Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry’s Taliban killing revelation sparks protest in Afghanistan

pellinore

Harry has faced an onslaught of criticism in recent days since the excerpt from his memoir was leaked about the number of insurgents he killed as a helicopter pilot.

Admiral Lord West, former head of the Royal Navy, called Harry “very stupid” for giving details of his Taliban kills.

The retired admiral told the Sunday Mirror that the Invictus Games – which are due to be held in Dusseldorf, Germany, in 2023 – will have “serious security issues” because of their direct connection to Harry.

The international multi-sport event for wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women, of which the duke is the patron, will be a prime target for those wanting revenge, Lord West said.

Harry’s Taliban killing revelation sparks protest in Afghanistan | Evening Standard

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

I've heard statements that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and this seems to confirm that.  He's going to cost that charity a huge amount for added security just because he felt the need to brag.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, and-then said:

I've heard statements that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and this seems to confirm that.  He's going to cost that charity a huge amount for added security just because he felt the need to brag.

It's off the scale for stupid, isn't it? He must have been set up by the publishers to boost book sales. Saying killing people is neither here nor there, it's just like knocking chess pieces off a board, or a video game... I very much fear he is going to pay a price for what he has said.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

I very much fear he is going to pay a price for what he has said.

Worse what if others have to pay the price for that? He put many people in danger with this, including his own children.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and-then said:

Harry is the royal equestrian equivalent to the GOP’s Donald Trump’s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, pellinore said:

It's off the scale for stupid, isn't it? He must have been set up by the publishers to boost book sales. Saying killing people is neither here nor there, it's just like knocking chess pieces off a board, or a video game... I very much fear he is going to pay a price for what he has said.

Harry’s not 100%. And why would he being raised in a dysfunctional family such as the royal family. I watched half a hour of ‘The Crown’ a couple of days ago and learned enough to know the true meaning of toxic. 

• Haha 1

I fail to see what the issue is here. 

He calls the Taliban he killed chess pieces. Whoop de do. Big deal 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

How would you react if an Afghan said the same about US soldiers?  ;)  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's a combination of who he is and what he said. With the second part, it is disrespectful. Like saying their lives were worth no more than chess pieces on a board. And the first part, it's who he is: he's not just an ex-squaddie. He is some sort of  commander in chief in the British armed forces, a member of the British Royal Family, and he has been front page news for weeks. For the last few days, down-market newspapers,Sky news and Twitter have been saturated with references to him. And to cap it all, it probably isn't true anyway. There are reports that he never completed his pilots training, and he was regulated to second pilot (in military helicopters the co-pilot doesn't need 'wings', he has half a wing and just has to learn how to land if the pilot is incapacitated).

Edited by pellinore

13 minutes ago, pellinore said:

It's a combination of who he is and what he said. With the second part, it is disrespectful. Like saying their lives were worth no more than chess pieces on a board. And the first part, it's who he is: he's not just an ex-squaddie. He is some sort of  commander in chief in the British armed forces, a member of the British Royal Family, and he has been front page news for weeks. For the last few days, down-market newspapers,Sky news and Twitter have been saturated with references to him. And to cap it all, it probably isn't true anyway. There are reports that he never completed his pilots training, and he was regulated to second pilot (in military helicopters the co-pilot doesn't need 'wings', he has half a wing and just has to learn how to land if the pilot is incapacitated).

Eh. Its just like the British version of American Sniper. People got upset in the navy seals memoir and then movie that he called the terrorist he killed savages.

We expect these men to kill people but get upset when they say something not purely nice about it. Seems unrealistic. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Eh. Its just like the British version of American Sniper. People got upset in the navy seals memoir and then movie that he called the terrorist he killed savages.

We expect these men to kill people but get upset when they say something not purely nice about it. Seems unrealistic. 

And what happened to Chris Kyle?

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, pellinore said:

And what happened to Chris Kyle?

Died the same way he lived his life

Prince Harry has said claims that he was boasting when he wrote in his new book about killing 25 Taliban fighters in Afghanistan are a "dangerous lie".

The prince has been criticised for discussing killings in Spare, with some military figures saying it was wrong to refer to the dead as "chess pieces".

But on US TV, Harry accused the press of taking his words out of context and said the spin endangered his family.

He said he had wanted to be honest about his experience in Afghanistan, and to give veterans the space to share theirs "without any shame".

"My whole goal and my attempt with sharing that detail is to reduce the number of [veteran] suicides," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64231560

• Like 1