Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery antennas keep showing up on hills around Salt Lake City

UM-Bot

Seems they should be able to track down where the components were made/sold and eventually figure out who is placing them.  Until then, take down any of them that are found.

So much missing info in that article. Are they transmitting? Recording? Any other sensors installed? Have they done any analysis on whatever signals they produce? Come on, details.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

The Great Salt Lake has been experiencing a severe drought recently.  I'll bet that these are some sort of weather monitoring stations set up to check the precipitation on the peaks so as to determine where the water table will be sitting in the next year.  A bad enough drought can kill a city, in that if there is no water, people will have to move away.  There is the distinct possibility that the antennae might have something to do with placing water catchments too. 

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee that it is commie china. they have been engaged in military observation forever and have all kinds of assets located around military bases to observe and obtain data. just like the FAA snafu that caused all the flight problems on 1-11-23 (today) we will probably never be told the truth about it.....if it was a program update file that was responsible, why did Canada's Flight system also go down when they are not connected to eachother?

china folks. china. thats my bet.

9 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

The Great Salt Lake has been experiencing a severe drought recently.  I'll bet that these are some sort of weather monitoring stations set up to check the precipitation on the peaks so as to determine where the water table will be sitting in the next year.  A bad enough drought can kill a city, in that if there is no water, people will have to move away.  There is the distinct possibility that the antennae might have something to do with placing water catchments too. 

if this was true then there would be records from some environmental department or such.

5 hours ago, pbarosso said:

if this was true then there would be records from some environmental department or such.

That entirely depends on who is paying for the study.  You are assuming it is a govt study.  It might not be.  Or it may be part of a govt study that hasn't been published yet.

18 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

That entirely depends on who is paying for the study.  You are assuming it is a govt study.  It might not be.  Or it may be part of a govt study that hasn't been published yet.

possibly, but if they are being taken down then id wager im close to correct.

Dunno if my link worked so : https://finbold.com/utah-authorities-discover-mysterious-crypto-linked-antennas-in-the-mountains-searching-for-owners/

This isn't my area, so please excuse the question - what harm could the cause?  I mean, why remove them?  I'd say, set up cameras or something, and see what you capture. 

On 1/13/2023 at 12:33 PM, pbarosso said:

possibly, but if they are being taken down then id wager im close to correct.

Look, I'm never going to say that the CCP isn't as sus as F%$^.  Yes, Dugway Proving Ground is there at SLC too, as well as plenty of US high tech companies so there are research facilities worth spying on, no question, as well as 5 other military bases.  On the other hand, where goes the spies goes the counter-intelligence guys.  There should be a heightened FBI presence in the area, as well as the local "Wackenhut" variant going nuts.  I don't see that atm.  This doesn't mean your theory is wrong, but given the interest the FBI is paying to Chinese Nationals atm, if it were a Chinese operation, I think the story would have broken.  This doesn't mean it isn't spies from somewhere else, but the lack of hoo-haa suggests US govt to me.  It may well be some US govt agency triangulating a broadcaster too, but the standard is to use vans, not these portable stations afaik.  Or it might be weather watching because of the drought as I suggested.

If you let Chinese and Russians in your country what do you expect but danger...