Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Says It Shot Down a UFO

Grim Reaper 6

A mystery object described by one local news outlet as a "UFO" has been shot down in the southern Russian region of Rostov. Vasily Golubev, the governor of Rostov oblast, wrote on Telegram that a "small-size object in the shape of a ball" had been discovered flying "in the wind" at an altitude of around one and a half miles on January 3. With the object spotted above the village of Sultan Sala in the region's Myasnikovsky district, Golubev said "the decision was taken to liquidate it."

In reporting his comments, local news outlet Pivyet Rostov carried a headline that said "a UFO in the form of a ball was shot down in the sky." "Look, another one has gone," someone is heard saying in the clip, which was captioned, "another video of the work of Rostov regional air defenses." A witness told the channel how "there was a very strong explosion" and that "everything in the house shook. We realized that the air defenses were in operation."

Russia Says It Shot Down a UFO (msn.com)

Russia Says It Shot Down a UFO

I think this explains what happened I think they are spaced out:)

image.jpeg.c8c2ddc39e7180c9d4987857cbbd2866.jpeg

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

So the tic tac spherical ufo's aka likely usa manufactured drones are real ...

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Confused 1

If they actually shot down anything it was man made.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

I agree with you both, I posted this because I knew it would create conversation. I am not personally offering an opinion either you,  I will answer questions but I know no more than what’s in the link because it’s breaking news.

So, please enjoy I have my popcorn and I will sit here and enjoy the conversation!:tu:

21 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree with you both, I posted this because I knew it would create conversation. I am not personally offering an opinion either you,  I will answer questions but I know no more than what’s in the link because it’s breaking news.

So, please enjoy I have my popcorn and I will sit here and enjoy the conversation!:tu:

If you have inside info to add please do i leave soon wont be back til sunday and i dont think i can stand to wait to hear its.....man-made.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

If you have inside info to add please do i leave soon wont be back til sunday and i dont think i can stand to wait to hear its.....man-made.

I don’t sincerely No anything, Bats like I said I only know what’s in the link nothing more or I honestly tell you. I  have never seen a drone with a bright light like that, especially over a target it was going to attack or gather information on. I mean to have it lite up like that is insane, I suppose over the next few days there will be more information on the topic, what’s strange is apparently it was shot down over land, well they didn’t mention what the debris consisted of at all, hopefully they will soon.

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Have a great show hope you enjoy yourself and your weekend is chill!:tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I  have never seen a drone with a bright light like that, especially over a target it was going to attack or gather information on. I mean to have it lite up like that is insane, I suppose over the next few days there will be more information on the topic, what’s strange is apparently it was shot down over land, well they didn’t mention what the debris consisted of at all, hopefully they will soon.

Maybe it was meant to scare or to test Russian defence?

Here's a drone with a spherical light on top:

https://images.app.goo.gl/c45hL3Ka41bBRxeD6

url(43).thumb.jpg.7b7e95e61e2220bb023276259bfd6aee.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3

Maybe it was a Ukrainian defense project.   Have the Russians waste a missile so it won't be used in the Ukraine.   

• Like 4

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

Off topic, saw Grim said have a great show.   Fellow musician?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Maybe it was meant to scare or to test Russian defence?

Here's a drone with a spherical light on top:

https://images.app.goo.gl/c45hL3Ka41bBRxeD6

url(43).thumb.jpg.7b7e95e61e2220bb023276259bfd6aee.jpg

Maybe it was like you said, but do you think they would have the light turned on during a combat attack or mission. I don’t know, but I don’t believe so because the idea is to do the job and get your drone back fir the next mission.

But, I also think even if it were a test the object would be to see if radar detected it, and if not how far it could travel before being detected so, having a light on only majestic certain that it will be destroyed which serves no purpose.

Just now, HSlim said:

Off topic, saw Grim said have a great show.   Fellow musician?

Bats is a fantastic DJ that is sought after in Florida, the reason I am answering is because he may already be gone and heading fir work!

Hope this helps!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Bats is a fantastic DJ that is sought after in Florida, the reason I am answering is because he may already be gone and heading fir work!

Hope this helps!:tu:

Very cool.  I was just curious, been on guitar since I was 10, so this coming xmas will be 30 years for me.  I was known as Hurricane Slim around the south Atlanta area for a while until I got not so slim. 

Anyway, back on topic, sorry for the derail.  Tear it up Bats!

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Maybe it was like you said, but do you think they would have the light turned on during a combat attack or mission. I don’t know, but I don’t believe so because the idea is to do the job and get your drone back fir the next mission.

But, I also think even if it were a test the object would be to see if radar detected it, and if not how far it could travel before being detected so, having a light on only majestic certain that it will be destroyed which serves no purpose.

If it flew low enough it would probably not be detected by radar. Then, just to p@@ off the Russian defense, the light was turned on, like in "Here we are and you didn't even see us coming!"

Man, I have no idea.

• Like 1

just to be on the same page with y'all: the luminous thing we see is the rocket? While we don't see the object it's targeting until it hits?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

just to be on the same page with y'all: the luminous thing we see is the rocket? While we don't see the object it's targeting until it hits?

No, it’s actually the object, not the rocket according to the source in the OP!

An image shared on Russian social media shows an object above the southern Russian region of Rostov on January 3, 2023. The regional governor said that an object was shot down in the area which has been the scene of drone attacks.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Very cool.  I was just curious, been on guitar since I was 10, so this coming xmas will be 30 years for me.  I was known as Hurricane Slim around the south Atlanta area for a while until I got not so slim. 

Anyway, back on topic, sorry for the derail.  Tear it up Bats!

Hey, no problem Bats talks about it here once in awhile. No, thanks very much fir sharing, your never off topic uf your sharing interesting information and being a famous guitar player that’s really cool!:tu: @HSlim

Are you a Blues player?

I am a rock and roller from the 60s todate but I love the blues and country rock, here a great song!

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No, it’s actually the object, not the rocket according to the source in the OP!

An image shared on Russian social media shows an object above the southern Russian region of Rostov on January 3, 2023. The regional governor said that an object was shot down in the area which has been the scene of drone attacks.

Here's another 'great' source of information:

https://m.jpost.com/omg/article-726849/amp

Quote:

As reported by the Rostov Gazeta, alternative claims by locals included the Moon being shot down, a balloon carrying Winnie the Pooh being shot down by Piglet's gun, a weather balloon and Santa Claus on his way back to the North Pole.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Not Winnie the poop!:D

That would explain they don't mention any recovered wreckage.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Hey, no problem Bats talks about it here once in awhile. No, thanks very much fir sharing, your never off topic uf your sharing interesting information and being a famous guitar player that’s really cool!:tu: @HSlim

Are you a Blues player?

I am a rock and roller from the 60s todate but I love the blues and country rock, here a great song!

Yep, blues and blues rock.  More along the lines of Hendrix, SRV and Rory Gallagher than Muddy Waters or BB King, but I can and have played almost all styles of blues other than Delta at some point. Wouldn't say I was famous or anything like that, had a small local following but not much more.  Became a single father with full custody at 22 so that put an end to any aspirations of fame and I've been relegated to the dive bar circuit at this point.

Speaking of the Allmans, actually knew Butch Trucks and spoke to him online many times before he killed himself.  He wasn't exactly a pleasant man to talk to most of the time, very opinionated and liked to kinda force political discussion when no political discussion was being had.  Also, saw Gregg's last show on the Laid Back Fest in Atlanta before he died.  Jaimoe's jazz group played on the secondary stage the same day. 

• Like 3

Just now, HSlim said:

Yep, blues and blues rock.  More along the lines of Hendrix, SRV and Rory Gallagher than Muddy Waters or BB King, but I can and have played almost all styles of blues other than Delta at some point. Wouldn't say I was famous or anything like that, had a small local following but not much more.  Became a single father with full custody at 22 so that put an end to any aspirations of fame and I've been relegated to the dive bar circuit at this point

Well that’s very cool, well taking care of your I am certain you aware is the most important thing we dab do while here on Earth. My wife and had Daughter and she caught an illness and many years later she passed away at home I found her one in Oct of 2012. So, I totally respect you decision to put your child ahead of yourself and what you wanted in life, my hat is off to you:tu:

Just now, HSlim said:

Speaking of the Allmans, actually knew Butch Trucks and spoke to him online many times before he killed himself.  He wasn't exactly a pleasant man to talk to most of the time, very opinionated and liked to kinda force political discussion when no political discussion was being had.  Also, saw Gregg's last show on the Laid Back Fest in Atlanta before he died.  Jaimoe's jazz group played on the secondary stage the same day. 

Wow thats actually very very cool, I have followed the band since Duane founded it in 1969. I cut my teeth on Rick and Roll, but I especially liked the Blues and the Southeen Rock movement and the Allman Brothers were one of the first. Dicky Betts is my favorite without the songs he wrote they really would have never went far in my opinion, but Dicky had some serious drug’s problems and Greg kicked him to the curb which I never agreed with, because with him I don’t think they would have survived after Duane’s death! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Yep, blues and blues rock.  More along the lines of Hendrix, SRV and Rory Gallagher than Muddy Waters or BB King, but I can and have played almost all styles of blues other than Delta at some point. Wouldn't say I was famous or anything like that, had a small local following but not much more.  Became a single father with full custody at 22 so that put an end to any aspirations of fame and I've been relegated to the dive bar circuit at this point.

I don't often run into people who know who Rory is.  I'm a big fan.  

Are you also a Robin Trower fan?   I seen him in concert at a small venue in St. Louis last year.   Great show.  

Edited by Myles
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't often run into people who know who Rory is.  I'm a big fan.  

Are you also a Robin Trower fan?   I seen him in concert at a small venue in St. Louis last year.   Great show.  

Absolutely love Trower, particularly his earlier work.  As phenomenal of a player as he is, I think my favorite thing about him is that he doesn't have a clue about any of the gear he's playing, he just makes it sound good.  Saw a video a while back where he was giving a rundown of his rig and he had to ask his tech what model amp he was using which is pretty laughable for anyone who's been playing for any amount of time let alone for the length of time he's played as well as his level of skill.  As for Rory, it's almost criminal that he isn't more well known.  The guy could blow Hendrix out of the water and make it sound cleaner any day of the week and even Hendrix acknowledged that.  My personal favorites of his are Shadowplay, Moonchild and Follow Me

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 3