Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do you drink your coffee or tea?

Unusual Tournament

- cappuccino Extra hot no sugar when I’m out and freeze dried with a dash of cream and honey when I’m at home

• Like 2

Strong and black with a sweetener that isn't sugar.

• Like 5

When I’m having breakfast in a restaurant, it’s always black with Sweet-n-Low.

But after retiring two years ago, I’ve become very creative with my morning coffee routine at home.

I mix the grounds, 1/2 Decaf and 1/2 French Dark Roast, in my 5-cup Mr. Coffeemaker, then in each 2-1/2 cup mug I add two heaping teaspoons of Organic Coconut Palm Sugar and a heaping teaspoon of Hershey’s 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.

I normally brew two pots of coffee, because I need to fuel my brain to wade through my morning routine of Wordle, the Daily Jumble, four crossword puzzles, three games of Freecell, and three games of Wordscapes. 

You see, years ago, I read somewhere that doing puzzles prevents Alzheimer’s. But then, years later, further studies found that doing puzzles really doesn’t prevent Alzheimer’s at all, but it definitely makes you really good at doing puzzles. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

When I’m having breakfast in a restaurant, it’s always black with Sweet-n-Low.

But after retiring two years ago, I’ve become very creative with my morning coffee routine at home.

I mix the grounds, 1/2 Decaf and 1/2 French Dark Roast, in my 5-cup Mr. Coffeemaker, then in each 2-1/2 cup mug I add two heaping teaspoons of Organic Coconut Palm Sugar and a heaping teaspoon of Hershey’s 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.

I normally brew two pots of coffee, because I need to fuel my brain to wade through my morning routine of Wordle, the Daily Jumble, four crossword puzzles, three games of Freecell, and three games of Wordscapes. 

You see, years ago, I read somewhere that doing puzzles prevents Alzheimer’s. But then, years later, further studies found that doing puzzles really doesn’t prevent Alzheimer’s at all, but it definitely makes you really good at doing puzzles. 

Sounds like your  coffee routine is a puzzle also. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ell said:

I usually do not drink tea but when I do - only when I visit a friend or at public social occasions - I add some salt into it.

Salt? do explain please

• Like 1

I dont drink coffee never liked it when i drink tea i dont like it too sweet and perfer herbal teas mostly served cold.

• Like 4

Green tea with ginger and local honey and my coffee was black, now with a touch of milk.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I dont drink coffee never liked it when i drink tea i dont like it too sweet and perfer herbal teas mostly served cold.

Man that reminds me of my grandmother. She made me drink mint tea cold. I still drink it from time to time. I pull some mint outta the garden and boil it. A bit of honey. Not bad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

Green tea with ginger and local honey and my coffee was black, now with a touch of milk.

Carrot and ginger juice is mad

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Carrot and ginger juice is mad

Ginger in any fruit or veggy juice is mad.

I drink straight up unsweetened fresh cranberry juice everyday and cut it with ginger and honey tea.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Man that reminds me of my grandmother. She made me drink mint tea cold. I still drink it from time to time. I pull some mint outta the garden and boil it. A bit of honey. Not bad

My sister makes spearmint honey tea all the time but she has a monster patch of it in her garden. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

Ginger in any fruit or veggy juice is mad.

I drink straight up unsweetened fresh cranberry juice everyday and cut it with ginger and honey tea.

We regularly buy Carrot, apple, ginger and turmeric juice from the shop. Tastes great. Would be even better if we were not time poor and made it ourselves. Cranberry juice tea of yours sounds healthy too

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

My sister makes spearmint honey tea all the time but she has a monster patch of it in her garden. 

stuff grows like a weed. We never run out of it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

We regularly buy Carrot, apple, ginger and turmeric juice from the shop. Tastes great. Would be even better if we were not time poor and made it ourselves. Cranberry juice tea of yours sounds healthy too

My cousin is a member of the Ocean Spray co-op along with a friend.

I'm never out if them.

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

stuff grows like a weed. We never run out of it. 

That's why it's not in our yard, nor planted at the misses' garden center.

I had to dig out a catnip invasion which was bad enough.

I was a 60s teen druggie baby born with severe health issues. I can't even use aspirin. 

Luckily I had a herbalist grandmother and grandfather who followed the Harvard studies and didn't go for the alternative woocrap. 

Edited by Piney
Aaahhhhhhhh.........
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

My cousin is a member of the Ocean Spray co-op along with a friend.

I'm never out if them.

That's why it's not in our yard, nor planted at the misses' garden center.

I had to dig out a catnip invasion which was bad enough.

I was a 60s teen druggie baby born with severe health issues. I can't even use aspirin. 

Luckily I had a herbalist grandmother and grandfather who followed the Harvard studies and didn't go for the alternative woocrap. So I don't mess with 

We get ocean spray cranberry juice here. Buy it every now and again. Good with vodka

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

We get ocean spray cranberry juice here. Buy it every now and again. Good with vodka

Where's "here"? :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Where's "here"? :lol:

Australia 

• Thanks 1

I drink tea mostly, a little milk and no sugar.

When I do drink coffee it's always made with all milk and no sugar, I don't like water coffee. 

• Thanks 2

Strong and black.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Still Waters said:

I drink tea mostly, a little milk and no sugar.

When I do drink coffee it's always made with all milk and no sugar, I don't like water coffee. 

Cappuccino’s and lattes are basically all milk too but with a shot or two of coffee instead of a spoonful of coffee. Thanks for posting 

• Like 2

I don't drink coffee.  I drink a cup of cocoa in the morning, it is just a tablespoon of cocoa powder with 12 ounces of hot milk.   When I drink tea it is straight, whether black tea or herbal I do not use sweetener or milk.   I prefer iced tea except in the morning when it is really cold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't drink coffee.  I drink a cup of cocoa in the morning, it is just a tablespoon of cocoa powder with 12 ounces of hot milk.   When I drink tea it is straight, whether black tea or herbal I do not use sweetener or milk.   I prefer iced tea except in the morning when it is really cold.

I can’t drink straight black tea. Makes me queasy. Need some honey or sugar. herbal teas are more agreeable. We get that ice tea flavoured with peach. I like that. Cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I can’t drink straight black tea. Makes me queasy. Need some honey or sugar. herbal teas are more agreeable. We get that ice tea flavoured with peach. I like that. Cheers 

I like lemon in my iced tea, not fond of other flavors because they seem to come with sweetener, which I think ruins it.   When I was a kid my parent drank sweet tea until my mother was told by the doctor to quit sugar and only eat oranges if she craved sugar because of her low blood sugar (in the 60's).  My brother and I were small and we always drank her tea.   So when she quit using sweetener (she only had the option of sacharyn as a substitute) we started drinking my dad's tea.  He hated that so he quit using sugar as well, so we got used to drinking it with sugar.   :)  

• Like 2

For Coffee, I use 2 sugars and one teaspoon of cream. When I drink Hot Tea one tea spoon of honey. 

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Like 2