Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Says It Shot Down a UFO

Grim Reaper 6

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I thought we are the aliens.

Well, I’m not I died twice and they brought back so I must be Immortal, maybe I will get to meet Duncan McCloud! :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I saw the same thing happened, and the Driller Sergeant’s took advantage of the situation and called them names, talked about their mom’s,   and anything else that would show how much work was needed. I mean when I joined in 1978, that was still considered Vietnam era, and the DI acted no different than they did before the war ended. The individuals who cried caught holy hell what we reached the Barracks :lol:which were old WWII wooden buildings. I was glad that basic was only 10 week, then 39 weeks of AIT, I went to Ft. Benning, Ga for Jump school, and then I got a months leave and to my first duty station. :tu:

Ah you were in my neck of the woods for jump school.  Not enlisted, but I'm based at Dobbins

• Like 1

Just now, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well, I’m not I died twice and they brought back so I must be Immortal, maybe I will get to meet Duncan McCloud! :lol:

There can be only one!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I saw the same thing happened, and the Driller Sergeant’s took advantage of the situation and called them names, talked about their mom’s,   and anything else that would show how much work was needed. I mean when I joined in 1978, that was still considered Vietnam era, and the DI acted no different than they did before the war ended. The individuals who cried caught holy hell what we reached the Barracks :lol:which were old WWII wooden buildings. I was glad that basic was only 10 week, then 39 weeks of AIT, I went to Ft. Benning, Ga for Jump school, and then I got a months leave and to my first duty station. :tu:

Yeah, I was in the 3rd basic training group of women after they got rid of the Women's Army Corps.   The women were treated differently, the drill sergeants didn't know what to do about some things.   But they did have some program to get everyone to cry at least once.   They had to bring in a drill sergeant from another company to break me and I didn't let them see it, and later I realized that was the game.   Of course it was a game and a vacation for me.  The hardest part was that they would not give me boots that fit and for a while I rebeled by wearing my shoes that went with the skirts.   That is how they got me in the end, a rainy day of running relays on wet  grass and then a stranger yelling at me when I fell.   The other stuff was so stupid I was laughing all the time.  Like my cousin's son told his drill sergent "My mother can yell louder and say more foul things than that!".    :lol:   Summed up what I thought of all the yelling, and then they were not allowed to use curse words around the women so the worst they could say was "You yardbirds ....."   But we saw how the men were treated and it was bothersome.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Traffic is one of those bands that doesn't get the credit they deserve these days.  Most people don't know (at least in my age group) that Feeling Alright was  Traffic song before Joe Cocker covered it.  Dave Mason played backup on a good number of Hendrixs studio songs too, including the acoustic rhythm part on All Along the Watchtower

I agree with you, i suspect you had to live in that time frame to appreciate some of this music. I have every record that was officially released by Jimi, abd two bootleg recordings that were from his early days when he was billed as Jimi James and the Blue Flames. Many of Winwoods songs were covered, to me that’s a compliment, yet many artists do not see that way. I never liked Joe Cocker, and fir some reason I hated Jethro Tull, I could not stand his voice don’t know why to this day.

Here’s a goody. Alice is still going strong my friend!

Ain’t wasting time no more.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Ah you were in my neck of the woods for jump school.  Not enlisted, but I'm based at Dobbins

I was there in 1979, and later I was at Ft. Stewart, Ga and I Met my wife in Savannah, Ga and we married December 31, 1986. I loved Jump School, the only problem was I had always been afraid of heights, so on my first jump I got kicked in the ass and out the dam door.:lol:

I have to get some sleep here it’s 12:50 am, take care!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree with you, i suspect you had to live in that time frame to appreciate some of this music. I have every record that was officially released by Jimi, abd two bootleg recordings that were from his early days when he was billed as Jimi James and the Blue Flames. Many of Winwoods songs were covered, to me that’s a compliment, yet many artists do not see that way. I never liked Joe Cocker, and fir some reason I hated Jethro Tull, I could not stand his voice don’t know why to this day.

Here’s a goody. Alice is still going strong my friend!

Ain’t wasting time no more.

I'm exactly 7 months away from being 40 today. I was lucky to have a dad who turned me on to Cream and Hendrix instead of **** like Jimmy Buffett (no offense to any Parrotheads).  Jethro Tull is one of those bands that has some great songs but I absolutely hate Anderson's voice, especially live. Joe Cocker is hit or miss for me.  Absolutely love his voice and he's been one of my main vocal influences since I was in high school, but I really only get into his early stuff and the material he did with Leon Russell on the Mad Dogs tour.

Jimi, in my opinion, was phenomenal in the studio and probably a lot of fun and impressive to see in person, but once you listen back to the live stuff it's just sloppy.  No disrespect intended, he was breaking new ground and it is what it is and I'm listening at a time when it's no longer new so I'm definitely biased after hearing guys like Trower do the same things with more control.  Speaking of Jimi, have I ever shown y'all the pic I have of him in my friend's mother's apartment?

• Thanks 1

Just in case....  Sorry for the glare Its a picture of a photo album.  She wouldn't take it out, understandably.  Had two unused 3 day Woodstock passes in there too.

received_891766647417.jpeg

Edited by HSlim
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HSlim said:

I'm exactly 7 months away from being 40 today. I was lucky to have a dad who turned me on to Cream and Hendrix instead of **** like Jimmy Buffett (no offense to any Parrotheads).  Jethro Tull is one of those bands that has some great songs but I absolutely hate Anderson's voice, especially live. Joe Cocker is hit or miss for me.  Absolutely love his voice and he's been one of my main vocal influences since I was in high school, but I really only get into his early stuff and the material he did with Leon Russell on the Mad Dogs tour.

Jimi, in my opinion, was phenomenal in the studio and probably a lot of fun and impressive to see in person, but once you listen back to the live stuff it's just sloppy.  No disrespect intended, he was breaking new ground and it is what it is and I'm listening at a time when it's no longer new so I'm definitely biased after hearing guys like Trower do the same things with more control.  Speaking of Jimi, have I ever shown y'all the pic I have of him in my friend's mother's apartment?

BS, I'm 50+, and AC/DC are the best... Add to that Mekong Delta, Accept, Motorhead, Behemoth, Solstafir, In Flames, Soilwork, etc, etc, etc

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

BS, I'm 50+, and AC/DC are the best... Add to that Mekong Delta, Accept, Motorhead, Behemoth, Solstafir, In Flames, Soilwork, etc, etc, etc

All awesome bands.  Have you heard AC/DCs latest album with Cliff and Malcolm's brother holding down rhythm?  Mists of Time is actually really touching.  I dig all the older stuff with Bon too but I'm one of the weirdos that prefers Brian on vocals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSlim said:

All awesome bands.  Have you heard AC/DCs latest album with Cliff and Malcolm's brother holding down rhythm?  Mists of Time is actually really touching.  I dig all the older stuff with Bon too but I'm one of the weirdos that prefers Brian on vocals

Nope, havem't heard yet, I will. I'm bit drunk, not like that yet

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HSlim said:

There can be only one!

Yep, when the APC I was in hit an IED and was flipped sideways a number of times the last thing I expected when I woke up 2 weeks later in a Hospital in Germany was to be told during MEDIVAX I died twice once for a little over two minutes. I had fractured vertebrae, broken bones, and a traumatic brain injury or TBI, the doctors told me later it’s amazing I didn’t suffer brain damage or die so I must be a Highland because who else could survive that, while it’s not really funny I can’t help laughing when I think about, because there are worse things to be called, like Dead! ☠️ The Highland comments started in Germany, other wounded soldiers use to call me that as a joke and I liked it so I occasionally use it today. But, that’s not the funniest part, the doctors over heard the comments and one day my doctor says how are we feeling today Highlander, :lol: and until I left that hospital for rehab in the USA, all the doctors would tease be about that, I didn’t mind the nurses teasing at all, but I have always been a loyal husband, yet never felt guilty about looking !:lol:

Here is my buddy Freddie Murcury, Queen was a fantastic band and no other Rock Singer had a voice like Freddie he is one of those artists that left us way too soon!

RIP Freddie Murcury - September 1946 to November 1991

Bad Company was a great band and they certainly said this best in this song!

@Desertrat56 thought you may enjoy this!:D

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, I was in the 3rd basic training group of women after they got rid of the Women's Army Corps.The women were treated differently, the drill sergeants didn't know what to do about some things. But they did have some program to get everyone to cry at least once. They had to bring in a drill sergeant from another company to break me and I didn't let them see it, and later I realized that was the game..Of course it was a game and a vacation for me The hardest part was that they would not give me boots that fit and for a while I rebeled by wearing my shoes that went with the skirts.

I remember those days, well and I don’t think it’s necessary for everyone to be abused like I was, but it’s fun because I was a smart ass, and very physically fit, my favorite smart ass remark was to challenge a Drill Instructor to do push-ups or run only one ever excepted and I spanked him and bad. But, he was a great guy and I really respected him for standing kup and taking my challenge, I think he was aware he wouldn’t be able to keep up, but at least when it was all said and done we gained respect for other that you can only get in a situation like that.

When, I graduated from Basic we had dinner and a few beers, because I was held over a few days because I got sick the last 15 days of basic training, when I graduated I went to the aide station and was sent to the hospital. It turns out I had Walking Pneumonia, I wonder why I was coughing up fluid that would fill a small glass. Anyway, one Drill ‘instructors saw me bring up that much fluid during a detail and sent me to the aide station. So, at the hospital, they said my lungs still were one fourth full of fluid, and that I was already beginning to recover.

They asked me how long was I having the problem I said approximately 15 days, the dam doctor looked at me like I was stupid and said son why didn’t you go to sick call. I told him I didn’t want to be held back during basic training, so I bought cold medicine at a shoppet along with Tylenol and stuck it out. He, called le a Jack ass and laughed at me so they gave me antibiotic’s through an IV for Approximately 5 days, suctioned my chest and allowed mr to move on Abut 8/days later to my AIT Duty Statio.  

That is how they got me in the end, a rainy day of running relays on wet  grass and then a stranger yelling at me when I fell.   The other stuff was so stupid I was laughing all the time.  Like my cousin's son told his drill sergent "My mother can yell louder and say more foul things than that!".    :lol:   Summed up what I thought of all the yelling, and then they were not allowed to use curse words around the women so the worst they could say was "You yardbirds ....."   But we saw how the men were treated and it was bothersome.

That’s hilarious, it sounds like you enjoyed yourself i mean I did. They made me the Platoon leader, and I was cool, but I had some serious Knuckle heads in the platoon, one guy cried every night because he missed his girl friend, at first I was cool but after a while it was annoying, and he was bothering other because of the noise. I stopped him from getting a blanket party, but I reported to the drill instructors, and about three weeks in he was sent home failure to adapt. But, it was ly first leadership position and I must  say I learned a great deal which served me very well later. Yea, it really sounds like you had fun. :lol: That great because an experience like that’s once in a life time do it’s important to take full advantage of it, in my opinion!

Hey sincerely thanks for sharing I enjoyed the memories!:tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

@Trelane here is updated information @the13bats @Cupid Stunt

The surprising incident reportedly took place on Tuesday when a “small-size object in the shape of a ball” was spotted in Rostov Oblast.

There are things that appear to demonstrate interesting flight dynamics that we are fully investigating and researching right now," said Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick, who serves as the head of the government's UFO division, on December 16. Dr. Kirkpatrick also revealed the DoD was working alongside "the Department of Energy, the Federal Aviation Administration, NASA, the National Oceanic, and Atmospheric Administration and others to share information and tap resources" in an effort to further investigate and study the “hundreds” of recent UFO sightings. Even more shocking was Dr. Kirkpatrick’s confirmation that 144 UFO incidents were reported in June 2021, while 400 more incidents were reported in May 2022.

According to Vasily Golubev, who serves as governor of the Russian region, the unidentified object was flying at an altitude of one and a half miles before the region’s local air defenses successfully destroyed it. After "the decision was taken to liquidate” the alleged UFO, Golubev urged the region’s citizens not to panic because “the sky is covered with anti-aircraft defenses” meant to destroy such potential threats. Ostorozhna, a local news channel in Rostov Oblast, later showed footage of the “small-size object in the shape of a ball” exploding in the sky after being struck by the anti-aircraft defense missiles.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-anti-aircraft-missiles-destroy-alleged-ufo-in-nation-s-southern-region-russian-air-defense-claims/ar-AA163Pju?ocid=EMMX&cvid=5a3e3891e41c46b7bdd771ebe4ab3024

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That’s hilarious, it sounds like you enjoyed yourself i mean I did. They made me the Platoon leader, and I was cool, but I had some serious Knuckle heads in the platoon, one guy cried every night because he missed his girl friend, at first I was cool but after a while it was annoying, and he was bothering other because of the noise. I stopped him from getting a blanket party, but I reported to the drill instructors, and about three weeks in he was sent home failure to adapt. But, it was ly first leadership position and I must  say I learned a great deal which served me very well later. Yea, it really sounds like you had fun. :lol: That great because an experience like that’s once in a life time do it’s important to take full advantage of it, in my opinion!

Hey sincerely thanks for sharing I enjoyed the memories!:tu:

I never heard of a blanket party until I got to permanent duty, but we did have an incident where two women who were fighting joined forces to throw another woman down the stairwell because she tried to use logic to break up the fight and neither of them understood and though she was insulting them (which in a way she was because the fight was really stupid).  Then we were all pulled out of bed and put in formation so that the drill sergeant could yell at us about we don't have any color in this army except green, you are all green!   The woman who was thrown down the stairwell spent the night at the infirmary but was ok and back with us the next norning.    She joined to be an interpreter and had some college.   She was also tough and the only one who didn't mind me using multi sylable words.

• Like 1

Here is a song dedicated to a dear friend, whom is no longer with us he lost his life in 2004, in Mosul Iraqi

Rest In Peace John!:tu:

• Like 1

Why don't you just create a thread about your own personal $**t (music and whatever) instead of derailing the thread about the "ufo" ???

Edited by Tomas S
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I never heard of a blanket party until I got to permanent duty, but we did have an incident where two women who were fighting joined forces to throw another woman down the stairwell because she tried to use logic to break up the fight and neither of them understood and though she was insulting them (which in a way she was because the fight was really stupid )

I am not really surprised, blanket Parties in my opinion were asinine, I have always hated bullies. You, know like I do not everyone can physically handle physical training equally and during Basic training when went if one person would fall out of a run or could not continue to do push-ups of sit-ups the Drill Instructors would punish everyone because their policy was we were a team and if one of us fails we fail. That’s why, I jumped in and stopped a blanket party on the guy, I almost got my ass kicked that night because I stepped in. So, I did what comes natural I hit the biggest guy and knocked him on his ass, the rest walked away. The next day I apologized to the guy I hit, abd he realized he as wrong and we became friends. The way a blanket party was done, was someone would grab their blanket and 8 others would sneak up and 4 on each side of the guys bed then throw the blanket over the guy body leaving his face and feet exposed. The three individuals would pull the blanket down over the sides of the bed and it would hold the Guy down and they would beat him punching him in the chest and stomach. That was the only time anyone tried that crap in our basic training class!:yes:

42 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Then we were all pulled out of bed and put in formation so that the drill sergeant could yell at us about we don't have any color in this army except green, you are all green!   The woman who was thrown down the stairwell spent the night at the infirmary but was ok and back with us the next norning.    She joined to be an interpreter and had some college.   She was also tough and the only one who didn't mind me using multi sylable words.

That’s certainly true, wipe both know when the bullets are flying color us not even considered, everyone is very happy to have anyone watching their back, They are lucky she wasn’t hurt, the UCMJ doesn’t smile on such actions, if she was seriously injured they would have been Court Marshaled and most likely give bad conduct discharges which will ruin one’s life, no federal employment and many other things that will follow them throughout their lives. It’s really sounds like she was very intelligent and while most person don’t realize it, it can also be a dangerous job in the Middle East especially for a women. Arabs, believe that Women should be seen never heard and the way they treat women is disgusting and barbaric.

Hey thanks for the conversation I have enjoyed it, it has brought back some great memories,:tu:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tomas S said:

Why don't you just create a thread about your own personal $**t (music and whatever) instead of derailing the thread about the "ufo" ???

Hey, Thomas you make a fair point but there is no need to get sassy my friend:lol:. I started this thread days ago there has been little traffic across it, because there is little information that has been released by Russia , I did update it today if you missed it check it out!

As far as your comments, this thread has been very mellow and there has been few arguments, if you have a question or wish to add something no matter what, on topic or off just jump and if you act respectfully I am certainly the same respect will also becoming your way!

Cool Thomas.? :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Tomas S said:

There's still posts being made with the UFO bit.  We're just having a good conversation and it happens to be on this thread.  If it bothers you so much, just scroll past the unrelated comments.  Very simple my friend!

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HSlim said:

There's still posts being made with the UFO bit.  We're just having a good conversation and it happens to be on this thread.  If it bothers you so much, just scroll past the unrelated comments.  Very simple my friend!

Cheers

I have been watching for updates  psince I started thread, I found new information today and posted it, and I will try to keep it updated the vest I can so everyone is satisfied!

Thats only fair, but I agree with your comments completely!:tu:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSlim said:

Cheers

Hey guys need to get a few hours sleep I have been up for about 19 hours, I will talk with you guys later!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Hey guys need to get a few hours sleep I have been up for about 19 hours, I will talk with you guys later!

Carefull of the night spooks  :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DamienV said:

Carefull of the night spooks  :P

Remember, who your talking too I am the soul snatcher, ghosts are escapees so the last place they will ever come is near me!:lol:

Peace.:tu: