Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The tragic Mantell UFO incident still intrigues 75 years on

UM-Bot

Or hypoxia caused from over zealous intrigue in something obviously other worldly, with all experience in flying? 

• Like 1

:hmm:

This is an outright tragic case where careless ego cost a fellow his life.

At around 3:50pm, the object had disappeared and Mantell, who was thought to have blacked out due to lack of oxygen, plummeted from the sky and died a few minutes later.

That is the fact sadly like most of these old "UFOs =aliens" cases the rest of the story is full of embellishments, misinformation and out right lies.

I dont blame his family for being in denial afterall this seasoned pilot died breaking rules he knew better than to go too high without oxygen, also the base wouldnt have sent airmen higher than they could have safely gone. He acted on his own.

Not aliens just a secret balloon, i do get it balloons being the proven explanation in some alleged UFO cases can give true believers cramps one big turning point for me in this case after of course peeling off the embellishments is when Martin Caidin took a look, caidin rip was a pilot airman and award winning writer he was brought into check this case out and though his research came to the conclusion what mantell saw was the skyhook balloon.

• 2 weeks later...

The reaching the skeptics do in these threads is amazing. All these professional military encounters with photo's, and other data, and this is the best you can do? But then fear causes people to reach for the most comforting conclusion to assuage that fear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

this is the best you can do?

We comment on this specific case.

The article gives no indication whatsoever that a weird flying object was pursued. The only option that makes sense and that fits the facts is that it concerned a balloon.

Edited by Ell

1 hour ago, Ell said:

We comment on this specific case.

The article gives no indication whatsoever that a weird flying object was pursued. The only option that makes sense and that fits the facts is that it concerned a balloon.

Funny the military didn't come to the same conclusion. They're usually the first to make that claim.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The reaching the skeptics do in these threads is amazing. All these professional military encounters with photo's, and other data, and this is the best you can do? But then fear causes people to reach for the most comforting conclusion to assuage that fear.

Caidin was military he said balloon cant you true believers ever let go when you hold the empty hand?

All these professional military encounters with photo's, and other data,

And still no facts  just stories, words, boring:sleepy:

are you not bored of it all yourself yet?

• Like 1

All these professional military encounters with photo's, and other data, and this is the best you can do?

Shouldn't it be the claimant doing their best?  So, Hank, now's ya chance - which professional military encounter with photo's and other data, is THE ONE where there is the best evidence of non-earthly maneuvers?  You choose, and I'll respond in detail..

Choose wisely.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Shouldn't it be the claimant doing their best?  So, Hank, now's ya chance - which professional military encounter with photo's and other data, is THE ONE where there is the best evidence of non-earthly maneuvers?  You choose, and I'll respond in detail..

Choose wisely.

Stop being an ass. I'm not getting involved in one of your pile ons. I'm talking about the extremes, and contortions  skeptics go to to deny the possibilities inherent to these threads. We're back to the old game of you can't prove it, and neither can I. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Translation - Hanken does not have the expertise required to engage here.  Perhaps HE should be the one leaving.

And nobody noticed that you won't, as usual, be brave enough to post what you think is the best evidence - you just want to pile it on skeptics.  I'm sick of it.  Go check the other couple of threads I'm posting to, and see how real skeptics work - they look at stuff and try to explain it.  Usually successfully.  Do you know why?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

And still no facts  just stories, words, boring:sleepy:

are you not bored of it all yourself yet?

No, just bored of the smart ass attitudes to anyone who dares post in these type of threads. Confirmation bias runs rampant. Probably fear of the unknown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChrLzs said:

Translation - Hanken does not have the expertise required to engage here.  Perhaps HE should be the one leaving.

And nobody noticed that you won't, as usual, be brave enough to post what you think is the best evidence - you just want to pile it on skeptics.  I'm sick of it.  Go check the other couple of threads I'm posting to, and see how real skeptics work - they look at stuff and try to explain it.  Usually successfully.  Do you know why?

Evidence of what? Funny how you're the one who shows up first. If your sick of it, then stop responding. I'm posting about attitudes not who has what proof or lack of. I've said my piece. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Stop being an ass. I'm not getting involved in one of your pile ons. I'm talking about the extremes, and contortions  skeptics go to to deny the possibilities inherent to these threads. We're back to the old game of you can't prove it, and neither can I. 

12 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

No, just bored of the smart ass attitudes to anyone who dares post in these type of threads. Confirmation bias runs rampant. Probably fear of the unknown. 

6 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Evidence of what? Funny how you're the one who shows up first. If your sick of it, then stop responding. I'm posting about attitudes not who has what proof or lack of. I've said my piece. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. 

Pot meet kettle? Or just a master at cop out.

You cry about and disparage skeptics and when asked to present your best case, no one said proof you go into some meltdown tantrum, dish it cant take it?

Countless experts including military believe the obvious mantell died chasing a balloon, of course its not "cool" or epic like saying an alien shot him down but we have zero to support aliens are hear much less shot down a pilot flying too high without oxygen.

We do have a lot of proof pilot errors cause crashes, yet believing that makes me despicable.

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Pot meet kettle? Or just a master at cop out.

You cry about and disparage skeptics and when asked to present your best case, no one said proof you go into some meltdown tantrum, dish it cant take it?

Countless experts including military believe the obvious mantell died chasing a balloon, of course its not "cool" or epic like saying an alien shot him down but we have zero to support aliens are hear much less shot down a pilot flying too high without oxygen.

We do have a lot of proof pilot errors cause crashes, yet believing that makes me despicable.

You're one of the worst for bullying on this tab. Put me on ignore. I'm done with your childish behavior. 

• Confused 1

The best I could have done, if my arms had been about six meters longer, was to have touched the full 120+ (140?) meters length of the ufo that slowly passed directly over my head when I stood next to my grandfather's warehouse. It was of human manufacture, not alien.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the Mantell case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You're one of the worst for bullying on this tab. Put me on ignore. I'm done with your childish behavior. 

Childish scolding is what youve been doing in this thread, i replied to your ranting and raving.

I dont bully anyone show me where i bully, if you dont like my posts you put me on ignore i dont have a problem with you, its an open free forum i dont mind others different opinions they dont set me off as they do you.

26 minutes ago, Ell said:

The best I could have done, if my arms had been about six meters longer, was to have touched the full 120+ (140?) meters length of the ufo that slowly passed directly over my head when I stood next to my grandfather's warehouse. It was of human manufacture, not alien.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the Mantell case.

The warehouse or thing you saw was human manufacturer?

10 minutes ago, Ell said:

The ufo was made by human technology.

What gave you that impression?

5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm talking about the extremes, and contortions  skeptics go to to deny the possibilities inherent to these threads.

I'm a known skeptic in this place; what is it you feel I'm skeptical of?

It's most definitely not the 'possibility' of it. I think it's safe to say I speak for most skeptics on this.
A story is still 'just a story' no matter who tells it. In fact, I'm less likely to consider a 'story' told by an x this/ former that/ retired (whatever)

because IN MY OPINION their aim is to jump on the good ol' <ufo/ aliens on this planet> bandwagon in order to gain a little money & fame! Fravor is a good example of this....

I mean think about; how many people who are employed in 'positions who would know' come out shouting their mouths off in public like Favor & Elizondo & a few others? Why are they doing it?

If you believe they are doing it with the attitude: 'the world should know' then IMO you're falling for the BS & it's people like your good self who fuel it for them! Well done.

Try to refrain from whining at others in a public forum because some folk don't see it the way you do! IMO it's a little childish in an adult debate- you can do better I'm sure;)

Cheers

Peace.

dej...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1