Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skara Brae represents Sirius

The Puzzler

To firstly understand this idea, you need to see what I see…

In this image, Troy was Dogger Bank, that’s another thread altogether. Not part of this idea.

But look at the white dots, it’s Orion’s Belt, upside down, like in the Southern Hemisphere, with Orion’s Nebula at Newgrange and Sirius at Skara Brae.

9C27D057-D022-4B56-8C58-0B678D02804D.jpeg

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ell said:

It is called pareidolia

People may discern the same similarity when they look at the spots on the nail of their left large toe.

Seemingly.

0B8E6472-8F25-4671-9EC5-B08FDD0D805A.jpeg

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Seemingly.

Dogon Cosmology was polluted by academic dishonesty and it's hard to discern what they believed prior to engaging with a certain anthropologist whose name evades me right now.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Dogon Cosmology was polluted by academic dishonesty and it's hard to discern what they believed prior to engaging with a certain anthropologist whose name evades me right now.

I don’t believe that. 
The Dogon people with whom French anthropologists Griaule and Germaine Dieterlen worked during the 1930s and 1940s had a system of signs which ran into the thousands, including "their own systems of astronomy and calendrical measurements, methods of calculation and extensive anatomical and physiological knowledge, as well as a systematic pharmacopoeia".[20] The religion embraced many aspects of nature which are found in other traditional African religions.”

Dogon Wikipedia.

So the French polluted the other traditional African religions too? No, this is core ancient knowledge, that the French anthropologists were astounded by.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

I don’t believe that. 
The Dogon people with whom French anthropologists Griaule and Germaine Dieterlen worked during the 1930s and 1940s had a system of signs which ran into the thousands, including "their own systems of astronomy and calendrical measurements, methods of calculation and extensive anatomical and physiological knowledge, as well as a systematic pharmacopoeia".[20] The religion embraced many aspects of nature which are found in other traditional African religions.”

Dogon Wikipedia.

So the French polluted the other traditional African religions too? No, this is core ancient knowledge, that the French anthropologists were astounded by.

Jupiter's moons, rings of Saturn? I'm with van Beek. Academic dishonesty.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Each to their own. This idea doesn’t even hinge on that fact, just that Skara Brae was a Sirius constellation place, so it doesn’t distract from my theory either way.

7F276519-D20C-4ADD-B6C3-A55BFED60BB5.jpeg

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Sad 1

With or without the Dogon, it still works.

5A2CEFC7-A8D9-4812-9C3C-55596FF306DB.jpeg

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ell said:

The large type quotes are difficult to read. Besides, there is a quote function " in the tool bar. Use it.

I’ve got over 10,000 posts here. You have 1000, I’ll do what I like. It’s how it pastes, try harder.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

For heavens sake: a pasted screenshot? That is extremely weird.

Please leave the Dogon out of it. Them French antropologists did not understand that - and neither do you.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Ok, but as I said, this theory doesn’t just hinge on the Dogon. I’ll move on to Gobekli Tepe. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ell said:

For heavens sake: a pasted screenshot? That is extremely weird.

Please leave the Dogon out of it. Them French antropologists did not understand that - and neither do you.

Don’t I? A pasted screenshot…yes, where are you, stuck in the 90’s? 

1 minute ago, Ell said:

Is that because you are gender female or because you are Australian?

Both. Most people on here know what I’m like, get with the program.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Puzzler said:

I’ll move on to Gobekli Tepe. 

That is more acceptable. It is a more believable 'person sitting on the back of a stork flight' from Turkey to the Scottish isles than from Mali.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

With or without the Dogon, it still works.

5A2CEFC7-A8D9-4812-9C3C-55596FF306DB.jpeg

Well, hunter-gatherers along with agriculturalists had to track the seasons to know when to procure or harvest.

I'm more than certain I could make it work with the Shenks Ferry Culture who were hell on astronomers whose linguistic affiliations are unknown.

Along with the Dakota-Lakota who lost much of their knowledge when the Hopewell Horizon came unglued and they became nomads when driven onto the prairie after contact.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ell said:

That is more acceptable. It is a more believable 'person sitting on the back of a stork flight' from Turkey to the Scottish isles than from Mali.

The thing is genetics tells us that people of Libya, the Berbers are actually genetically related to the Northen Saami.. So the Saami Finns and Estonians can have the same cosmology as the Berbers, who are said to have moved to the Nile area, creating the first dynasties of Egypt. It’s not hard to see how they have the same beliefs.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Ok, but as I said, this theory doesn’t just hinge on the Dogon. I’ll move on to Gobekli Tepe. 

To be a good star tracker, you just have to be observant as people at that time had to be to survive the whims of nature.

Of course when it comes to astronomy those people are going to come to the same conclusions.

They also had a lot of time on their hands lacking media sources.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Puzzler said:

The thing is genetics tells us that people of Libya, the Berbers are actually genetically related to the Northen Saami.. So the Saami Finns and Estonians can have the same cosmology as the Berbers, who are said to have moved to the Nile area, creating the first dynasties of Egypt. It’s not hard to see how they have the same beliefs.

@cormac mac airt Enlighten us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Well, hunter-gatherers along with agriculturalists had to track the seasons to know when to procure or harvest.

I'm more than certain I could make it work with the Shenks Ferry Culture who were hell on astronomers whose linguistic affiliations are unknown.

Along with the Dakota-Lakota who lost much of their knowledge when the Hopewell Horizon came unglued and they became nomads when driven onto the prairie after contact.

I think it was more so with the HG, by the time Neolithic people came along, myths of seasons had changed to corn growing mythology.

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

To be a good star tracker, you just have to be observant as people at that time had to be to survive the whims of nature.

Of course when it comes to astronomy those people are going to come to the same conclusions.

They also had a lot of time on their hands lacking media sources.

It’s easier to track the seasons than the Solstice IMO. This whole topic starts with seasonal tracking, Orion is seasonal tracking, related to Hunter gathering. None of his myths even have a shred of Neolithic about them.

Edited by The Puzzler

Just now, The Puzzler said:

I think it was more so with the HG, by the time Neolithic people came along, myths of seasons had changed to corn growing mythology.

Certain Woodland tribes in the Great Lakes Region and the Outer Coastal plain depended on wild rice as a staple and corn was just acquired through trade or gardened as a treat.

• Like 2

@cormac mac airt Enlighten us.

OK….

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1199377/

Titled An Unexpected link Saami and Berbers

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Thanks 1