Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Conservatives Became Karens

OverSword

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Chinese used Turkic, Jurchen, Yeneisian and Eastern Iranian slaves captured from wars.

Not Africans.

Beginning in the Tang dynasty, Arab traders brought a number of East African slaves to China. Although historians have studied the African slave trade extensively, particularly the export of West African slaves to the Americas after 1500, a much smaller body of research focuses on the premodern East African slave trade, and fewer sources still mention black slaves in China.

From the eighth to the fourteenth centuries; the Arabs controlled this vast slave trade, which stretched not only along the entire coast of East Africa and throughout the Arab world but as far east as China. Black slaves were just one of many commodities in the Arabs' large-scale maritime trade with China, which peaked during the Tang and Song dynasty (960-1275).

The Jiu Tang shu 舊唐書 (Former Tang history) mentions that the Arabs sent delegates to the Chinese court in 651, marking the first recorded official contact between the Chinese government and the Arab caliphate. By the ninth century, a sizable community of Arabs lived in Guangzhou, and the local residents could have seen African slaves on trading ships and in Arab homes. Some wealthy Chinese people even owned African slaves, whom they used as doorkeepers."

http://spp.pinyin.info/abstracts/spp122_chinese_africans.html

Starting somewhere around 600AD, around 1000 years before the atlantic slave trade 

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

This is an article by the Huffington Post.

I'm astonished to find that people like to have their intelligence insulted by such drivel that can only be spun by a Huffer.

I mean, some of y'all post **** from NewsMax. 

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

This is an article by the Huffington Post.

I'm astonished to find that people like to have their intelligence insulted by such drivel that can only be spun by a Huffer.

That is what I thought before reading it, and it is certainly exaggerated on some points (like race) but it is not altogether inaccurate.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

http://spp.pinyin.info/abstracts/spp122_chinese_africans.html

Starting somewhere around 600AD, around 1000 years before the atlantic slave trade 

Kunlun "Devil Slaves". I forgot about that. My bad. But some were Asiatic Negritos from around the Phillipines.

And their slavery wasn't race based. They even used their own.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Kunlun "Devil Slaves". I forgot about that. My bad. But some were Asiatic Negritos from around the Phillipines.

And their slavery wasn't race based. They even used their own.

Why do you think europeans didn't enslave europeans? If its pointed out that they did, would you hold them to the same standard as the Chinese or native Americans, because it wasnt "race based"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

The piece seems to be mocking Conservatives as though none of these issues are relevant... or even real.  The Left - and that outlet is typical of the Left - is in full assault on all fronts, dismantling traditional America as fast as they possibly can.  It amounts to the American version of a cultural revolution.  

Yeah, I can't imagine the motivation for the OP.

:innocent:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Why do you think europeans didn't enslave europeans? If its pointed out that they did, would you hold them to the same standard as the Chinese or native Americans, because it wasnt "race based"?

They did.  The Vikings made tons of silver trading Irish slaves.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

Do you have slaves? Me neither.

Western values has created the slave free environment (in the west) for no other motive then it was the right thing to do.

BTW, the only reason Africans were imported by Britain to the Caribbean was because their Irish (red haired white) slaves were dieing from tropical desease and heat stroke when relocated.

Chinese had more African slaves then America. Where are they now? Hint, they only allowed castrated male slaves to land in China, hence no guilt now for their treatment. 

The Arabs slave trade sold over 1million Africans over 900 years. 

The British ended the global slave trade at great cost for purely moral reasons. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for western values

As a Kiwi, it's surprising that you ignore Girmits.

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

They did.  The Vikings made tons of silver trading Irish slaves.

Yes, they sold "their own" (by that I mean what a progressive means, the same skin color, not culture) to Arabs, who would pay more than any others for young females. 

Edit. Not just Irish, but Britons, Saxons, Scots, Angles, French, Slavs and dutch. 

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I've been under the impression that by the time Europe and the America's were importing most slaves from Africa the narrative was more about not enslaving Christians and saving the souls of heathens that you enslaved by converting them to help justify it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

What are you talking about?   Europeans did enslave other europeans, british sold their own poor people to slavers, are you daft?   What kind of excuses are you making up?   Like has been said by at least two other people in this thread, slavery has never been based on "race" not to mention again, there is only one human race on this planet, so slavery has never been based on skin color or location.

Yes, most people of african descent (most not all) are in the U.S. because their ancestors were either slave traders or slaves, but a lot of Irish are in the U.S. and the caribean for the same reason.    Natives were enslaved by the Europeans as well!!!!

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

The English Puritans had a blast selling any Scot or Irish person who didn't agree with them. A papal bull made it based on whether you were a Christian or not. Romans sold Germans and Celts. Celts sold other Celts. It became race based at a later date.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What are you talking about?   Europeans did enslave other europeans, british sold their own poor people to slavers, are you daft?   What kind of excuses are you making up?   Like has been said by at least two other people in this thread, slavery has never been based on "race" not to mention again, there is only one human race on this planet, so slavery has never been based on skin color or location.

Yes, most people of african descent (most not all) are in the U.S. because their ancestors were either slave traders or slaves, but a lot of Irish are in the U.S. and the caribean for the same reason.    Natives were enslaved by the Europeans as well!!!!

Natives were enslaved by natives as well!!!!

Piney is the one arguing that slavery was race based. My post is to counter that viewpoint

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I've been under the impression that by the time Europe and the America's were importing most slaves from Africa the narrative was more about not enslaving Christians and saving the souls of heathens that you enslaved by converting them to help justify it.

To be fair. I'd rather be exported to America then still be a slave in Africa. Those not exported were often part of mass sacrifices, or if not, still endured far worse suffering from the African masters

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Natives were enslaved by natives as well!!!!

Piney is the one arguing that slavery was race based. My post is to counter that viewpoint

He is not, maybe you don't read so well.   And where did you say it was Not race based, all you did was say that Europeans did not enslave other Europeans.   

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Why do you think europeans didn't enslave europeans?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He is not, maybe you don't read so well.   And where did you say it was Not race based, all you did was say that Europeans did not enslave other Europeans.   

I said "why do you think europeans didn't enslave other Europeans?"

In response to a post where Piney is saying the Chinese slavery wasn't race based, which makes it "better" somehow. 

All I am saying is that slavery was never race based. It was based on enslaving those who couldn't defend themselves

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

No, even "wage slaves" can resign for better deals, and really have noone but themselves to blame for their situation

You've changed your tune since you were arguing against the coming holocaust of wage slaves being forced to get a vaccine.

It's almost as if your values are founded on sand.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

In response to a post where Piney is saying the Chinese slavery wasn't race based, which makes it "better" somehow. 

All I am saying is that slavery was never race based. It was based on enslaving those who couldn't defend themselves

Maybe you are reading too much into the words.  I didn't get that from what @Piney posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Nah, you're coming off as a Bizarro Leonard Jeffries.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

To be fair. I'd rather be exported to America then still be a slave in Africa. Those not exported were often part of mass sacrifices, or if not, still endured far worse suffering from the African masters

Yeah being kidnapped by foreigners and shipped off for enslavement and having your native culture beaten out of you is just aces.

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe you are reading too much into the words.  I didn't get that from what @Piney posted.

Maybe you are hearing what you want to hear. As far as I can tell, we are in agreement. Slavery is bad no matter who is doing it to who, and slavery is not based on race, but based on who you can enslave. 

What should also be more prominent in this discussion is how the slave trade ended. Altruistic intentions from good Christians who put their money behind their ideas and financed warships to intercept slave ships. 2000 British navy seamen and officers were killed ending slavery.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

The Vikings had European slaves. I suspect that pagan slavery in Europe ended when the pagans were christianized. It may have been replaced by bondsmen that were bound to their land and that worked for their noble lords.

It is a complex subject that some historians and maybe sociologists and antropologists are more knowledgable about.

• Like 4

Just now, HSlim said:

Yeah nothing like enslavement and having your native culture beaten out of you. 

What? You don't think the enslaved Africans retained their tribal culture in Africa do you?

Much like native Britons lost their culture in England despite not being exported anywhere after the Roman, Saxon and Viking invasions

• Confused 1

There's a little Karen inside of everyone. 

Hahaha :D

Edited by acidhead
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

What? You don't think the enslaved Africans retained their tribal culture in Africa do you?

Much like native Britons lost their culture in England despite not being exported anywhere after the Roman, Saxon and Viking invasions

I don't think I've ever seen someone tow the line so hard for slavers in a while.... And I live in the deep south

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 2