Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The God of Death

Guyver

So, I just got the news that a first grader, a six year old male, in Virginia, shot his teacher in school today.  She is in critical condition, I do not know what has happened to the child…..but this story, along with a myriad of others, has got me thinking about what a murderous, disgusting world this is at some levels.  

It makes me think about how Christians explain it.  According to Christians, some that is, not all…this world actually belongs to Satan.  He won it when he defeated Jesus on the cross.  Now, according to some Christians and their interpretation of the Bible, the Devil is running this world right now, and he will blind the minds of people so that they will not believe in the gospel.  Then really bad things will happen, and the tribulation period will occur and basically kill almost all of us. This is the way they process the evil things that happen in the world.

For me, since I don’t believe the Bible, the only explanation I have is that this world is brutal on many levels, and this is by nature.  What do you think about the idea that it is the Devil who is causing the worlds problems?

• Like 3

According to the Bible, and the Book of Revelation, the Devil was bound for a thousand years and cast into the bottomless pit.  But, at the end of the thousand years he is released to wreak havoc upon the world.  To the extent, that during the Tribulation Period, he is freely able to slay all remaining Christians who were not taken in the rapture.  

And Jews.  Plus anyone else he wants to kill.  He is the God of Death, he is known as Lucifer, the Bringer of Light.  The Serpent of Old, the Great Deciever.

He is known from the Bible, and no where else that I know of…aside from the minds of a lot of Americans and Europeans.

Many Americans, especially Jim Kelley’s wife are entirely convinced that the recovery of Damar Hamlin was a miracle of God.

So, all the prayers of people to God, in this world of Satan, allowed a football player to recover from a life threatening injury?  That’s what turned the tide in a world of serial killers and a first grader who blows away his teacher?  Jesus.

I’ve never read the Satanic Bible, but now I am going to…even though my wife told me that she would divorce me if I became a Satanist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Would you sacrifice your wife or husband in the name of your religion?

I believe the answer is found in Math and Science.  Here’s how it works.  We live in a population of about 8 billion people.  In that population, according to statistical analysis…you know, Mean, Median, and Mode, most people fall into the middle of the bell curve when it comes to intelligence.  But as we move one or two standard deviations away from the mean, we get small numbers on both extremes.  That is that about 5% of the population are extremely brilliant compared to others, and 5% are actually more stupid than some studied apes, like Koko the talking gorilla who’s IQ reached the human mean.

Anyway, I digress.  If you continue to work the mathematical model, in a population of 8 billion people you have about 0.5 % of people who are as brilliant as Einstein, and as psycho as Jeffery Dahmer.  This is a natural part of the population.  

Doesn't Christians believe children are innocent despite humans being born wicked?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

And Jews.  Plus anyone else he wants to kill.  He is the God of Death, he is known as Lucifer, the Bringer of Light.  The Serpent of Old, the Great Deciever.

So like God but with a smaller kill count.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Doesn't Christians believe children are innocent despite humans being born wicked?

Hi Rlyeh

A child is not judged until they reach the age of reason from what I recall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Would you sacrifice your wife or husband in the name of your religion?

Hi Guyver

Have been single for many years and not sure I feel like getting married just so I can have someone to sacrifice even if I had a religion or a god. God may accept it was a sacrifice however I am not sure the judge or jury would accept that as a defense unless I was shooting for an insanity plea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I’ve never read the Satanic Bible, but now I am going to…even though my wife told me that she would divorce me if I became a Satanist.

Hi Guyver

Divorce can get pretty expensive you might want to rethink that a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Guyver

Divorce can get pretty expensive you might want to rethink that a bit.

So true.  I didn’t even mean that **** anyway.  I was well into a pint of Pendleton at the time.  It’s just one of things where….one reads the news everyday and it’s depressing with all the shootings and killings, and I guess one gets accustomed to it, but when I heard about the teacher I just flipped out.  It was like the straw that broke the camels back for me there.  I found that news so depressing.

Anyway, reading the Satanic Bible doesn’t make me become a Satanist, so I think my marriage is safe lol.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Rlyeh

A child is not judged until they reach the age of reason from what I recall.

Yes, it’s also known as the age of accountability.  There seems to be a wide variety of opinions on how long that period lasts.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

So like God but with a smaller kill count.

Lol.  Good one.

On 1/7/2023 at 11:43 AM, Guyver said:

For me, since I don’t believe the Bible, the only explanation I have is that this world is brutal on many levels, and this is by nature.  What do you think about the idea that it is the Devil who is causing the worlds problems?

The Devil is synonymous with Mara in Buddhism and Maya in Hinduism. 

And the enlightened sage Ramana Maharshi bluntly stated that the untamed mind itself is Maya. 

This was also stated by Buddha ,"Whatever harm an enemy may do to an enemy, or a hater to a hater, an ill-directed mind inflicts on oneself a greater harm. Neither mother, father, nor any other relative can do one greater good than one’s own well-directed mind."(Dhammapada 42-43)

So we can see here that the Devil or Mara or Maya is one's own untamed mind.

And yes, it is the untamed collective mind that is causing the world's problems. So I would say the solution starts at the individual level with learning to manage and direct one's mind properly.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2023 at 1:29 AM, Guyver said:

Many Americans, especially Jim Kelley’s wife are entirely convinced that the recovery of Damar Hamlin was a miracle of God.

Which is kinda inconsistent with the idea that 'this world actually belongs to Satan'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 1/9/2023 at 7:05 AM, Liquid Gardens said:

Which is kinda inconsistent with the idea that 'this world actually belongs to Satan'.

Yes LG, it really is.  It’s quite ironic really…..and BTW, may I correct myself on an earlier point?  Many Evangelical Christians actually believe that the devil had the world before Adam, and the world was actually lost to Satan in the Garden of Eden when Adam ate the fruit.  That’s truly what killed everybody.  That’s when sin entered the world.

Anyway, thank God for Jesus because he takes away the sin of the world, so now all the “Christians” are in Christ, actually part of his body, and that makes them special.

So, in a world owned by Satan, Christians are special and they get their prayers answered.  The gospels tell believers that anything they ask believing in faith will be done.  But it doesn’t happen in real life.  When was the last time a Christian ever walked into Saint Jude’s Childrens Hospital and cleared a floor?  It’s never happened.  But according to the Bible, Jesus could do it and he said his followers could do the same works that he did.

• Like 3

It's pretty obvious one should not believe everything one reads.  Also, since what you'll get are those answers either aligned with your own worldview, or spiritual, nonfactual answers you will reject, I fail to see any worthwhile purpose in this thread, so what is your purpose? What is it that you seek? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

But according to the Bible, Jesus could do it and he said his followers could do the same works that he did.

He said better works actually.

BTW, if anybody out there would like to pray away the satanic rust on my ride's rocker panels, ...

• Haha 5

On 1/7/2023 at 3:13 PM, Guyver said:

So, I just got the news that a first grader, a six year old male, in Virginia, shot his teacher in school today.  She is in critical condition, I do not know what has happened to the child…..but this story, along with a myriad of others, has got me thinking about what a murderous, disgusting world this is at some levels.  

It makes me think about how Christians explain it.  According to Christians, some that is, not all…this world actually belongs to Satan.  He won it when he defeated Jesus on the cross.  Now, according to some Christians and their interpretation of the Bible, the Devil is running this world right now, and he will blind the minds of people so that they will not believe in the gospel.  Then really bad things will happen, and the tribulation period will occur and basically kill almost all of us. This is the way they process the evil things that happen in the world.

The Book of Revelations begins with the opening of 7 seals.

1. First Seal - The Lamb of God/Lion of Judah opens the first four of the seven seals, which summons four beings that ride out on white, red, black, and pale horses.

a. In John's revelation the first horseman rides a white horse, carries a bow, and is given a crown as a figure of conquest, perhaps invoking pestilence, Christ, or the Antichrist.

b. The rider of the second horse is often taken to represent War (he is often pictured holding a sword upwards as though ready for battle) or mass slaughter. His horse's color is red (πυρρός, pyrrhos from πῦρ, fire), and in some translations, the color is specifically a "fiery" red. The color red, as well as the rider's possession of a great sword (μάχαιρα, machaira), suggests blood that is to be spilled.

c. The third Horseman rides a black horse and is popularly understood to be Famine, as the Horseman carries a pair of balances or weighing scales (Greek ζυγὸν, zygon), indicating the way that bread would have been weighed during a famine.

d. Of the Four Horsemen, the black horse and its rider are the only ones whose appearance is accompanied by vocalization. John hears a voice, unidentified but coming from among the four living creatures, that speaks of the prices of wheat and barley, saying, "and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine". This suggests that the black horse's famine is to drive up the price of grain but leave oil and wine supplies unaffected (though out of reach of the ordinary worker)

Prophetic interpretation

Some Christians interpret the Horsemen as a prophecy of a future Tribulation, during which many on Earth will die as a result of multiple catastrophes. The Four Horsemen are the first in a series of "Seal" judgements. This is when God will judge the Earth, and is giving humans a chance to repent before they die. A new beautiful earth is created for all the people who are faithful to Him and accept him as their Savior

John Walvoord, a premillennialist, believed the Seals will be opened during the Great Tribulation and coincides with the arrival of the Antichrist as the first horseman, a global war as the second horseman, an economic collapse as the third horseman, and the general die-off of 1/4 of the World's population as the fourth horseman, which is followed by a global dictatorship under the Antichrist and the rest of the plagues

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's pretty obvious one should not believe everything one reads.  Also, since what you'll get are those answers either aligned with your own worldview, or spiritual, nonfactual answers you will reject, I fail to see any worthwhile purpose in this thread, so what is your purpose? What is it that you seek? 

A b**** session about how messed up the world is?