Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mystery of the Mary Celeste still endures 150 years on

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Thanks for the information and that’s another reason I chose to find my own source of information which is the only explanation that has been scientifically investigated by building a replica and testing scenarios. I really get tired of people offering opinions with no sources to back them up, I will not discuss or argue someone’s opinion it’s the most ignorant and foolish thing anyone can do!

Here is my source Solved: The Mystery of the Mary Celeste: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2006/may/solved-mystery-mary-celeste and I am sticking with it until a source proves me wrong!:tu:

If you had bothered to check that wikipage, you'd have seen that reference 92 is the same link as you posted...

My point: checking a wikipage, nowadays, isn't necessarily a bad start.

20 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

If you had bothered to check that wikipage, you'd have seen that reference 92 is the same link as you posted...

My point: checking a wikipage, nowadays, isn't necessarily a bad start.

I actually did and yes it’s mentioned ,however the link located ‘at 92 doesn’t take you to the Article that I linked above. All it talks about is the Paper, the Express.The article I linked is direct from UCL University Is where  the testing was done.

To be clear I did bother.

Thanks 

Edited by Grim Reaper 6

28 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I actually did and yes it’s mentioned ,however the link located ‘at 92 doesn’t take you to the Article that I linked above. All it talks about is the Paper, the Express.The article I linked is direct from UCL University Is where  the testing was done.

To be clear I did bother.

Thanks 

Well, that ìs weird: the link of reference 92 takes me to exactly the same article you linked to:

Screenshot_20230104-150439_Firefox.jpg.0221b776c10916ec033d44945efa18b8.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Well, that ìs weird: the link of reference 92 takes me to exactly the same article you linked to:

Screenshot_20230104-150439_Firefox.jpg.0221b776c10916ec033d44945efa18b8.jpg

No it’s not weird I have my head in my ass , I was tired last night I must have clicked the Daily Express link. Your point is well taken thanks fir providing the information!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No it’s not weird I have my head in my ass , I was tired last night I must have clicked the Daily Express link. Your point is well taken thanks fir providing the information!

Jesus, I thought it had something to do with international laws and scheise like that, so my link would sent you to an 'alternative' site.

Ok, glad that's settled.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Abramelin said:

Jesus, I thought it had something to do with international laws and scheise like that, so my link would sent you to an 'alternative' site.

Ok, glad that's settled.

No, the problem is that I have not been sleeping well 4 hours a night for the last week and I have been a bit exhausted nothing nefarious just a lack of sleep.

hope this clears things up. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No, the problem is that I have not been sleeping well 4 hours a night for the last week and I have been a bit exhausted nothing nefarious just a lack of sleep.

hope this clears things up. 

It does.

If I don't drink strong beer (3 half-liter cans of 10.5 %) I sleep for no more than 3 hours a day.

Ok. Back on topic.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

It does.

If I don't drink strong beer (3 half-liter cans of 10.5 %) I sleep for no more than 3 hours a day.

Ok. Back on topic.

For me it started occurring when I was first diagnosed with PTSD in 1999. One day I left Corps HQ just like any other day, went home kissed the wife, but I could not sleep that night at all. Well, it went on for 5 going on 6 days, and by then I was hearing things and hallucinating so I went to the Hospital on post. Well, they immediately admitted me, and gave me a sedative through IV that knocked me out for approximately 48 hours. When, I finally woke up, the doctor said that they had done a sleep study, and then another doctor came in and asked me questions for approximately 3 hours.

The next day I received a diagnosis of PTSD, I was given medication  which I have been taking since then and I have had sleep issues ever since. It also isn’t helpful that I experience severe pain most days, while I can block it during the day mostly at night it’s difficult. However, unless it goes past a 10 on the pain scale I don’t use narcotic pain medication so I get by without it most months and then for no more than two or three days then I stop use for 10 days, this prevents addiction. I can’t drink because of the other medication I take, and I use to love some German dark beer called Alt, and Single Malt Scotch.  So, I am kind of stuck and must deal with things as best I can. Yet even with the issues I have, I don’t regret a dam thing about my life and would change nothing looking back.

Peace!:tu:

• Like 3