Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nostradamus predicted cannibalism and a 'celestial fire' on Mars in 2023

UM-Bot

15 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

The world's most prolific seer had a few things to say about the events of the next twelve months.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/362890/nostradamus-predicted-cannibalism-and-a-celestial-fire-on-mars-in-2023

Quote:
"For 2023, Nostradamus made a few intriguing predictions, including the following.. "

Who came up with that year, 2023? Not Nostradamus, that's for sure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

"Exactly how his writings should be interpreted, however, remains up to the individual, with some arguing that he has correctly predicted many major events and others maintaining that the predictions are too vague to say for sure one way or the other."

Ambiguous garbage in other words.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

The world's most prolific seer had a few things to say about the events of the next twelve months.

No, he didn't. 

1 hour ago, esoteric_toad said:

"Ambiguous garbage in other words."

In years to come somebody will find those words and conclude "in 2023 @esoteric_toad predicted global initiatives on litter and recycling, turning 'ambiguous garbage' into 'other words'."  And people will worship you as a visionary and mystic.  Maybe.

• Haha 2

I don't think that "a celestial fire when the lights of Mars will go out" refers to the planet Mars. I rather think that it refers to the God of war Mars. In that case, it could be interpreted as that the war will end with a big explosion, perhaps a nuclear explosion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Every second quatrain of his sounds ominous and predicts some cataclysmic events. His verses seem to be made to question one's belief in the future and at the same time remind us that **** does happen all the time.

Edited by Chaldon

"Nostradamus predicted cannibalism and a 'celestial fire' on Mars in 2023" 

If cannibalism is to happen on Mars, wouldn't that require the presence of a population?  As to fire, doesn't that require a substantial amount of O₂?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Quote:
"For 2023, Nostradamus made a few intriguing predictions, including the following.. "

Who came up with that year, 2023? Not Nostradamus, that's for sure.

That was my first question.  I didn't recall his writings including a lot of specific dates.  On the bright side, this one:

"Seven months great war, people dead through evil.

could mean that such a war would end by July or August ;) 

• Like 1

Whilst I believe absolutely none of it. It does sound like the cost of living crisis. That and yesterday I ate the neighbour.

Edited by Gumball
  • Haha 5

So that’s why there are no advanced life forms on mars, cannibalism and pyromania wiped everyone out. Talk about one hell of a block party bbq. 

• Haha 4

Nostradamus' predictions have been applied so many times because everyone wants his stupidity to refer to their stupid story.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is extremely hard to accurately understand the rather nebulous comments of anyone from a vastly different time and perspective. Small differences in the way they choose to say something may refer to a commonly understood thing then and yet mean nothing to someone today.

A language reflects, to a certain level, the current attitudes and fears of the time. It changes as the moods of its people change. Those attitudes have a lot to do with the generation gap. I am 70 and people of my generation basically were influenced by war for their entire life.

Born to parents that had been influenced by WW2, in the Korean war, and always wondered if I would get drafted and fight in the Vietnam war. My Mom's first husband died fighting on one of those useless little Pacific islands. My Dad graduated high school when he was only 16 and enlisted ASAP. He went into the navy because they would take you earlier than the Army.

I wonder if kids now would do things like that?

The first Quatrain seems to be about the threat to bee populations at a stretch. Note that bees don't pollenate wheat however. It is not a huge step of the imagination that if food prices are high that people starve.  As for there being no-one signing up for the priesthood... lol, what a tragedy.  Who will molest the children if there are no priests amirite?

As for the second Quatrain, those places are in France. There is no war and no King in France in 2023. Nostradamus fails again

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2

To round out his predictions, Nostradamus also referenced an apparent disaster on Mars, or, more specifically, "a celestial fire when the lights of Mars will go out."

57e8a6e1e39e07347ee2fa75769d6f7f45644447

• Haha 6

On 1/1/2023 at 8:07 AM, fred_mc said:

I don't think that "a celestial fire when the lights of Mars will go out" refers to the planet Mars. I rather think that it refers to the God of war Mars. In that case, it could be interpreted as that the war will end with a big explosion, perhaps a nuclear explosion.

You are right about Mars...what the prediction is obviously about is that Zeus and the other gods will Bar B Q Mars and eat him up.  cannabilism of the gods with Mars as the main course! 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 3:07 PM, fred_mc said:

If it refers to anything at all, it's most likely the month of March which is "Mars" in French.

...or perhaps it is the planet Mars after all. Let me try another interpretation... so "when the lights of Mars will go out" could maybe refer to when the planet Mars stops to be visible in the sky, from https://www.space.com/39240-when-to-see-planets-in-the-sky.html#section-mars :

In the days that follow, however, Mars will gradually fade from prominence.  By Valentine's Day (Feb. 14), still in Taurus, it will shine with only one-third the luster it had just six weeks earlier. Come April Fool's Day (April 1), now in Gemini the Twins, it will have diminished to first magnitude and by Memorial Day, having moved into the faintest of the zodiacal constellations, Cancer the Crab, it will have fallen to the rank of a second magnitude star. 

From then on, it continues to diminish, passing near to Venus on July 1, then very close to the bluish star Regulus in Leo (making for a nice color contrast) on July 10, then dawdling in the evening sky through the balance of the summer, and finally vanishing into the sunset fires on Oct. 1 at a distance of 236 million miles (380 million km) from Earth.  

Then, "a celestial fire" could maybe refer to huge solar flares, maybe another Carrington event (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrington_Event), causing big problems for electrical systems around the world. Would be consistent with what Baba Vanga has predicted for 2023, and also with what I have seen a psychic predict for 2023.

Edited by fred_mc

These are the lights of Mars that go out:

https://www.sortiraparis.com/en/arts-culture/walks/articles/179077-thoiry-lumieres-sauvages-2022-2023-le-nouveau-parcours-du-festival-de-lanternes-se-devoile-en-video

Mars (French) = March.

• Like 1

Looked up the original quatrain:

Du feu celeste au Royal edifice.  
Quand la lumiere de Mars defaillira,  
Sept mois grand guerre, mort gens de malefice  
Roüan, Eureux au Roy ne faillira.  

From the celestial fire on the Royal edifice,  
When the light of Mars will go out,  
Seven months great war, people dead through evil  
Rouen, Evreux the King will not fail.

So, it's not "lights", but "light".

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 4:35 PM, Abramelin said:

From the celestial fire on the Royal edifice,  
When the light of Mars will go out,  
Seven months great war, people dead through evil  
Rouen, Evreux the King will not fail.

So, a burnt royal palace.  The celestial fire perhaps referring to Mars, somehow?

Mars being the planet of war, so the the "light of war" will go out.

Seven months war... Whatever.  Obviously not Ukraine.  People death thru evil... what else is new?  That the weather improves when the rain stops?

Rouen, Evreux are places in France.  There is however no King in France.

Perhaps this will become relevant after humans have colonized Mars?

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

So, a burnt royal palace.  The celestial fire perhaps referring to Mars, somehow?

Mars being the planet of war, so the the "light of war" will go out.

Seven months war... Whatever.  Obviously not Ukraine.  People death thru evil... what else is new?  That the weather improves when the rain stops?

Rouen, Evreux are places in France.  There is however no King in France.

Perhaps this will become relevant after humans have colonized Mars?

And "Mars" is the month of March in French.

It's March now, heh.

• Like 1