Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden aides find second batch of classified documents at new location

OverSword

Aides to President Joe Biden have discovered at least one additional batch of classified documents in a location separate from the Washington office he used after leaving the Obama administration, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Since November, after the discovery of documents with classified markings in his former office, Biden aides have been searching for any additional classified materials that might be in other locations he used, said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to provide details about the ongoing inquiry.

The White House did not return a request for comment. The Justice Department had no comment.

Link

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

And they turned them in voluntarily, right?

Why were they there in the first place?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Enjoy the DC/Democrat Two-Step  :lol:  

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Dunno, the op didn't say. I assume some storage area, but don't quote me on that.

• Like 2

All that classified documents witch hunt just blowed up in their face. If they start to scratch a little bit more, they will probably find some in the footprint of each administrations...

What a waste of taxes but it's a gain for all the lawyers involved.

50fqvi4nrec81.jpg

• Like 1

I'm thinking they need to maybe start doing "document round ups" this for all presidents and ex-presidents and staffers and so forth.

• Like 6

Maybe hard copies should never leave the libraries and only issue self erasing digital copies that are only useable for x number of hours and self destructs if a download is attempted. It could also send an alert from the computer being used to attempt the download.

• Like 3

Impeachable offence???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

While others very well might have documents out of place trumpy is the one who took them on purpose to his home for years lied about them refused to return them etc, whatever. I see the forest for the trees on this one. The fact trumps minions are now are in a panic scurrying about resulting to whataboutism tells me they see their BOM going down in flames.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, it was passed as satire but its a real head scratcher, i wonder can trump read?

• Haha 1

Its so weird how trump isnt like anyone else had this thread been about him the subject would read...

"Trump aides help hide countless batches of classified documents at trumps home, club, etc  location"

And if FBI busted down Biden's front door raided his home and found zero the trumpy worshippers would say it was fair but cry coverup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hope biden faces some consequences for this.  

So if he faces consequences for voluntarily turning over documents they found, what consequences should someone face that refused to turn over documents they purposely took from a SCIF, where the documents are never supposed to leave?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

So if he faces consequences for voluntarily turning over documents they found, what consequences should someone face that refused to turn over documents they purposely took from a SCIF, where the documents are never supposed to leave?  

I don't know what the penalties are but both should face them.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Agree. However the penalties cannot be the same IMO. One returns them as the documents are found the other tries to fight the return. 

Anyway, I believe Obama planted those documents while Biden was asleep which should have not been a tough task.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Hi Myles

Yes there should be consequences which most agree with however they are not exactly the same offence given how they were discover and returned so penalties should be different. 
I still think that most Americans should be more concerned about who they want to represent both parties in the future as neither Biden or Trump should be in the running ever again. These people have been found to have made mistakes accept it and don’t waste focus arguing about them and focus on the future of your country and who will repress you the best.

Maybe the voters should be the ones selecting who they want to run for both parties. Your party may not win so would think that if everyone looked for the most moderate in both parties whether it is your party of choice then there might be less friction about who gets in as you had a voice in both selections.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, odas said:

Agree. However the penalties cannot be the same IMO. One returns them as the documents are found the other tries to fight the return. 

I do not disagree that Trump may face harsher penalties.   Biden needs to face his though, and the people saying he should face much because Trump did worse are not thinking clearly.  

biden taking them at least 2 different time is concerning.  That man has an ego and feels he can do whatever he wants. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

And they turned them in voluntarily, right?

Why were they taken and stored illegally to begin with?  Saying oops does not mean a crime was not committed.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Why were they taken and stored illegally to begin with?  Saying oops does not mean a crime was not committed.

The Trump case has fueled this misconception that you aren't allowed to be in personal possession of classified documents, and they must be viewed at a certain location.  That is not the case.  There are documents that can ONLY be viewed in a SCIF, but the great majority of classified documents don't fall under that classification.  As far as storage, a double lock is what's required.  The first batch were found in a locked closet in an office.  Front door, office door, closet door is a triple lock.  The issue is that once he was no longer Vice President, he doesn't have that clearance any longer, and he shouldn't be in possession of any classified information.

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

The Trump case has fueled this misconception that you aren't allowed to be in personal possession of classified documents, and they must be viewed at a certain location.  That is not the case.  There are documents that can ONLY be viewed in a SCIF, but the great majority of classified documents don't fall under that classification.  As far as storage, a double lock is what's required.  The first batch were found in a locked closet in an office.  Front door, office door, closet door is a triple lock.  The issue is that once he was no longer Vice President, he doesn't have that clearance any longer, and he shouldn't be in possession of any classified information.

:rolleyes: weak

Thanks for the info but I fail to see what trump has to do with Vice President Biden illegally taking and storing classified documents.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

:rolleyes: weak

Thanks for the info but I fail to see what trump has to do with Vice President Biden illegally taking and storing classified documents.

Didn't say it did.  I'm merely pointing out that numerous times in this thread, people have wondered why he had classified documents in his office WHILE he was Vice President.  Some people are clearly under the impression that all classified documents must remain in a SCIF.

He was hiding them in his garage. 

A batch of classified documents was found in the garage of one of President Biden's Delaware homes, White House lawyers announced Thursday.

The White House Counsel's Office searched Biden's two residences in Rehoboth Beach and Wilmington, Delaware this week, after revelations about a collection of Obama-era classified documents at a think tank in Washington. Biden is facing growing scrutiny for his handling of classified documents, and the White House says it is fully cooperating with a Justice Department investigation.

White House lawyers say they immediately contacted the DOJ when they discovered the documents this week. There has been no indication of what the documents contain or whether Biden or anyone else read them after leaving office as vice president.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-classified-documents-found-his-delaware-garage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Time to get rid of Biden and install Harris. I would imagine that TPTB can't believe their luck. Or is it luck? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1