Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The God of Death

Guyver

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I'm not rejecting anyone, but I am not resonating with them all, either, and because there are only so many hours in the day, I have to go with my "gut feeling" as to what I focus on.

I am trying to think less, and feel more, and trust in GOD that if this is done well, then I am on the right track..

Hi Crazy Horse 

By saying the past is gone as an excuse to dismiss what they have said without reading and understanding is rejection. Thinking less is why you are rejecting what you do not care to attempt to understand.

Your interest in the bible is limited to the NT which in fact corrupts the nature of what the bible is which is also rejection. Thinking isn’t like drinking booze or smoking cigarettes where the less you do the healthier you will be whereas thinking less is detrimental.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 12:34 PM, Crazy Horse said:

Actually, I have zero interest about anything the author was thinking about.

The past has gone, and harping back always ends in depression, especially if you are thinking about good times.

And besides, all the truly great art goes unsigned.

So back to my "claim".

There are enough folks out-there today, giving of themselves, without any thought of compensation, who by their very actions, have conviction, for something other than themselves.

So, to claim that the best lack all conviction, is total BS.

Good day Crazy Horse, I gotta disagree ..^ not always?  Some of my dearest and happiest memories  are from my past. :P

Edited by lightly
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

By saying the past is gone as an excuse to dismiss what they have said without reading and understanding is rejection. Thinking less is why you are rejecting what you do not care to attempt to understand.

Your interest in the bible is limited to the NT which in fact corrupts the nature of what the bible is which is also rejection. Thinking isn’t like drinking booze or smoking cigarettes where the less you do the healthier you will be whereas thinking less is detrimental.

Not being interested in something, (at the moment) isn't dismissing it, its simply not taking a look at it right now, that could easily change if I met someone face to face who has a huge interest in Yeats, and can pique my interest.

We can all be interested in different things, and with a common goal, is actually a good thing!

Different skill-sets, experiences, different thoughts and feelings too, can all join together to help create a better world, or a better anything!

42 minutes ago, lightly said:

Good day Crazy Horse, I gotta disagree ..^ not always?  Some of my dearest and happiest memories  are from my past. :P

Sure, me too.

But for every high there is a low, if one is sensitive enough to feel it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Not being interested in something, (at the moment) isn't dismissing it, its simply not taking a look at it right now, that could easily change if I met someone face to face who has a huge interest in Yeats, and can pique my interest.

We can all be interested in different things, and with a common goal, is actually a good thing!

Different skill-sets, experiences, different thoughts and feelings too, can all join together to help create a better world, or a better anything!

Hi Crazy Horse 

And you will achieve this by thinking less?:huh:

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

You got it, Jay..

By silencing the mind, it allows one to contact Source directly, consciously, powerfully, miraculously..

Pure Conscious Awareness, aka "The Kingdom of GOD", but you may call it whatever you wish, Jay, and you may know this too, for oneself.

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

You got it, Jay..

By silencing the mind, it allows one to contact Source directly, consciously, powerfully, miraculously..

Pure Conscious Awareness, aka "The Kingdom of GOD", but you may call it whatever you wish, Jay, and you may know this too, for oneself.

How are you silencing your mind? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

You got it, Jay..

Hi Crazy Horse 

I would call it crapola silencing the mind is not thinking less and biblically the kingdom of heaven is a place. Pure consciousness is the fart that precedes the crapola, in other words you are making stuff up.

Thinking constructively doesn’t need to be silenced or reduced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

Good question, truly thinking about something involves supporting one’s thinking with facts, it is a lot of work, and a lot of letting go of pet beliefs, and grandiose ideations of being god like. being “other than” what one is which is human and subject to the human condition to varying degrees for ex: CH is using heuristics, namely cognitive biases making assumptions based on his own experiences and made up narratives (drawing from many sources) based on his needs and wishes and desires, the imagination is a fertile place for this, it can serve as a good distraction at times. The G?d construct in some cases can be a reaction to feeling unloved, one can say well I am lovable, they point out all the time how god loves them or they are lovable managing or calming one’s ego because for them this god loves me and accepts me and this is all that matters is caroming the ego.  My mom was so busy chasing the idea of being lovable 24/7 as a way to avoid her own humanness she missed out on so many opportunities in actuality to connect, isolation is a big factor in this mindset, even religion encourages getting out and socializing with others which often changes everything. 

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

I would call it crapola silencing the mind is not thinking less and biblically the kingdom of heaven is a place. Pure consciousness is the fart that precedes the crapola, in other words you are making stuff up.

Well said, Jay. IMHO an add to: Silencing the mind is nonsense twofold, for one we do not “really” silence the mind,  for ex: in meditation one lets it be, accepts it as is, works from there, learns ways to use attention that is constructive and in critical application one sifts through all the thoughts and pulls out the facts then proceeds from there aka Ockham’s razor it isn’t to eliminate thinking it is to apply it constructively, the nature of the normal cognition is to think, metacognition is taught in health class these days as part of understanding oneself biologically, psychologically etc etc. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Sherapy said:

How are you silencing your mind? 

By trying..

During meditation, one try's to still, or calm their mind, but, thoughts always come back, (until they don't).

Now, there are your thoughts, (mind) and ones consciousness looking at your thoughts. 

Now, decide to put your awareness back upon your consciousness, and the thoughts will stop.

So by dropping ones thoughts one is directly connected to the power of Source.

One is surrendered to GOD, and one is merging with THAT.

Feelings of love, of peace, of wholeness etc shall arise quite naturally.

And one may live in abundance.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

How do you know I am making this stuff up?

Did you practice/seek THIS for twenty years, (or even twenty minutes?) or are you simply using insults instead of engaging in debate?

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

How do you know I am making this stuff up?

Did you practice/seek THIS for twenty years, (or even twenty minutes?) or are you simply using insults instead of engaging in debate?

Hi Crazy Horse 

Just because I don’t rely on a god construct does not mean I don’t think and you might want to look at how you phrase some of your comments to me and others before you accuse people of insulting anyone.

You are not special all of us love care and have empathy for others and not all of us have a god which does not diminish the qualities that we have and yet you and your self righteous position deny it constantly while placing yourself on a pedestal while denying that you have an ego.

I have been kicking around on this planet for longer than you and have had plenty of time to ask questions, observe, weigh results and ask more questions in an environment that you do not understand.

It’s a good thing that you are searching however telling me that thinking less is to your advantage is delusional. Critical thinking is what I do. Sift out the pointless distracting thoughts and think constructively when being serious about what you want/need answers for that are based on the real world you live in.

Personally I don’t think about if anyone loves me nor is that the focus in my life. Some people love loving me, some love me, others may hate loving me and then there are those that love to hate me but they all love me in some sense, that is life. All I actually concern myself with is trying to be a decent human and being constructive in my life.

I don’t have a problem with you believing in a god if you understand that is your choice and that I am not bound to live up to your expectations or interpretations which is what I have been offering you for years that you either fail to understand or reject because it offends your ego.

Are we good now!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

Just because I don’t rely on a god construct does not mean I don’t think and you might want to look at how you phrase some of your comments to me and others before you accuse people of insulting anyone.

You are not special all of us love care and have empathy for others and not all of us have a god which does not diminish the qualities that we have and yet you and your self righteous position deny it constantly while placing yourself on a pedestal while denying that you have an ego.

I have been kicking around on this planet for longer than you and have had plenty of time to ask questions, observe, weigh results and ask more questions in an environment that you do not understand.

It’s a good thing that you are searching however telling me that thinking less is to your advantage is delusional. Critical thinking is what I do. Sift out the pointless distracting thoughts and think constructively when being serious about what you want/need answers for that are based on the real world you live in.

Personally I don’t think about if anyone loves me nor is that the focus in my life. Some people love loving me, some love me, others may hate loving me and then there are those that love to hate me but they all love me in some sense, that is life. All I actually concern myself with is trying to be a decent human and being constructive in my life.

I don’t have a problem with you believing in a god if you understand that is your choice and that I am not bound to live up to your expectations or interpretations which is what I have been offering you for years that you either fail to understand or reject because it offends your ego.

Are we good now!

If you ever tried to stop thinking, calming the mind, connecting to Source in a sustained manner, i.e., over a period of time, with dedication and discipline, then you wouldn't think it delusional at all, in fact you would probably be talking about it like I am.

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

If you ever tried to stop thinking, calming the mind, connecting to Source in a sustained manner, i.e., over a period of time, with dedication and discipline, then you wouldn't think it delusional at all, in fact you would probably be talking about it like I am.

Hi Crazy Horse 

You are still trying to push your way on me without trying to understand what I have said to you. You need to clear your mind and think about what had been said.

I am not telling you not to believe in your god that is your life, I have a life and am comfortable with it and who I am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

You are still trying to push your way on me without trying to understand what I have said to you. You need to clear your mind and think about what had been said.

I am not telling you not to believe in your god that is your life, I have a life and am comfortable with it and who I am.

Well you could try practicing what you preach, Jay.

So, once again, I say - you are free to believe in whatever you like, you have free will.

Ok?

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well you could try practicing what you preach, Jay.

So, once again, I say - you are free to believe in whatever you like, you have free will.

Ok?

Hi Crazy Horse 

Preaching lol I am not trying to convert you nor have I told you not to believe in god. You are telling me that if I do as you do I will find god even though you know I was raised as a Catholic and turned away from it because it had no substance for me to believe in. Don’t think I didn’t look I did and came to the conclusion that there is no evidence for a god so spent my time looking at life and the world around me.

You need a god and as I have said many, many, many times to you that is your choice and have no desire or intention to turn you away from that. Something that you do not respect and return in favour as you come here to preach not me, I just come here for the pretzels and beer while I observe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

You are still trying to push your way on me without trying to understand what I have said to you.

Yes, practice what you preach.

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse 

Preaching lol 

Yes so try to understand this.

All thoughts are illusional, and will keep one trapped within the cycle of Samsara, only, some thoughts lead one to the "Kingdom", and other thoughts shall lead you away.

Also, pointing out that some folk believe in GOD, and that some folk don't believe in GOD, are two beliefs, it is not a judgement, just a fact.

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, practice what you preach.

Yes so try to understand this.

All thoughts are illusional, and will keep one trapped within the cycle of Samsara, only, some thoughts lead one to the "Kingdom", and other thoughts shall lead you away.

Also, pointing out that some folk believe in GOD, and that some folk don't believe in GOD, are two beliefs, it is not a judgement, just a fact.

Hi Crazy Horse 

You are so lost in your self thought that it is pointless to explain this to you go ahead and fool yourself all you want we are done with this particular aspect of discussion as it is either beyond your comprehension or you are in denial about what is being said to you good luck Chuck.

Thoughts are the building blocks of belief and emotions the mortar. Any thought that has had enough consistent attention brought to it becomes a thought-form. An idea. Typically in this section we have some who have constructed their God through mental repetition. Not only this God but the spiritual mythos surrounding it. 

To them their God is real and requires X, Y, Z, activities to connect too them. 

At the most basic level it's just a perspective not a reality. 

No one can truly silence the mind as there is always background activity going on. At most it's just directing the stream of thought to a single point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Thoughts are the building blocks of belief and emotions the mortar. Any thought that has had enough consistent attention brought to it becomes a thought-form. An idea. Typically in this section we have some who have constructed their God through mental repetition. Not only this God but the spiritual mythos surrounding it. 

To them their God is real and requires X, Y, Z, activities to connect too them. 

At the most basic level it's just a perspective not a reality. 

No one can truly silence the mind as there is always background activity going on. At most it's just directing the stream of thought to a single point. 

Absolutely untrue.

Here is a video with Novak Djokovic and Wim Hoff, about half way through Novak talks about being in the moment, without thought.

Because he has done the practice, he has confidence in his ability, he no longer has to think when playing tennis, (at least not all the time) and in-fact, thought will only get in the way.

To be present is to abide with GOD, simple.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

By trying..

During meditation, one try's to still, or calm their mind, but, thoughts always come back, (until they don't).

Now, there are your thoughts, (mind) and ones consciousness looking at your thoughts. 

Now, decide to put your awareness back upon your consciousness, and the thoughts will stop.

So by dropping ones thoughts one is directly connected to the power of Source.

One is surrendered to GOD, and one is merging with THAT.

Feelings of love, of peace, of wholeness etc shall arise quite naturally.

And one may live in abundance.

Offered with compassionate intent: Except you are not describing what you are doing other than struggling with cognitive dissonance and a lot of self criticism thinking of oneself as flawed, inadequate, or bad therefore needing an antidote in your case enter your god construct to your rescue. The goal of mindfulness is to be adaptive. The mind wanders that is what it does, the purpose of meditation is two fold one develops the skill of mindfulness to experience emotions without judgmental, unhelpful, or distorted thoughts that intensify them and it develops the ability to maintain attention on immediate experience while taking an orientation of openness, acceptance, and curiosity. The goal of Meditation isn’t to make you feel better but to get distance from your thoughts to be able to accept them and work with them constructively. Often just asking yourself can I look at this another way ( Socratic questioning) can help one get some distance from maladaptive mindsets. The goal is not to eliminate thinking all together but to engage with one’s thinking in a more effective manner. CH trying to shut the mind down or go blank is maladaptive (aka thought suppression, rumination or worry). 

Jay is correct to point out that your understanding needs refinement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Offered with compassionate intent: Except you are not describing what you are doing other than struggling with cognitive dissonance and a lot of self criticism thinking of oneself as flawed, inadequate, or bad therefore needing an antidote in your case enter your god construct to your rescue. The goal of mindfulness is to be adaptive. The mind wanders that is what it does, the purpose of meditation is two fold one develops the skill of mindfulness to experience emotions without judgmental, unhelpful, or distorted thoughts that intensify them and it develops the ability to maintain attention on immediate experience while taking an orientation of openness, acceptance, and curiosity. The goal of Meditation isn’t to make you feel better but to get distance from your thoughts to be able to accept them and work with them constructively. Often just asking yourself can I look at this another way ( Socratic questioning) can help one get some distance from maladaptive mindsets. The goal is not to eliminate thinking all together but to engage with one’s thinking in a more effective manner. CH trying to shut the mind down or go blank is maladaptive (aka thought suppression, rumination or worry). 

Jay is correct to point out that your understanding needs refinement. 

Well I can agree with most of that, Sheri, but what you seem to be lacking, in understanding, is that all those things are intended to take one to the brink of Enlightenment. At which point. one no longer thinks, but one simply is. "Be still, and know THAT I AM GOD".

There is no shame in not knowing this, I didn't know it until fairly recently, but, to ignore the truth is ignorance by definition.

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Well I can agree with most of that, Sheri, but what you seem to be lacking, in understanding, is that all those things are intended to take one to the brink of Enlightenment. At which point. one no longer thinks, but one simply is. "Be still, and know THAT I AM GOD".

There is no shame in not knowing this, I didn't know it until fairly recently, but, to ignore the truth is ignorance by definition.

Enlightenment is the ability to accept what is and proceed from there. 

You are chasing illusions until you don’t. :P

• Thanks 2

I don’t know anything, but I have my suspicions.    I guess I do know that I get tired of THINKING sometimes, (mine and everyone else’s;)  so, I’ve always enjoyed quieting IT as much as I can, to REST my mind ..& recharge my battery..  I can’t stop thinking, but having a vivid imagination and visualization ,abilities, I like to switch from thinking in words to images .. images are quieter   I don’t try to hang onto them or control them.. ..just let them flow like a quiet breeze..  so I can focus on a quieter spot.. in the middle. :)     Peace&Quiet.   

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Absolutely untrue.

Here is a video with Novak Djokovic and Wim Hoff, about half way through Novak talks about being in the moment, without thought.

Because he has done the practice, he has confidence in his ability, he no longer has to think when playing tennis, (at least not all the time) and in-fact, thought will only get in the way.

To be present is to abide with GOD, simple.

That's not silencing the mind it's putting things on autopilot. Through the use of a system and repetition. 

As always you really have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Like 1