Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Small village in England is an unexpected UFO hotspot

UM-Bot

Reminds me a bit of the also decades old gulf breeze ed walters ufo flap here in florida. I can only imagine ed made a lot more than 20gs.

So great was the interest in her footage of the phenomenon that a Hollywood producer reportedly purchased it for over $24,000 and even NASA officials got in touch with her because the object she had filmed matched one spotted during the STS-75 Columbia Space Shuttle mission in 1996.

It's a shame that they couldn't say which "Hollywood producer" or what "NASA officials" because that would have made these claims credible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I took a look at that night in Stellarium and shining quite well at magnitude -2.3 was Jupiter. Saturn and Mars was also visible that night.

The image looks like an out of focus bright object. So get an old camcorder. Point it at something at night. The autofocus will fail and voila. You'll be over $24000 richer.

image.png.864961e11a3f4acca00880c2fec9c859.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

I took a look at that night in Stellarium and shining quite well at magnitude -2.3 was Jupiter. Saturn and Mars was also visible that night.

The image looks like an out of focus bright object. So get an old camcorder. Point it at something at night. The autofocus will fail and voila. You'll be over $24000 richer.

Yep, we used to see a lot of weird cool UFO videos that werent really what the object looked like but rather what the old auto focus made them to look like.

Im lost why any one thinks the rowland video is of any merits or value its a jittery out of focus mess all it shows is a light in the sky.

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

Yep, we used to see a lot of weird cool UFO videos that werent really what the object looked like but rather what the old auto focus made them to look like.

Im lost why any one thinks the rowland video is of any merits or value its a jittery out of focus mess all it shows is a light in the sky.

The video will be shown while the people will describe the event and their description will not be corroborated by the video. That will impress people that are mind numbed video watchers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stereologist said:

That would explain why the article chose to run a photo of a muddy one lane road instead of the "UFO".

• Like 2

If this is the same video I'm thinking it is there is a segment on it in one of the "Britain's Closest Encounters" episodes where a guy reckons it's a street light because of the black part in the middle.  I don't know either way but she was another one of those cases where sharing the video didn't work out too good for her.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gumball said:

If this is the same video I'm thinking it is there is a segment on it in one of the "Britain's Closest Encounters" episodes where a guy reckons it's a street light because of the black part in the middle.  I don't know either way but she was another one of those cases where sharing the video didn't work out too good for her.  

The "UFO" has all of the characteristics of an out of focus bright light source through cheap optics. It has the "onion ring" around the edges, ridges and streaks in the middle, and a dark center.

In the early 90s we saw lots of similar videos of "triangular UFOs". They were the same thing but the cheap camcorders had three bladed apertures which turned the blob into a triangle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

The "UFO" has all of the characteristics of an out of focus bright light source through cheap optics. It has the "onion ring" around the edges, ridges and streaks in the middle, and a dark center.

In the early 90s we saw lots of similar videos of "triangular UFOs". They were the same thing but the cheap camcorders had three bladed apertures which turned the blob into a triangle.

He seemed pretty convinced.  She was affronted.  I'm sure the episode is watchable on YT.  It's either the Welsh Triangle or Berwyn Mountains episode. 

• Like 1