyone was hunting their book and no.

My dad really wouldnt say much past he found it interesting, my dad wouldnt have held back because im a skeptic he would have said what he thought and shut the door on it but even after i pressed him a few times he wouldnt talk about it, i ended up with it after he died my step mother said this silly book must be yours, i said no, dad said he found it at his dr office she said he didnt and wouldnt say more, i know my dad didnt make up the dr story.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Weird, i like some of Whitley Strieber fiction actually i think everything the man writes is fiction as i just dont buy that hes the sex slave of aliens. You know how i am.

Your oddities with his commounion book must be contagious, back when my dad was still alive but into his 80s he found in his drs waiting room communion a hard back copy i have it in "dads closet" so dad starts reading it waiting for the dr, odd since my dad wasnt into any so called paranormal topic past face value or to humor me, i only learned of this after he read it and sheepishly asked me what i thought, so dad carries the book in with him to see his dr also a friend of his he asks if he can borrow the book and bring it back he said the dr looks at it says its not mine you can have it if it doesnt belong to blah blah the receptionist who dad also asks and she denies any knowledge of the book yet tells dad she tries to keep the magazines current. Dad asked later if anyone was hunting their book and no.

My dad really wouldnt say much past he found it interesting, my dad wouldnt have held back because im a skeptic he would have said what he thought and shut the door on it but even after i pressed him a few times he wouldnt talk about it, i ended up with it after he died my step mother said this silly book must be yours, i said no, dad said he found it at his dr office she said he didnt and wouldnt say more, i know my dad didnt make up the dr story.

if your dad read that book and kept it, I am guessing he got something out of it, but not something he wanted to talk about.  I have the belief that if a book shows up there might be something for you to think about (not neccessarily what the author planned).   It is something I found myself popping up and saying at a meeting to discuss the book A Course in Miracles.  There were so many there who thought they knew stuff, but they didn't and they all complained about people using the bible the way they were using that book.   What I found myself saying was "If you need to get a message and you are reading a novel, the words will jump out at you, and it doesn't matter if it is this book (ACIM) or a Dick Tracy novel.  It is not the book, it is you and the universe."    I have no idea if anyone in that group even knew I was there, I felt like I could walk out and no one would notice.   I was not there by choice, it was as if I had been propelled there just to say that and then I could go home.    Lots of big egos in that room.   But I feel the same about Communion, there was something in it for me that had nothing to do with the writer.   I had fears I needed to face and that was the book to help me because it triggered them.

But then, I know we are more than the sum of our physical parts and I recognize that you don't agree, know or believe that, which is fine.  We are all here for different reasons.  And my "knowing" has no proof for anyone else, so it doesn't matter that others have different "knowings".

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

if your dad read that book and kept it, I am guessing he got something out of it, but not something he wanted to talk about.  I have the belief that if a book shows up there might be something for you to think about (not neccessarily what the author planned).   It is something I found myself popping up and saying at a meeting to discuss the book A Course in Miracles.  There were so many there who thought they knew stuff, but they didn't and they all complained about people using the bible the way they were using that book.   What I found myself saying was "If you need to get a message and you are reading a novel, the words will jump out at you, and it doesn't matter if it is this book (ACIM) or a Dick Tracy novel.  It is not the book, it is you and the universe."    I have no idea if anyone in that group even knew I was there, I felt like I could walk out and no one would notice.   I was not there by choice, it was as if I had been propelled there just to say that and then I could go home.    Lots of big egos in that room.   But I feel the same about Communion, there was something in it for me that had nothing to do with the writer.   I had fears I needed to face and that was the book to help me because it triggered them.

But then, I know we are more than the sum of our physical parts and I recognize that you don't agree, know or believe that, which is fine.  We are all here for different reasons.  And my "knowing" has no proof for anyone else, so it doesn't matter that others have different "knowings".

You hit that nail on the head there was something that drew my dad to it or he related to or got out of it.

My dad wasnt what a person would call a macho man but he was raised poor and had a mindset that a "man" had to be a man. He had issues of a nerves, panic even depression type idea, he got with my step mom around 1970 and they were good but her family were the deep Christian types and very closed tight to many topics, ill never know what but yes the book meant something deeply to my dad.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, the13bats said:

Afaik while some consided tara calico could have been the mystery it was dismissed or at least left unsettled.

Please dont be concerned PM or just post here.

Thanks, turns out it wasn't a concern after-all, I thought I had a lead in a Italian online article, on second time reading I see I made a mistake in my translation (need to revise my Italian lol)  The second lead makes me think Frank could have walked into the middle of a police sting operation.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

You hit that nail on the head there was something that drew my dad to it or he related to or got out of it.

My dad wasnt what a person would call a macho man but he was raised poor and had a mindset that a "man" had to be a man. He had issues of a nerves, panic even depression type idea, he got with my step mom around 1970 and they were good but her family were the deep Christian types and very closed tight to many topics, ill never know what but yes the book meant something deeply to my dad.

Yes, Communion , that was the name of the book I was given. I had read "The Wolfen" a book that he wrote beforehand.  I'm sure Striber did a follow up book to Communion, I remember seeing a black book with a silver alien head on the front in my  book store, this had a different title though.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DamienV said:

This is absolutely stupid and disgraceful. how could you post such a thing?  Area 51 is where mutant cattle, genetically modified space monkeys, and the elvis-bigfoot clone reside.  Wright patterson air-force base is where the alien sheep live.  and yourself being a military man, i'll have your rank for this. humph

Actually it’s isn’t alien, Goat Boy was put in jail after the 6 Jan insurrection , and I guess he was very lonely because he wanted a little brooother, and that’s what happened to that poor widdle Sheep!:lol: Gees Goat boy is a weird dude, he use to work for an undertaker, but he was fired for some unknown reason so he decided to become the QANON SHAMAN.:blink::w00t::lol:

If that dude walk up to me and started howling like in the picture I would punch the freak in the throat and watch him choke!

3A3EDB8F-D3D4-4A32-A78E-8D4F19C9C764.thumb.webp.919ce50228fb25e26bc501a70280ad30.webp

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DamienV said:

Yes, Communion , that was the name of the book I was given. I had read "The Wolfen" a book that he wrote beforehand.  I'm sure Striber did a follow up book to Communion, I remember seeing a black book with a silver alien head on the front in my  book store, this had a different title though.

He did several follow up books, I probably have them all.  The one that I found interesting was The Secret School.   

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He did several follow up books, I probably have them all.  The one that I found interesting was The Secret School.   

"The secret school" Mm-mm that sounds... well ....very secretive.   What was the conclusion of that book, if I may ask.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Actually it’s isn’t alien, Goat Boy was put in jail after the 6 Jan insurrection , and I guess he was very lonely because he wanted a little brooother, and that’s what happened to that poor widdle Sheep!:lol: Gees Goat boy is a weird dude, he use to work for an undertaker, but he was fired for some unknown reason so he decided to become the QANON SHAMAN.:blink::w00t::lol:

If that dude walk up to me and started howling like in the picture I would punch the freak in the throat and watch him choke!

3A3EDB8F-D3D4-4A32-A78E-8D4F19C9C764.thumb.webp.919ce50228fb25e26bc501a70280ad30.webp

Looking at that dude (who obviously is suffering some sort of mental delusions) I think we can guess why he was fired.  

tar.jpg

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, DamienV said:

I'm sure Striber did a follow up book to Communion, I remember seeing a black book with a silver alien head on the front in my  book store, this had a different title though.

It's "Transformation - The Breakthrough". And "Majestic".

I also have "The Hunger".

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DamienV said:

"The secret school" Mm-mm that sounds... well ....very secretive.   What was the conclusion of that book, if I may ask.

I read it years ago, what I remember is that he would find himself walking alone to a park at night and there would be many children gathered and someone would give them lessons.   In one of his books he also talked about his parents having a friend that was involved with the military who asked if they would let him participate in an experiment with other children.   It was torture type experiments and he told his parents and they refused to let him go back and confronted the friend.   (he didn't want to go back)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DamienV said:

Looking at that dude (who obviously is suffering some sort of mental delusions) I think we can guess why he was fired.  

tar.jpg

Yea he was in love with this guy and I think they both have the same proclivities! There is a Rumor going around that he keep one the pencil holders below under his pillow in prison!:lol:

image.png.4e95b74d5991be4026e10be787e2764f.png

image.jpeg.023bdd65e30593a9751e05e73a1ed139.jpeg

image.jpeg.443390f22a3b1b9f351968844776dd6f.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yea he was in love with this guy and I think they both have the same proclivities! There is a Rumor going around that he keep one the pencil holders below under his pillow in prison!:lol:

image.png.4e95b74d5991be4026e10be787e2764f.png

image.jpeg.023bdd65e30593a9751e05e73a1ed139.jpeg

image.jpeg.443390f22a3b1b9f351968844776dd6f.jpeg

Before one could get a pencil up there, you would first need to go to an hospital so you can surgically remove trumps head from his ass.  {appoligise for the language, BUT only slightly}

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DamienV said:

Before one could get a pencil up there, you would first need to go to an hospital so you can surgically remove trumps head from his ass.  {appoligise for the language, BUT only slightly}

Yes that certainly accurate, butt :lol: there is axrumor that the material it’s made from will stretch to any size just like the Diaper Don!:lol:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes that certainly accurate, butt :lol: there is axrumor that the material it’s made from will stretch to any size just like the Diaper Don!:lol:

The Teflon Don(ald) butt is indeed able to stretch to great measures.  after-all he speaks out of it most of the time.  If he goes to prison he will enjoy shower time.  I think we have gone a little off topic here.  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, DamienV said:

The Teflon Don(ald) butt is indeed able to stretch to great measures.  after-all he speaks out of it most of the time.  If he goes to prison he will enjoy shower time.  I think we have gone a little off topic here.  

How did we go off topic:unsure: was it the fact that Daiper Don’s is flexible, or was the new water sports Don will learn to play in Preison:unsure:. Oh, I see you point and your certainly right, Taflon Dons Teflon has worn off his butt! :devil: Yea that is certainly a shame , it must have been caused by all the friction from his prisoners entering and exiting there new found friends butt to violently.:ph34r::P

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I read it years ago, what I remember is that he would find himself walking alone to a park at night and there would be many children gathered and someone would give them lessons.   In one of his books he also talked about his parents having a friend that was involved with the military who asked if they would let him participate in an experiment with other children.   It was torture type experiments and he told his parents and they refused to let him go back and confronted the friend.   (he didn't want to go back)

Im by no means wanting to offend anyone i respect you but i just cant see any of his work as more than fiction it might be interesting to note that there are copy cats of his work they come up with their own versions either after reading his or its release date of course some could claim they also really have these experences.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Im by no means wanting to offend anyone i respect you but i just cant see any of his work as more than fiction it might be interesting to note that there are copy cats of his work they come up with their own versions either after reading his or its release date of course some could claim they also really have these experences.

I said I read the books, I did not say what I thought of them except for Communion.   Even so, he is more sincere than most of the people who write about aliens from outer space, especially since he is the only one who has Never Said they were aliens from outer space.   He calls them "the visitors" and questions whether they have been here all along, whether they are even physical beings, etc.    I did say that after reading his and some other's books that I have decided that there are no aliens from outer space doing the abductions, especially since I was in the army and was used as a guinea pig in some weird experiment.  I suspect most of the abductees are subjects of mind control experiements done by the military and corporations.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DamienV said:

Thanks, turns out it wasn't a concern after-all, I thought I had a lead in a Italian online article, on second time reading I see I made a mistake in my translation (need to revise my Italian lol)  The second lead makes me think Frank could have walked into the middle of a police sting operation.

I admire your desire to research this case, the problem with prosaic ideas like a sting is we still have ghost dogs, phantom bikers etc in franks telling.

I had a buddy john he sadly drank himself to death but in his younger days his parents would vacation on the coast here in florida we are always close to a beach, at the time john and i are in our 20s its the early mid 80s he tells the tale of meeting a beautiful girl nuts for him, no that type thing didnt happen to john and it sounds a bit like the start of the movie grease huh?

So vacation over and john didnt follow through with his dream girl which was odd as bitter irony would have it about a month maybe 6 weeks later john and i are over in daytona where you could cruise the beach, in traffic i hear my name being yelled its a girl i know from my club work, we pull over and her friend is johns dream girl but not so much a dream, she wasnt at all as described, i even vaugly knew her, john had fed her a line, even used a fake name, of course she had a blast calling him out.

Im not suggesting frank did a version of that but for me anything is more likely than paranormal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I said I read the books, I did not say what I thought of them except for Communion.   Even so, he is more sincere than most of the people who write about aliens from outer space, especially since he is the only one who has Never Said they were aliens from outer space.   He calls them "the visitors" and questions whether they have been here all along, whether they are even physical beings, etc.    I did say that after reading his and some other's books that I have decided that there are no aliens from outer space doing the abductions, especially since I was in the army and was used as a guinea pig in some weird experiment.  I suspect most of the abductees are subjects of mind control experiements done by the military and corporations.

Then hes a better man than writters like john keel.

Did he consider it all could have been in his mind? ive always believed thats where these ideas of being , abductions , entities etc come from i believe its a very real phenomenon of how our minds work, people like the late dr persinger with his god helmet and dr susan blackmore her work supports it. Just being all in our heads doesnt sit well with some and isnt as cool as autonomous being visiting.

It gets into the question what is "real" or "reality" which i believe many people who think aliens or whatever come visit or abduct them are sincere and these memories are very real to them blackmore had a special case where her patient who had both very real to him abduction experences yet knew they werent reality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Then hes a better man than writters like john keel.

Did he consider it all could have been in his mind? ive always believed thats where these ideas of being , abductions , entities etc come from i believe its a very real phenomenon of how our minds work, people like the late dr persinger with his god helmet and dr susan blackmore her work supports it. Just being all in our heads doesnt sit well with some and isnt as cool as autonomous being visiting.

It gets into the question what is "real" or "reality" which i believe many people who think aliens or whatever come visit or abduct them are sincere and these memories are very real to them blackmore had a special case where her patient who had both very real to him abduction experences yet knew they werent reality.

That was the first place he went.  In Communion he describes going to several doctors and a psychiatrist to find out what was happening to him.   Then other people visiting him had experiences and most of it was tied to their cabin in NY state.    When they moved a lot of stuff stopped except for some weirdos that seemed to follow them.  You might find Communion interesting to read.   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That was the first place he went.  In Communion he describes going to several doctors and a psychiatrist to find out what was happening to him.   Then other people visiting him had experiences and most of it was tied to their cabin in NY state.    When they moved a lot of stuff stopped except for some weirdos that seemed to follow them.  You might find Communion interesting to read.   

I do need to refresh on it, Sadly its hard for me to read much at a time due to my vision issues, back when my dad asked about it and again when he passed i tried to get into it, perhaps i could get it read aloud and listen to it driving to work and back about an hour both ways. Later tonight or sunday ill dig out dads copy and see ( no pun ) what i cant make happen. Interesting about location played a part as geo conditions can do weird things to the mind just what the god helmet proved.

Doctors, thats a huge problem with folks who experience these type phenomenon most drs dont know dont care or quack out you get someone like budd Hoskins who is to alien abduction what the warrens were to ghosts. And he does more harm than good.

• Like 2