Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skara Brae represents Sirius

The Puzzler

Not forgetting that Osiris sister was Neph.tys.…..

The Nephilim, children of Orion. 

20 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

No they weren’t. At the time of Skara Brae circa 3180 BC THE Saami and Berber split had already previously occurred nearly 4000 years prior. 

cormac

Yes and no. My wording was awful and yes, at that time, they had split…but the same cosmology, religious values IMO stayed with them, even by that time, different lands, same ancient values. So the Serer, the Dogon, the Egyptians may have retained the same cultural thoughts from that time but yes, were not one at that time.

The cosmology of Isis blends with Serapis, the Greek fertility God of planting crops. The cult leaders of Serapis become Christian core priests in the beginning. This is still Sirius. As Isis. The cult is still going.

There is probably hundreds of European cities built on the plan of Orion but we haven’t noticed them, yet.

3 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Yes and no. My wording was awful and yes, at that time, they had split…but the same cosmology, religious values IMO stayed with them, even by that time, different lands, same ancient values. So the Serer, the Dogon, the Egyptians may have retained the same cultural thoughts from that time but yes, were not one at that time.

Completely unevidenced.

The Egyptians received nothing from the other two groups as they were primarily descendants of native indigenous peoples of the Nile Valley as well as a degree of North African migrants from the end of the Savannah/Steppe phase of the Sahara as well as Levantine immigrants. 

cormac

• Like 2

With his (i.e. Osiris's) wife Isis, and their son Horus (in the form of Harpocrates), Serapis won an important place in the Greek world

“Bishops of Christ” were followers of Serapis.

FD57D10D-BD6C-4CE9-B993-AF91A3A75570.jpeg

Were the architects and Kings part of the indigenous locals who inhabited the Nile Valley or newcomers with knowledge and power,…much like in Greece, it’s not until newcomers, the Dorics Hellenes, and the story of Agamemnon and Menelaus, never Greek, Herodotus tells us they instituted power so the Pelasgians changed their language. Do the genetics of Egyptian Kings…R1b match to the local indigenous Egyptians who inhabited the Nike Valley originally, I think not. I’m not denying everyday Egyptians werelocal indigenous people but what about the ones who made the laws, the draughtsmen of the pyramids, is this class part of the local yokel?

Edited by The Puzzler

1 minute ago, The Puzzler said:

Were the architects and Kings part of the indigenous locals who inhabited the Nike Valley or newcomers with knowledge and power,…much like in Greece, it’s not until newcomers, the Dorics Hellenes, and the story of Agamemnon and Menelaus, never Greek, Herodotus tells us they instituted power so the Pelasgians changed their language. Do the genetics of Egyptian Kings…R1b match to the local indigenous Egyptians who inhabited the Nike Valley originally, I think not. I’m not denying everyday Egyptians werelocal indigenous people but what about the ones who made the laws, the draughtsmen of the pyramids, is this class part of the local yokel?

Yes. 

R1b occurred amongst both everyday peoples AND Pharoah’s. 

cormac

5 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yes. 

R1b occurred amongst both everyday peoples AND Pharoah’s. 

cormac

I don’t think so. The pharaohs came from the Levant or Europe. Even Chad doesn’t show R1b, before Islamic entry.

I have the same genes as Akhenaten and Tutankhamum, maybe u do too, R1b on my paternal side and K1 from my mtDNA maternal side. I’m not buying the they were local Pharoahs thing.

I don’t think so. The pharaohs came from the Levant or Europe. Even Chad doesn’t show R1b, before Islamic entry.

It doesn't matter as there was a degree of migration of R1B INTO Ancient Egypt as well as the Levant. And that migration of DNA was shared as well among the general populace as it was the nobility. 

cormac

• Like 1

I have the same genes as Akhenaten and Tutankhamum, maybe u do too, R1b on my paternal side and K1 from my mtDNA maternal side. I’m not buying the they were local Pharoahs thing.

That's good since it's not for sale. The pharoah's were, for the most part, closest related to Northern Africans and Levantine peoples except those during periods when Egypt was being ruled by Nubians then there was a greater percentage of Sub-Saharan DNA. 

cormac

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

That's good since it's not for sale. The pharoah's were, for the most part, closest related to Northern Africans and Levantine peoples except those during periods when Egypt was being ruled by Nubians then there was a greater percentage of Sub-Saharan DNA. 

cormac

Northern Africans…oh you mean Berbers, the exact people who were related to the Saami in the dispersion from the Cantabrian refuge? The same people who held the ancient Orion cosmology of the cults of Europe from 7000BC? and introduced it to Egypt.

my man says to me, why didn’t aboriginals invent the bow.? The answer is the same, ideas jump at you when you’re exposed to them. If you’re not exposed to them, through cultural intrusion or trade, you’re very unlikely to come up with the idea on your own. 

Edited by The Puzzler

8 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

True,  my heritage is not for sale, maybe to Shylock….

Edited by The Puzzler

9 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Northern Africans…oh you mean Berbers, the exact people who were related to the Saami in the dispersion from the Cantabrian refuge? The same people who held the ancient Orion cosmology of the cults of Europe from 7000BC? and introduced it to Egypt.

my man says to me, why didn’t aboriginals invent the bow.? The answer is the same, ideas jump at you when you’re exposed to them. If you’re not exposed to them, through cultural intrusion or trade, you’re very unlikely to come up with the idea on your own. 

No, don't put words in my mouth. Northern Africans as in THOSE NOT OF SUB-SAHARAN DNA HAPLOGROUPS. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Which would be wrong as there is a reason for the saying "necessity is the mother of invention". 

cormac

2 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

Over 1,000 Druids and Pagans are expected to descend on Stonehenge in Wiltshire to observe the spring equinox on 21 March 2022. The ancient ritual goes back over 5,000 years and celebrates spring as the advent of rebirth, fertility and new beginnings.”

Personally I think Spring calculations would be more important to Mesolithic and Neolithic people so concentrated on that first…I don’t know how but it’s incorporated into Stonehenge and again IMO, a more important celestial observation than Summer or Winter. It might be easier to note a day and night of same time than a shorter or longer day in a bigger picture. When the day and night are equal, equinox. 

As I understand it, the Romans made a pretty good effort to destroy the druids.  I think a lot of modern druidism sprang up in Victorian times, how true they are to ancient rituals I don't know. 

Shorter days are harder to measure when there is no time measurement system.  But, shadows move in the daytime and can be tracked, stars, planets, and the moon can be tracked night after night and the pattern can be deciphered.  Years can be tracked that way.  It even works if a group is nomadic.  They can have sites they visit periodically as they follow herds and seasons to check on progress.  Before agriculture became a reason to measure spring, I wonder when do horses, mammoths, antelopes, and other herd and prey animals for humans have their young.  When are they concentrated for breeding and when are they forced into lowlands to avoid cold weather.  It would be a great advantage and quite a bit of power to predict animal movements and reproduction accurately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

As I understand it, the Romans made a pretty good effort to destroy the druids.  I think a lot of modern druidism sprang up in Victorian times, how true they are to ancient rituals I don't know.

The druids famously wrote nothing down - all their history, rituals and knowledge was learned verbally.   When the last druid died, the last of that knowledge died.   So yeah, the Victorian druids made it all up.   

As for the likes of stonehenge - IMO it was the winter solstice that mattered, since that was the turn of the year.   If the Sun continues to die .....   Only once it was absolutely certain - by careful measurement at the stone circle - that the days had indeed stopped getting shorter, could we celebrate and start planing for a new year.  By spring, it's obvious it's getting warmer and there's no need to check it.   And I've never understood any reason to mark the summer solstice?

Of course, the further north you live, the more important the winter solstice is.  In Africa it was probably never even noticed and around the Mediterranean it's not really a big thing.    But I always wonder how it felt to be the first man to walk far enough north that, for one day, the sun did not rise ....  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Essan said:

The druids famously wrote nothing down - all their history, rituals and knowledge was learned verbally.   When the last druid died, the last of that knowledge died.   So yeah, the Victorian druids made it all up.   

As for the likes of stonehenge - IMO it was the winter solstice that mattered, since that was the turn of the year.   If the Sun continues to die .....   Only once it was absolutely certain - by careful measurement at the stone circle - that the days had indeed stopped getting shorter, could we celebrate and start planing for a new year.  By spring, it's obvious it's getting warmer and there's no need to check it.   And I've never understood any reason to mark the summer solstice?

Of course, the further north you live, the more important the winter solstice is.  In Africa it was probably never even noticed and around the Mediterranean it's not really a big thing.    But I always wonder how it felt to be the first man to walk far enough north that, for one day, the sun did not rise ....  

I agree and Stonehenge does originally command a time of winter solstice, rather than Summer solstice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Shorter days are harder to measure when there is no time measurement system.  But, shadows move in the daytime and can be tracked, stars, planets, and the moon can be tracked night after night and the pattern can be deciphered.  Years can be tracked that way.  It even works if a group is nomadic.  They can have sites they visit periodically as they follow herds and seasons to check on progress.  Before agriculture became a reason to measure spring, I wonder when do horses, mammoths, antelopes, and other herd and prey animals for humans have their young.  When are they concentrated for breeding and when are they forced into lowlands to avoid cold weather.  It would be a great advantage and quite a bit of power to predict animal movements and reproduction accurately.

The Romans made a good effort to destroy everyone. Modern Druidism has taken over for sure but they certainly real and mentions of them exist in ancient times. Whether they conducted events at Stonehenge however, is yes, up for debate.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druid#:~:text=A druid was a member,Druids left no written accounts.

Diodorus Siculus asserts that a sacrifice acceptable to the Celtic gods had to be attended by a druid, for they were the intermediaries between the people and the divinities. He remarked upon the importance of prophets in druidic ritual:

These men predict the future by observing the flight and calls of birds and by the sacrifice of holy animals: all orders of society are in their power ... and in very important matters they prepare a human victim, plunging a dagger into his chest; by observing the way his limbs convulse as he falls and the gushing of his blood, they are able to read the future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Doubled up on answer.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

Ascend and descend; descend with Nephthys, sink into darkness with the Night-bark. Ascend and descend; ascend with Isis, rise with the Day-bark.
 Pyramid Text utterance 222, line 210[17]

6 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

No they weren’t. At the time of Skara Brae circa 3180 BC THE Saami and Berber split had already previously occurred nearly 4000 years prior. 

Ah c'mon, Cormac.  What's four millennia between friends?  Look at us today: are we really any different from our Bronze Age ancestors?  I bet my great-grandsires also spent their days drinking beer and watching telly, occasionally nipping down the bookies or the offie.  And sometimes attacking the people in the next-but-one village.

I love how folks like Puzzler brush over such trivial matters as a hundred generations of divergent evolution and assume nothing changed in all that time.  So when they extrapolate back it's obvious to them that the patterns they imagine exist today existed then.  Also sounds and words, stories and legends: everything can be traced back to a common idyll if you're gullible and desperate enough.

The whole Dogon/Sirius thing was always very silly and has been thoroughly and comprehensively debunked, yet people still drag it from its grave and present it as factual.  Yawn.

Did y'all know that folks in Mali speak a language rather like French?  I reckon four thousand years ago they must have had a common ancestor, probably living in Shangri-la or Atlantis.  Any genetic similarities will PROVE my theory.  Any genetic differences will PROVE that their ancestors experienced catastrophic radiation poisoning from (insert some catastrophic disaster here).  Prove me wrong.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Ah c'mon, Cormac.  What's four millennia between friends?  Look at us today: are we really any different from our Bronze Age ancestors?  I bet my great-grandsires also spent their days drinking beer and watching telly, occasionally nipping down the bookies or the offie.  And sometimes attacking the people in the next-but-one village.

I love how folks like Puzzler brush over such trivial matters as a hundred generations of divergent evolution and assume nothing changed in all that time.  So when they extrapolate back it's obvious to them that the patterns they imagine exist today existed then.  Also sounds and words, stories and legends: everything can be traced back to a common idyll if you're gullible and desperate enough.

The whole Dogon/Sirius thing was always very silly and has been thoroughly and comprehensively debunked, yet people still drag it from its grave and present it as factual.  Yawn.

Did y'all know that folks in Mali speak a language rather like French?  I reckon four thousand years ago they must have had a common ancestor, probably living in Shangri-la or Atlantis.  Any genetic similarities will PROVE my theory.  Any genetic differences will PROVE that their ancestors experienced catastrophic radiation poisoning from (insert some catastrophic disaster here).  Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong, what are you, a meme?

• Confused 1

This is all wasted on you lot tbh.

Lore of Sirius

Sirius is behind the sun as seen from Earth in Northern Hemisphere summer. In late summer, it appears in the east before sunrise, near the sun in our sky”

https://earthsky.org/brightest-stars/sirius-the-brightest-star/#:~:text=Lore of Sirius&text=Sirius is behind the sun,the sun in our 

“Laird Scranton reveals the striking similarities between Skara Brae and the Dogon of Mali, who still practice the same cosmology and traditions they once shared with pre-dynastic Egypt. He shows how the earliest Skara Brae houses match the typical Dogon stone house as well as Schwaller de Lubicz’s intrepretation of the Egyptian Temple of Man at Luxor. He explains how megalithic stone sites near Skara Brae conform to Dogon cosmology, each representing sequential stages of creation as described by Dogon priests, and he details how the houses at Skara Brae also represent a concept of creation”

https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Skara-Brae-Neolithic-Scotland/dp/1620555735

Back to the beginning….

50DD0CC5-EC56-40F1-9F0B-CA7B4604DE5F.jpeg