Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Conservatives Became Karens

OverSword

1 hour ago, HSlim said:

But haven't they found out the builders of the pyramids were actually paid workers?  

I think it was a theory but not proven.  

For a job that big I don't think there is any doubt that slaves were used.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

There's a little Karen inside of everyone. 

Hahaha :D

Probably not as bad as Skater Boi

22 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Natives were enslaved by natives as well!!!!

Piney is the one arguing that slavery was race based. My post is to counter that viewpoint

The Shawnee would bring Pawnee and other non- Algonquian Central tribes to the port of Charleston to sell. One of our clan chiefs sold Mexicans to Apaches, Yaqui to Mexicans, Apaches and Comanche to Mexicans. Then we helped Kit Carson sell half the Navajo to Mexicans and Texans.

Mexicans called us Delua and feared us because we were backed by the American Army. The Texans and Arizona used us as scalp hunters.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HSlim said:

I don't think I've ever seen someone tow the line so hard for slavers in a while.... And I live in the deep south

I support slavery? Thanks. I was wondering what my position on this topic was

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Myles said:

No slaves were used. They were well paid craftsmen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

From what I've seen the evidence and archaeology found leans heavily toward the pyramid builders being paid laborers.  I'm sure that some slaves were involved though

• Like 1

Just now, Knob Oddy said:

I support slavery? Thanks. I was wondering what my position on this topic was

I didn't say you support it but I'm seeing a whole lot of defense of slaveholders coming from you

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, HSlim said:

I didn't say you support it but I'm seeing a whole lot of defense of slaveholders coming from you

Thanks Karen :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe you are reading too much into the words.  I didn't get that from what @Piney posted.

No, it was a institution that is over and people need to get over it.

I have a Black slave ancestor, Cuffee Padgett Cuff. I have a Black Indian slave trader ancestor Anthony Pierce.

Should I pay myself reparations? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I have a Black slave ancestor, Cuffee Padgett Cuff. I have a Black Indian slave trader ancestor Anthony Pierce.

Yeah I'm not in favor of reparations at this point.  Immediately following emancipation, yeah.  Now?  Nope

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

You haven't? 

• Haha 3

Just now, HSlim said:

Not at all. Just pointing out that the slave who arrived in the US were literally the "lucky ones". The ones still kept in Africa.... well, you can see for yourself:

When the English told King Gazo (of Dehomey, now Benin) that he had to stop selling slaves, the king was deeply upset.

He said his entire culture was built on taking slaves, he said mothers sing to their children every night about the conquests and slaves taken. All their prestige comes from taking slaves, it is the source of all their glory and wealth.

He said he would do ANYTHING the British wanted him to do APART from give up slavery.

The kings of Dehomey made $250,000 pounds in the year of 1750 from selling slaves. That was 1 years profits.

King Gezo had 10s of thousands of slaves, not counting those owned by his children and generals. 

None of this is hidden history at all. Its just that people don't want to know it

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

No slaves were used. They were well paid craftsmen.

Even on haulage? I can see experts in the crafting and the placement, but getting the donkey work done by human donkeys also makes sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Not at all. Just pointing out that the slave who arrived in the US were literally the "lucky ones". The ones still kept in Africa.... well, you can see for yourself

Wow dude.  That's beyond disgusting.  Think I'm going to have to put you on the ignore list with El Midgetron

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, HSlim said:

Wow dude.  That's beyond disgusting

I agree. What happened to innocent people was disgusting. Thank God there were people over 200 years ago who ended this barbarity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Even on haulage? I can see experts in the crafting and the placement, but getting the donkey work done by human donkeys also makes sense.

So basically aliens?

tumblr_o2y5zbSPfV1twdz6wo1_1280.pnj

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

So basically aliens?

tumblr_o2y5zbSPfV1twdz6wo1_1280.pnj

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a picture of Beta-Ray Bill without his funky hat on.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Yeah being kidnapped by foreigners and shipped off for enslavement and having your native culture beaten out of you is just aces.

Hi HSlim

Merchant marines shanghied people in port cities. Guy gets drunk with the boys in England and wakes up hungover and on his way to India.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Think I'm going to have to put you on the ignore list with El Midgetron

You Can T Handle The Truth Gif, A Few Good Men - "You can't handle the ...

You know what they say. If you can't disprove you must remove.

It's the only way to avoid having to think about difficult and nuanced topics. 

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi HSlim

Merchant marines shanghied people in port cities. Guy gets drunk with the boys in England and wakes up hungover and on his way to India.

That's not really the same though.  US slavery wasn't just a dude who got drunk in a bar, it was entire families being taken and enslaved

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 2

Just now, HSlim said:

That's not at all the same

Hi HSlim

It was slavery none the less as they did not consent and couldn’t leave.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi HSlim

It was called a "press gang". Forced labour (in war ships, so not exactly safe) but it was paid. As well as every man pressed recieving an ounce of tobacco per week and half a pint of rum daily.

While not slaves, they had no real choice. Their choice was to work on the ship or receive lashes. Often they were taken from ship to ship and lashed each time as a warning to other sailors.

But without such tactics, Napoleon would have certainly invaded England and Europe would probably still be a dictatorship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

You Can T Handle The Truth Gif, A Few Good Men - "You can't handle the ...

You know what they say. If you can't disprove you must remove.

It's the only way to avoid having to think about difficult and nuanced topics. 

Or I just don't have the time or energy for someone who says something asinine like people enslaved being "lucky".

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi HSlim

It was slavery none the less as they did not consent and couldn’t leave.

In that sense yes, it was a form of slavery.  Still, not like taking entire families and keeping that entire family and their descendants enslaved for well over 100 years in the US alone

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 3