Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince Harry says he wants his father and brother 'back' and to be part of family not an institution

Still Waters

"For me it looks like David and Goliath, the press offices of the royals and the British media all ranged against a single couple who, having been the subject of a media campaign directed by those same royal press offices, denied a voice, and misrepresented, now need to give their side of the story"

Except of course he hasn't given one concrete example. He's been quick to throw accusations around against his family but hasn't actually backed it up with any evidence.  Can you post a link to a newspaper article that backs up his claims?  The only thing I can remember that smacks of racism towards his wife was Danny Bakers dumb twitter post.

"having been the subject of a media campaign directed by those same royal press offices" ......example?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

It boils down to this: family matters are family matters and nobody else's business. They should be sorted out within the family just as every other family does. But claiming a royal title is something very different. If you claim a title then you should accept that there are responsibilities and duties that go with it. If you don't want those then you don't accept the title. Harry wants to have it both ways and this is what is infuriating everybody. The sooner his and Meghan's titles are taken away, the better.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

It boils down to this: family matters are family matters and nobody else's business. They should be sorted out within the family just as every other family does. But claiming a royal title is something very different. If you claim a title then you should accept that there are responsibilities and duties that go with it. If you don't want those then you don't accept the title. Harry wants to have it both ways and this is what is infuriating everybody. The sooner his and Meghan's titles are taken away, the better.

Yes, and when you boil it down everything he has done to his family, he has done for money, even though they were already a wealthy couple, Oprah, Netflix & now this book. Don't think I would throw my family under the bus for money.

What's also 'infuriating' is all the talk of wanting to have privacy, then starting on this campaign.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wonderfully summed up :-

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Small independent book shops here in the UK are not going to stock the book for two reasons: it costs too much(£28), and there has been no interest shown in it by the public.

His book is currently 4th on the best seller list on Amazon. (£14.00)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Still Waters said:

I was quoting from an article by the owner of a small book shop. Amazon selling it at half price will certainly help sales. Interesting that they felt they had to do that right from the get-go rather than a few months in. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Amazon selling it at half price will certainly help sales. Interesting that they felt they had to do that right from the get-go rather than a few months in. 

Amazon seem to do the same for a lot of popular books - Terry Pratchett novels, for example, were always half retail price when first published, and there's no way they were not going to sell!

• Like 5

Hate preacher Anjem Choudary has called for jihadis to “wake up” and target British troops, following Prince Harry’s admission that he had killed 25 members of the Taliban.

The 55-year-old Islamist, who was jailed for terror offences in 2016, accused the Duke of Sussex of being a “Muslim killer” and said he had shown his “true colours”.

Prince Harry made the comments in his forthcoming memoir, Spare, in which he recalled his time serving as an Apache helicopter pilot in Afghanistan.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2023/01/08/anjem-choudary-calls-duke-sussex-muslim-killer-calls-jihadis/

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Number 1 right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Hate preacher Anjem Choudary has called for jihadis to “wake up” and target British troops, following Prince Harry’s admission that he had killed 25 members of the Taliban.

The 55-year-old Islamist, who was jailed for terror offences in 2016, accused the Duke of Sussex of being a “Muslim killer” and said he had shown his “true colours”.

Prince Harry made the comments in his forthcoming memoir, Spare, in which he recalled his time serving as an Apache helicopter pilot in Afghanistan.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2023/01/08/anjem-choudary-calls-duke-sussex-muslim-killer-calls-jihadis/

And here comes the catch, Britain says thank you Harry!!!

You just got some of us killed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Number 1 right now.

How long will it stay high on the list? The people who want it are buying now so the number is up. I think after the initial release that number will drop. What will it be, say, two, three months from now? 

• Like 5

In this interview, Harry showed maturity and courage. He is emotionally intelligent, articulate and honest. His answers to hard questions were immediate and straight off the cuff, no dissembling or need to think. Despite his father admitting he had let him down, he generously still wants reconciliation and a directly open relationship with his family, not something mediated through the press.

Imagine, he missed being present at his grandmother, the queen's, death because he was not offered a seat on the plane that took the rest of the family to Balmoral. What's wrong with these people?

And talking of spin and lies, in his book 'Spare', Harry was forced to publish the email exchanges between Meghan and Kate that clearly show that the royals lied about Princess Charlotte's dress and who made who cry.  

Harry has every right to put his personal story on the historical record. If he didn't, history would have a very distorted and false view of him. All other royals have done it, even Charles recorded a solid week of footage to give Johnathan Dimbleby a tell-all explosive interview and he had him write a very pro-Charles biography. It's all spin - exactly what Harry is claiming. 

History demands the truth and the truth will out....................  and that is a huge problem for the royal spin factory.

• Haha 4

Prince Harry's autobiography is the fastest-selling non-fiction book ever, recording figures of 400,000 copies so far across hardback, ebook and audio formats on its first day of publication.

Larry Finlay, managing director of Transworld Penguin Random House, said: "We always knew this book would fly but it is exceeding even our most bullish expectations.

"As far as we know, the only books to have sold more in their first day are those starring the other Harry (Potter)."

Despite having a retail price of £28, many shops, including Waterstones and WH Smith are selling it at half price.

It is also available for £14 on Amazon.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harrys-book-spare-is-fastest-selling-non-fiction-book-ever-12783843

It's still Number 1 on Amazon.

• Like 2

There isn't anyone in the RF he doesn't trash in this book. Even Princess Margaret. She's been dead for 20 yrs. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

On 1/9/2023 at 11:06 AM, ouija ouija said:

He's made enough now out of the book and Netflix to set him and Megan up for life. He can now retire from the RF and public life and enjoy the rest of his life. Anonymity might be a good idea anyway, in view of his unpopularity with the Taliban.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, pellinore said:

He's made enough now out of the book and Netflix to set him and Megan up for life. He can now retire from the RF and public life and enjoy the rest of his life. Anonymity might be a good idea anyway, in view of his unpopularity with the Taliban.

Yes, he really has done an amazing feat of uniting the UK and the Taliban when it comes to him and his missus. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I think we are seeing the emergence of the most unpopular Royal of all time.

I like King Charles, he impressed me when he took over, I like William too, but Harry, 0 out of 10 from me.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 3

Hi Harry. Shut the **** up.  Thanks.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, susieice said:

There isn't anyone in the RF he doesn't trash in this book. Even Princess Margaret. She's been dead for 20 yrs. 

Harry’s scarred and It’s empowering. I just hope he makes the money last. There’s no going back

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I think we are seeing the emergence of the most unpopular Royal of all time.

I like King Charles, he impressed me when he took over, I like William too, but Harry, 0 out of 10 from me.

Agree. I like Charles the King better than the Prince. William and his wife let down his brother, thou.

…but unpopular for whom? His family yes the British royal fans, yes but everyone one else he’s a legend. 

• Confused 2

On 1/10/2023 at 2:20 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Management should really add an angry emoji as a response. This cleric should really be deported to A’stan

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Agree. I like Charles the King better than the Prince. William and his wife let down his brother, thou.

…but unpopular for whom? His family yes the British royal fans, yes but everyone one else he’s a legend. 

A 'legend' to anyone who can't see through him.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Hi Harry. Shut the **** up.  Thanks.

Please don't send him back.:tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2